用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 如果你是最近移民到Sydney的,請進來分享經驗! ...
查看: 4246|回覆: 30
go

如果你是最近移民到Sydney的,請進來分享經驗! [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-5-31 23:17 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印

我將會在9月左右移到Sydney, 請各位師兄師姊分享一下你們的經驗!例如:

1. 到步後有什麼特別要注意的事?
2. 用那間搬運公司好些?
3. 有什麼東西一定要在香港買去?
4. 是否所有全新的家具, 電器等都要打税?

請多多提點! Thanks!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-6-4 13:51 |只看該作者
EliasDaddy,

你好! 我會在7月初移到Epping, 距離Sydney大概40分鐘車程吧. 你找到工作了嗎? 我估計到達後特別要注意的是難找到工作. 另外要去Center Link 申請Medicare Card 先. 因為看醫生時他會問你有沒有Medicare Card. 若無, 要付全費的.
上月我也想過運傢具去, 但計落在HK買傢具費再加上運費,不會平易過在Sydney買很多. 但Trouble得多, 如你真想找搬運公司, 你可試致電Asia Express 28931000問下.
澳洲什麼都貴, 其實最好什麼都帶去.
全新的電器是要打稅的, 用了一年以上, 保留發票的可免稅.
你們會住在那裡? 很高興認識你!
祝一切順利!

Bigbigmother

3#
發表於 08-6-4 21:47 |只看該作者

回覆 #2 EliasDaddy 的文章

1) "first" things need to do, check the below link from oz immigration.

http://www.immi.gov.au/living-in ... -do-first/index.htm

2) for house buy/rental,  I usually visit www.domain.com.au

3) I heard that you don't need to pay duty on goods bring to Australia if it is your first land to Australia. (ship by international removal company).  I am not so sure but I suggest you contact the removal company to check.

Everything in Sydney is sooooooo expensive and as you know the A$ is so strong nowaday and make it even more expensive in term of HK$.  Electrical item is not so bad but furniture and bed is very expensive unless you want to buy from Ikea.

I agreed with bigbigmother, looking for job isn't easy unless you are native speaking English.  You may try sending CV 2 months before and hoping you will get phone interview.

4#
發表於 08-6-5 12:53 |只看該作者
I suggest not to buy new electrical appliances from HK as you cannot have the warranty in OZ (e.g. TV, DVD recorder, fridge, heater, microwave). But for others like DC, DV,rice cooker you can bring to here (although no warrnaty as well, but they are not that expensive and the model is more update in HK).

原文章由 EliasDaddy 於 08-5-31 23:17 發表

我將會在9月左右移到Sydney, 請各位師兄師姊分享一下你們的經驗!例如:

1. 到步後有什麼特別要注意的事?
2. 用那間搬運公司好些?
3. 有什麼東西一定要在香港買去?
4. 是否所有全新的家具, 電器等都要打 ...

5#
發表於 08-6-5 18:30 |只看該作者
: Thanks for all of your precious advices!
Bigbigmother: I will stay in Kogarah (South-west of the Airport). Do you send everything in a cargo? So, why it is more expansive to send furniture (cost + delivery charges)?
Mrs. Kangaroo: Are you really thinking to move to Kogarah later? May be we can organise a "mini" Baby-kingdom gathering in Kogarah! My sister-in-law stayed there for 10 years.
Why it is cheaper to buy furniture in OZ Ikea ? Are the prices similar to HK?  I also thinking to deliver furniture to OZ!
Bigbigmother & Mrs. Kangaroo: Why it is difficult to look for a job? The employment rate is very low, right?? Is it same situation for any businesses? Is it due to discrimination?? I will looking for a chemical laboratory job. Anyone know this area?
How about to study a "Skill needed" area in TAFE? Will it be easier?

6#
發表於 08-6-5 21:22 |只看該作者
I mean Ikea is the cheapest (or almost the cheapest) furniture supplier here, but the price is still expensive than HK Ikea.

Getting the first job is difficult.  I am not sure your industry, but for me as an accountant, the agency will not help at all because they claimed that you don't have local working experience and blah blah....

If you know any company in your industry in Sydney, you may want to express your interest while you are still in HK.  Lots of people are working outside their profession.  My friend finished an accounting degree and end up working as cashier in supermarket!!

原文章由 EliasDaddy 於 08-6-5 18:30 發表
: Thanks for all of your precious advices!
Bigbigmother: I will stay in Kogarah (South-west of the Airport). Do you send everything in a cargo? So, why it is more expansive to send furniture (cos ...

7#
發表於 08-6-7 22:27 |只看該作者
Thanks Mrs. Kangaroo!
You are right! How can I have local working experience? What did you do to satisfy this requirement to get your first job? Can I do some volunteer work when I arrive? Does it help?

8#
發表於 08-6-9 16:32 |只看該作者
如果要找回會計工作要多久? (香港學位)
人工約多少?

9#
發表於 08-6-11 17:30 |只看該作者
原文章由 EliasDaddy 於 08-6-7 22:27 發表
Thanks Mrs. Kangaroo!
You are right! How can I have local working experience? What did you do to satisfy this requirement to get your first job? Can I do some volunteer work when I arrive? D ...

I didn't get my job via agency coz they are not really help even though I have working experience (HK).  Therefore,  I sent CV to the firms directly EVERYDAY and got my job.

Well, I don't know your industry so I can't comment.  But I suggest you try to send CV while you are still in HK to see any luck.  I know some lucky people they got job offer before they come over.

10#
發表於 08-6-11 17:43 |只看該作者
原文章由 KITTY.WONG 於 08-6-9 16:32 發表
如果要找回會計工作要多久? (香港學位)
人工約多少?

Hard to tell, I think it all depends on experience, english level (very important), position etc.

But I can tell you that you will get really low pay if the business owner is Chinese/Hongese!

I went for an interview for a Payable Clerk 2 years ago, they offer only A$400 (after tax) a week.

My friend's friend got a job few months ago....only A$28K a year (before tax).  Quited now.

Both business owners are Hongese.

Having said that, some people are very lucky, they may get a job very quick and good pay, so really hard to tell.

11#
發表於 08-6-11 18:56 |只看該作者
Why you go there?  Are you really need to go?  I have come back from there 10 years now.  Before that I also stay there 12 years.  Overall, Sydney is a good place for retirement but not for younger couple to build up their future there!

I you got kids, maybe worthwhile for you to pay citizen school fees for the education, that is!!

When I was there, I owned my business and earn lots of $ but I still need to come back HK because HK may give u life and challenge.

This is only my personal view may not apply to u.

Good Luck to you!!

12#
發表於 08-6-12 18:09 |只看該作者

回覆 #9 Mrs.Kangaroo 的文章

Thank you for your information and advices! I will try to send out some letters before I go there in Sept. I agreed that Chinese/Hongese employers are very mean.

So, how long have you been in OZ? Do you enjoy your life?

I lived in UK before for 7 years. I did enjoy a more simple life-style and have more time for my family. I know that we can make more money in HK, but life is too rush, both of us have to work to survive and my kid are not enjoying his school life.

13#
發表於 08-6-12 18:19 |只看該作者
Thanks for your information! I will stay in Kogarah (South-west of the Airport).  I got a HK friend also staying in Epping. She married to Sydney long time ago!
Do you send everything in a cargo? So, why it is more expansive to send furniture (cost + delivery charges)? Is the mover Asia Express reliable? Do they follow the whole process closely?
So, you will move there this July, right? How old is your child? After your child attend school, pls. tell me what is the most difficult things for him/her to settle down. My son is 9 this July, I think English is the most difficult thing for him. Keep-in-touch!

14#
發表於 08-6-12 18:32 |只看該作者

回覆 #2 bigbigmother 的文章

Thanks for your information! I will stay in Kogarah (South-west of the Airport).  I got a HK friend also staying in Epping. She married to Sydney long time ago!
Do you send everything in a cargo? So, why it is more expansive to send furniture (cost + delivery charges)? Is the mover Asia Express reliable? Do they follow the whole process closely?
So, you will move there this July, right? How old is your child? After your child attend school, pls. tell me what is the most difficult things for him/her to settle down. My son is 9 this July, I think English is the most difficult thing for him.  Keep-in-touch!

15#
發表於 08-6-22 20:38 |只看該作者

回覆 #7 KITTY.WONG 的文章

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

16#
發表於 08-7-5 10:44 |只看該作者
hi everyone,

I just arrived Sydney for one month with my hubby and my daughter, for me, I think Sydney is more suitable for retirement, everything here is sooooo expensive, also, the tax is extremely heavy compared to H.K.  I come here because my hubby was relocated by his company, he is an accountant and his job is very busy after relocated here.  Everyday he left house at 7:30 in the morning and arrived home at 8:30 - 9:30pm, so for me, I couldn't see any happy family life.  When I see his salary pay slip this month after tax, I feel soooo regret to come over here, the tax is toooo heavy!

For my daughter, before she came here, she was studied in one of the Catholic girls primary school in H.K., many people say it is too much pressure to study in H.K., but for my daughter, she was doing very well and have a happy school life, so I don't have much pressure for her study.  In my point of view, I prefer to let her to study in H.K. until F.3 as I want her to learn more Chinese.  She is studying Year 2 after we came back here, although she is enjoying her school life here, no pressure at all, 3 pages homework for the whole week, I have a conflict to know that she is always sitting on the floor to have lunch with her school mates, she told me everyone is doing like this, nothing special.  For me, I couldn't accept it up to this moment.  

For me, I am able to get used to live here in a very short period, but I really don't like to live here.  I miss all the things in H.K. very much, if I could choose again, I will choose to stay in H.K. and let my daughter came back to study by herself after finished F.3 in H.K.

Now, everything is settled down, nothing can be changed anymore, I did to accept it but not happy to live here!

Sorry to make the message too long, just want to express my feelings here!

The good thing I can see in Sydney is the "Fresh Air" and the big house only.  Nothing else!

[ 本文章最後由 vanessamom 於 08-7-5 10:48 編輯 ]

17#
發表於 08-7-9 20:25 |只看該作者
I agreed with you.  The tax is very high and the tax law is very different from Hong Kong (much more complicated).  If you and your family will stay here for long, you should consult a tax accountant to see what you can do in order to pay less tax.  

原文章由 vanessamom 於 08-7-5 10:44 發表
hi everyone,

I just arrived Sydney for one month with my hubby and my daughter, for me, I think Sydney is more suitable for retirement, everything here is sooooo expensive, also, the tax is extremely ...

18#
發表於 08-7-14 11:31 |只看該作者
Hi all,

I lived in Sydney for 10 years 15 years ago. I went to high school and uni there. At the time I graduated, the unemployment rate was 10%. It was very difficult to find a job. I was hired by a Hong Kong accountant firm through a friend. The salary was very poor and the owner of the business expected me to do everything, including the messenger's job. I turned down the offer and came back to Hong Kong. I never, not even for one minute, regret my decision.

Sydney is the busiest and most commercial city in Australia, but still, non native English speakers are very difficult to get/fit in. I see many Hong Kong immigrants getting more and more small minded, and more and more calculated because they are making so little money, and things are so expensive.It may be a good place to retire (if you're rich), but definitely not a place to develop a career. There are of course some exceptional cases, like samuellor. But as far as I can see, there aren't many "samuellors".

My sister and her family still live in Sydney. Her children were born there. They are doing quite well in terms of job hunt. But still, they face the same problem: low salary, high tax. Not that they want to move/work to HK, but even if they did, they couldn't read/write Chinese except their own names.

Wether it is worth the trouble to give up everything you have in HK and move to a strange place where opportunity is so limited is really 見仁見智.

19#
發表於 08-7-15 10:55 |只看該作者
That's why I keep asking myself why I am here, although my hubby's job is good, I still cannot accept the high tax rate.  Feel sooooo regret

原文章由 bbone 於 08-7-14 11:31 發表
Hi all,

I lived in Sydney for 10 years 15 years ago. I went to high school and uni there. At the time I graduated, the unemployment rate was 10%. It was very difficult to find a job. I was hired by a ...

20#
發表於 08-7-24 08:45 |只看該作者
How can I convert my driving licence to Australia driving licence? I read from RTA's web-site that you can exempt from licence tests if you hold a licence from "recognised countries". I got a UK licence and it is still valid. Anyone experience it before?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題