搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 RC parents! Please help!
查看: 4347|回覆: 21
go

RC parents! Please help! [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-7-3 23:59 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Dear  all,

May I know how many students in Year 3 class?

What I need to help my son to prepare?

thanks!  thanks!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-7-4 09:04 |只看該作者
leeleelee,

Last year my daugther class have 25 students.

mabelku

原文章由 leeleelee 於 08-7-3 23:59 發表
Dear  all,

May I know how many students in Year 3 class?

What I need to help my son to prepare?

thanks!  thanks!

3#
發表於 08-7-4 12:01 |只看該作者
Mabelku,

thanks a lot!

Do you kids love the school and enjoy the school life?

Do you help you kids in homework a lot?

Many thanks!!!!

leeleelee

原文章由 mabelku 於 08-7-4 09:04 發表
leeleelee,

Last year my daugther class have 25 students.

mabelku

4#
發表於 08-7-8 10:58 |只看該作者
leeleelee,

Sorry for my late reply.  My daugther love the school so much.  She give 99 marks for the school.  School not much home work just ask them read book and write the comments.  sometimes, have some worksheet but no everyday.  For the homework, I think they can handle, no need parent help.

However, I will give some extra worksheet Math, chinese for my daughter just 2 pages each everyday.  She also can handle by herself as I'm working mum.  I just check the answer after backhome and doing the correction with her at night time.

MabelKU

原文章由 leeleelee 於 08-7-4 12:01 發表
Mabelku,

thanks a lot!

Do you kids love the school and enjoy the school life?

Do you help you kids in homework a lot?

Many thanks!!!!

leeleelee

5#
發表於 08-7-9 22:23 |只看該作者
Mabelku,

thank you for your reply, It is great to heard the good comments, I hope my son also love the school, by the way, What grade is your daugther?

Nice to meet you!

leeleelee
原文章由 mabelku 於 08-7-8 10:58 發表
leeleelee,

Sorry for my late reply.  My daugther love the school so much.  She give 99 marks for the school.  School not much home work just ask them read book and write the comments.  sometimes, hav ...

6#
發表於 08-7-10 17:56 |只看該作者
Dear leeleelee,

My daughter will be grade 4 for coming Sept.

Mabelku

原文章由 leeleelee 於 08-7-9 22:23 發表
Mabelku,

thank you for your reply, It is great to heard the good comments, I hope my son also love the school, by the way, What grade is your daugther?

Nice to meet you!

leeleelee

7#
發表於 08-7-11 21:48 |只看該作者
Hi leeleelee,

Nice to meet you.

My son will also be starting at year 3 at RC this year.

Have you managed to buy the school uniform, how much did you spend on it?  Do you think it was necessary to buy every item on the list or can some be missed out?

Do you know what class your son will be?

Thanks

8#
發表於 08-7-12 22:01 |只看該作者
Hello Twolovelyboys,

Nice to meet you too.

My son not yet to know the class name, I bought two sets of uniform, one set of P.E. uniform and a jacket. All together approx. HK $500. The book bag is out of order. my son use the old school bag due to the RC school bag quite expense.
Did your son join the ESF Summer Camp, 2008 ? My son already be enrolled in Summer Camp at RC on 21st July - 26th July, 2008.

best regards!

leeleelee

原文章由 Twolovelyboys 於 08-7-11 21:48 發表
Hi leeleelee,

Nice to meet you.

My son will also be starting at year 3 at RC this year.

Have you managed to buy the school uniform, how much did you spend on it?  Do you think it was necessary to b ...

9#
發表於 08-7-14 16:17 |只看該作者
Unfortunately we will not be back in HK until begining of August therefore unable to join the summer camp.

Agree with you at $HK400 for the school bag, seems a bit expensive.

原文章由 leeleelee 於 08-7-12 22:01 發表
Hello Twolovelyboys,

Nice to meet you too.

My son not yet to know the class name, I bought two sets of uniform, one set of P.E. uniform and a jacket. All together approx. HK $500. The book bag is ou ...

10#
發表於 08-7-14 20:49 |只看該作者
Hi Twolovelyboys,

Personally I don't like the school bag much.  It seems too heavy and bulky.  You may check other stores for better alternatives.

原文章由 Twolovelyboys 於 08-7-14 16:17 發表
Unfortunately we will not be back in HK until begining of August therefore unable to join the summer camp.

Agree with you at $HK400 for the school bag, seems a bit expensive.

11#
發表於 08-7-14 21:13 |只看該作者
I think the design of the bag looks quite good on the order form.

Do you know what primary school class need to bring to school everyday.  If it is just a few books would the $HK40 library bag be sufficient?

原文章由 chingyu 於 08-7-14 20:49 發表
Hi Twolovelyboys,

Personally I don't like the school bag much.  It seems too heavy and bulky.  You may check other stores for better alternatives.

12#
發表於 08-7-14 22:22 |只看該作者
Twolovelyboys,

As my daughter was Year 1 last year, that type of school bag didn't fit her figure.

The library bag is used for borrowing books ONLY.  Without it, the students are not allowed to borrow books.  

Will your kids bring lunch box/snack box/water bottles; etc?
Moreover, there is a transparent communication bag for daily use.  I think it's a must to buy a reasonable size backpack.

chingyu

原文章由 Twolovelyboys 於 08-7-14 21:13 發表

Do you know what primary school class need to bring to school everyday.  If it is just a few books would the $HK40 library bag be suf ...

13#
發表於 08-7-14 22:51 |只看該作者
Hi Chingyu,

Thanks for your info.

My son will not be bringing in any pack lunch to college but may have a water bottle.  

Because we live quite far away and I willl be taking him to school, I'm not too keen for him (or in this case me) carrying a bag everyday.  But if it a must, I may have to consider buying a light and less bulky one, as recommended.

原文章由 chingyu 於 08-7-14 22:22 發表
Twolovelyboys,

As my daughter was Year 1 last year, that type of school bag didn't fit her figure.

The library bag is used for borrowing books ONLY.  Without it, the students are not allowed to borr ...

14#
發表於 08-7-16 17:52 |只看該作者
原文章由 Twolovelyboys 於 08-7-14 21:13 發表

Do you know what primary school class need to bring to school everyday.  If it is just a few books would the $HK40 library bag be sufficient?

The school bag is an SPI school bag, and most SPI school bags are actually heavy and bulky. I think there is no need to rush. Parents should see the actual school bag first to see whether you like it.

The library bag would not be good enough to be a school bag. Firstly, it is supposed to be for borrowing books from the library only. And it is only a shoulder bag which is not convenient to carry around the school. I personally think that back packs are more suitable. The children need to walk up the stairs to their classrooms. So back packs with wheels are also not good.

Just go out and buy a back pack which you think is priced reasonably. The bag should be big enough to hold exercise books of A4 size.

15#
發表於 08-7-16 22:27 |只看該作者
The teacher will not allow your child to use the library bag.  As my son for an example, the class teacher wrote some notes on his communication book and requested me to buy him a backpack as a school bag.  Finally, I bought him the SPI school bag ( the heavy and bulky one) because I had no time to seach for a better one.

[ 本文章最後由 alphamom 於 08-7-16 22:31 編輯 ]

16#
發表於 08-7-16 22:38 |只看該作者
Does that mean we have to carry 2 bags to school every day (the library bag and the SPI school bag).

BTW what does SPI stand for?

原文章由 alphamom 於 08-7-16 22:27 發表
The teacher will not allow your child to use the library bag.  As my son for an example, the class teacher wrote some notes on his communication book and requested me to buy him a backpack as a school ...

17#
發表於 08-7-17 15:50 |只看該作者
Dear,

My son has a old SPI school bag ( too heavy and bulky ) (In my opinion), the bag without all stuffs, I feel my son 's  SPI school bag is too heavy but the quality is good and also fully support the spinal column. you can go to Dr. Kong shop to take a look the school bag , it is also quite good.

leeleelee

原文章由 alphamom 於 08-7-16 22:27 發表
The teacher will not allow your child to use the library bag.  As my son for an example, the class teacher wrote some notes on his communication book and requested me to buy him a backpack as a school ... [/quote]

[ 本文章最後由 leeleelee 於 08-7-19 00:53 編輯 ]

18#
發表於 08-7-17 21:59 |只看該作者
Your kid needs to take the library bag once per week or once per two weeks. Its depends your kid wants to borrow new books from the library or not.

19#
發表於 08-7-18 11:01 |只看該作者
Does that mean we have to carry 2 bags to school every day (the library bag and the SPI school bag).

BTW what does SPI stand for?

Kids need to bring the library bag to school on the day with "library class", ie the time where the whole class will go to the library together and spend time there with the librarian (may be some story time, etc) or read. The bag is a light PVC (plastic) shoulder bag which can be easily folded and fit in a back pack.

SPI is a very popular local brand of school bag. I think it is quite personal when it comes to which school bag is good and whether it is worth the price. I have never bought one because most people I know who have used SPI before asked me not to.

20#
發表於 08-8-4 15:49 |只看該作者
Dear All, Hi,
Pls help to share about RC.
My relative hopes to change his son to IS from local school. NOw, her child is coming P3 in sept. I know she is looking RC , then EFS and CIS.
She asked me any comments and sharings. After read the webite of RC, just know some info and procedure of application.
But..... we really don't know:- how many classes per year? per class?
besides of school fees, any big different from esf?
Not easy offers a seat to Year 2/3?
Pls share more info!
Really tks!!!

[ 本文章最後由 bbsbbs 於 08-8-4 15:52 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題