用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 保良局田家炳千禧小學 My son is a P-1 to be at PLKTKPMS this Sept.
發新帖
查看: 3387|回覆: 9
go

My son is a P-1 to be at PLKTKPMS this Sept. [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-7-4 16:44 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My son will be P-1 at this school starting this coming Sept.  Any parents can share their experience with me about the school?  Is the homework load appropriate or too much?  Are the teachers willing to communicate with parents and open-minded?  Are most students friendly and polite? I have millions of questions and too much to ask.  I am really worried, and sad to see him departing from the very happy and fruitful kindergarten school life.

Grateful for your comments.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-7-6 14:50 |只看該作者
原文章由 Patbaby 於 08-7-4 16:44 發表
My son will be P-1 at this school starting this coming Sept.  Any parents can share their experience with me about the school?  Is the homework load appropriate or too much?  Are the teachers willing  ...

我估田千不是你的首選吧, 我很明白你的感受和擔心. 我兒子來年會升小二, 我上年都和你現在一樣.
每個小朋友可負苛的功課數量都不一樣, 他們每天都有3-5樣功課(連默書), 沒有什麼所謂PROJECT(我鐘意, 否則又是要我做, 本人沒那麼多時間), 是我小朋友所能應付的數量. 中文就全普通話教, 他的普通話就進步了很多. 英文科, 他們上年參加了教統局一個計劃, 強調小朋友閱讀, 不 記硬背, 活動教學, 我就覺得有些淺, 可能個仔英文比較好的原因, 佢應付自如, 很有成功感. 常識會有些主題用英文教, 這又很好, 我鐘意.
課外活動有很多樣選擇, 透過學校安排, 不用自己煩惱.
老師都NICE, 我有幾次打電話問兒子的情況, 佢地都樂於回答.
整體不錯,

3#
發表於 08-7-7 12:11 |只看該作者
Thank you ilmom.  Your comments are really helpful for us to know the school a bit more.  I hope the school is an open-minded one, allowing room for children to develop their potential. One more question:  Does the school rank students according to their academic performances? Are the rankings reported openly?  I think positive encouragement is very important for the development of young children. I personally disagree with any kind of negative labelling on young children.  

Yes it was not my first choice. We gave up places at a private school and a direct-subsidied school because of the traveling distances.

With best regards,

Patbaby

4#
發表於 08-7-8 08:54 |只看該作者
據我所知, 他們每次考試都會有排名, 在派成績表時會告知家長. 但在成績表上就沒有列岀. 但同學仔之間應知道誰考得好, 因我有聽我的兒子回來說.
不過學生就未必感受到太大的學習壓力.
學校都很注重德育的培養, 一年內有很多這方面的活動.
學校設有午間表演時段, 學生有什麼專長, 可以報名參加, 總之不會只重讀書.
而我個人比較喜歡它的地點和校園.
你有沒有再試其他學校?祝你好運!

5#
發表於 08-7-8 17:01 |只看該作者
Dear ilmom,

I must thank you for your prompt feedback and comforting messages.  I should think positively and get on with it now. Life is like a box of chocolate.

Regards,

Patbaby

6#
發表於 08-7-8 19:27 |只看該作者
老實講, 我真的好明白你的感受, 當上年我也是在派位失敗後, 成個人都很不開心, 可能是心"摸"影嚮, 或羊群心理, 總是覺得入不了第一志願, 整個人很DOWN. 後來我想, 若我的小朋友是出色的, 到那也可以顯露他的才華. 而你對教育自己小孩方面這麼用心, 你的小朋友的學業不會太差. 本來我也想著今年再考上年想報的學校, 但因為兒子讀得開心, 而那些學校上年給我的感覺不太好, 其中一間表示會用普通話教, 我問校長, 如小朋友跟不上, 有困難, 怎辦? 該校長答我, 那就要靠家長了, 並沒有什麼令我驚喜的答案, 也可見所謂名校並沒有什麼特別教學法, 主要是將責任交給家家長, 那跟其他學校不是一樣? 那我不如選一間可以花心思在學生學習和 肯不斷改進教學法幫學生的學校.

希望你可以盡快渡過這一艱難時期啦, 記住要對自己的小朋友有信心, 和不要讓你的情緒影嚮到小 朋友.

7#
發表於 08-7-11 17:13 |只看該作者
You really catch my feelings.  Thanks for your very touching words.  Yes, I am thinking to re-appy for some private schools next year, if he does not fit in very well here.  May be I will change my mind, but that's what I plan to be at the moment.  Anyway, good to know that the school is dedicated. Hope that my "down feelings" would soon fade away.

8#
發表於 08-7-14 14:15 |只看該作者
有事你可以直接PM我, 大家交流下.

9#
發表於 08-9-26 22:09 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

ilmon,

全級考30名內才會在成績表上列出的。

10#
發表於 09-7-20 23:33 |只看該作者
my son will be at Primary 1 this year and my feeling just like Patbaby.  Although i have applied another school,  my son was not accepted.  However, i hope my son suit the new life in this school and i will support him
‹ 上一主題|下一主題