教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 聖瑪加利男女英文中小學
發新帖
查看: 3143|回覆: 13
go

聖瑪加利男女英文中小學 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 04-5-12 14:53 |只看該作者

聖瑪加利男女英文中小學

請問有無人對聖瑪加利男女英文中小學(深水埗)有意見. 因為佢是創校很久(1965),但遷去深水埗只是2003年的事.  

2#
發表於 04-5-12 15:07 |只看該作者

Re: 聖瑪加利男女英文中小學

HoHoMa,

I applied successfully for P.1 of this school last October but finally given up since I do not want to quit the round of Discretionary Point System in November 2003.  

This school is not moving from HK Island but with the same education institutional background.  The HK one is only for Girls Secondary School and this new school is Co-educational for both genders.

The ‘PARENTS’ magazine of this month introduced St. Margaret Co-educational school and if you are interested with it, you may buy this magazine to have more formal information data.
那時我為得到這孩子祈禱,上主就賞賜了我所懇求的,所以我現在把他獻於上主,他一生是屬於上主的。(撒上:27-28)你教導孩童應行的道路,待他老年時也不會離棄。(箴22:6)

3#
發表於 04-5-12 18:02 |只看該作者

del

4#
發表於 04-5-12 18:04 |只看該作者

gigi2 :

我早前駕車經過, 見到部份家長等接放學, 落車問這校情況, 家長話比我聽 :-
1. 這校英文課上堂全部外籍教師教學. (唔係一星期見一次)
2. 每級兩班, 但分三組, 每組廿多人上課. (好像行緊小班教學.)
3. 學校是活動教學, 甚少功課. 一年三次考試, 沒有測驗.
4. 小學部是新辦, 現階段都有d混亂, 但不斷改善.

頭三點另到我考慮將來幫囡囡報讀. 但是否真確呢. 你有否資料可提供.

5#
發表於 04-5-12 21:57 |只看該作者

Hi gigi,
My friend's son is studying there right now, but he used to apply many private schools, sounds "NO" schools admitted him, finally he got the admission of this school very late. I have no idea why no other private schools accept him but only this one because we are not so close...(but his boy looks so smart)
But you could just keep in mind how this school accept the student last year.
P.S. I totally don't know about this school cos we didn't talk much for his son.
Bluesky

6#
發表於 04-5-13 09:05 |只看該作者

Actually, I only got the experience of being interviewed by this Co-Edu School last year and therefore do not have sufficient information to comment on its performance etc.  Regarding the P.1 interview, I felt alright about it but anyway BK mommies seldom to discuss about this school or perhaps we do not have children studying at St. Margaret in BK Forum.

For the school website you may click the followings:

St. Margaret Co-Edu
那時我為得到這孩子祈禱,上主就賞賜了我所懇求的,所以我現在把他獻於上主,他一生是屬於上主的。(撒上:27-28)你教導孩童應行的道路,待他老年時也不會離棄。(箴22:6)

7#
發表於 04-5-13 10:40 |只看該作者

睇完大家的意見, 這間學校一切都頗新, 雖然師資及學校的教育方針都很好, 價錢就唔算貴, 但是就可惜都是無一些就讀者的意見, 而且佢收生又好似來者不拒. 我就擔心佢的學生的質素會唔會唔好. 好似黑社會入侵校園咁.  

8#
發表於 04-5-13 14:44 |只看該作者

曾經响聖瑪加利男女英文中小學嘅校舍外經過,只覺得頗靚,校舍就在英華中小學旁,如想知學生質素,maybe, 英華家長可以比到意見。

王國長老

9#
發表於 04-5-13 16:14 |只看該作者

我沒聽過這校因我住港島的。我以前聽過一個講座,個校長講的一點我覺得可以參考一下。如不清楚間學校,放學或當早上assembly時到校外看看/聽聽。早上assembly或多或少都可聽到校長/主任如何做早訓,學生們是嘈雜或安靜寧聽,這些都可略知一點師生如何。放學時亦可見到大部份小朋友如何,是橫衝直撞,粗粗魯魯還是大多小朋友是乖巧的呢?如果沒有口碑,去觀察下都可了解多點。

10#
發表於 04-5-13 16:25 |只看該作者

小女曾在此校讀過三星期小一,我覺得這校的老師很細心亦很關心學生,而我所見的中學部學生亦很有禮貌。小女退學的原因是因太早上媬姆車,五時半起床又唔肯食早餐,所以到校就唔舒服,又喊,體溫超標要早退。我知所以讀了三星期就唔好意思退學。

11#
發表於 04-5-13 16:52 |只看該作者

I am not sure whether this school will accept all applicants without screening.  But according to the last year, we were the 1st log of candidates to be interviewed in September or October (sorry I forgot the exact date already).  In the interview process, parents also had to attend for the interview by their supervisors in one room and at the same time my daughter was required to take panel interviews by 2 Chinese teachers and then another panel interview by an expatriate teacher, finally she was also required to perform physical test in the third classroom.

The whole interview process was nearly 2 hours at school.

Is the point whether the school will unscreen applicants or only they have insufficient feedbacks for accepting their offers from parents so that the school has to approve late applicants eventually?

12#
發表於 04-5-14 14:29 |只看該作者

Is your children join this school?   

13#
發表於 04-5-14 14:41 |只看該作者

Ho_Ho_ma,

Do you ask me?  I supposed.  

No, because the school required me to give up the first round of lucky draw in November 2003 (the stage of Discretionary Place allocation) and I do not want to quit the chance for enrolling into my best dream school then I rejected their offer on phone.

Anyway, I still failed in the first round and won't expect too much on the central allocation result in coming June.

St. Margaret gave me the overall impression was quite good though the past academic record was not sound.  After it has changed to DSS, I think the overall performance could be improved.

14#
發表於 04-5-18 14:40 |只看該作者

gigi2,

Thanks for your comment. You don't expect too much on the central allocation result in coming June, then which school you will choose.  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題