搜索
教育王國 討論區 教育講場 為什麼現在的小學不教grammer
發新帖
查看: 2437|回覆: 9
go

為什麼現在的小學不教grammer [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-5-30 13:09 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
女兒讀p.4,除課本外還有一本grammer作業,但那作業只是叫她們做,老師又唔教,好似昨天的功課Relative pronouns咁,即是who,whom,whose and that用法,我女兒又不懂.想問有冇家長的子女的學校有同樣問題
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-7-13 08:49 |只看該作者
yes, me too, same problem

3#
發表於 08-7-17 08:55 |只看該作者
原文章由 piggiejo 於 08-5-30 13:09 發表
女兒讀p.4,除課本外還有一本grammer作業,但那作業只是叫她們做,老師又唔教,好似昨天的功課Relative pronouns咁,即是who,whom,whose and that用法,我女兒又不懂.想問有冇家長的子女的學校有同樣問題 ...

其實現代的英語教學傾向以authentic communication. 你有沒有發覺書本KeyStructures通常以對話為主,因這樣是最合乎學習語言的次序,當掌握到一定的詞彙,才加些Grammar的內容﹐例如verbs-agrrement, tenses...
至於學校通常因為要趕課程(GE,Reader,TSA,Pre-S1...)而無法將所有教材都上堂講解,但又要有功課,又不能太多抄寫,那麼便給些可以用用腦的,而一般老師的做法通常會先做一至兩題例子,然後再著學生回家做。

正常的grammar exercises 都會有例子及說明,其實可著小朋友自行看一遍,若真的不會,其實你可找該位老師,並說明你並不太懂英文,希望老師能先做一至兩題例題,讓學生能自行完成。通常老師都OK,大家互相幫忙。

醒目開學勳章

4#
發表於 08-7-17 13:59 |只看該作者
我古要睇下你的小朋友讀邊類型學校
以我的補習小朋友為例
佢地讀直資/私的,會以英語對話為主,教Grammer為次,由於佢地咩tense都唔識..所以..d grammer.就...嗯..
但係我d讀其他小學既,佢地反而好著重 Grammer
當然~要睇下你用邊本書。
因為for Example Longmann呢本呢
都有最少3個version 有d係對話/普通大眾版,深的等等等等~~

每間小學都有唔同既
如果你想小朋友操Grammer,我有幫開小朋友買補充練習,可以俾d意見你睇下買咩野練習for小學,當然~要自己到書局買拉~~有興趣PM我再傾~~旨在交流下甘o者
一個
為夢想、理想
我要敢夢想飛。
他日,縱然要回復原狀
但至少也不枉過

<教養孩童 使他走當行的道 就是到老他也不偏離>

5#
發表於 08-7-24 17:39 |只看該作者

hello

Hi,

My daughter will study P.1 in St mary this september. Their english test book is longman 2AB. Luckily she was studied in international kindergarten so her oral is okay. H/e,
how can I enhance her grammar skill. As you can see St mary is teaching 1 grade earlier, i don't know what to do.

karismum

6#
發表於 08-7-25 22:07 |只看該作者
原文章由 SoNyPig 於 08-7-17 13:59 發表
我古要睇下你的小朋友讀邊類型學校
以我的補習小朋友為例
佢地讀直資/私的,會以英語對話為主,教Grammer為次,由於佢地咩tense都唔識..所以..d grammer.就...嗯..
但係我d讀其他小學既,佢地反而好著重 Grammer
當然~要睇下 ...

hi sonypig,

可以 pm 有關補充練習及出版社既名給我嗎? 謝謝!!!

7#
發表於 08-7-28 11:17 |只看該作者

why schools don't teach grammar?

The research in grammar started with the "prescriptive approach" in the 20s or 30s which tried to map the grammar of English to a framework based on Latin, but soon researchers found that it didn't work because Latin has split infinitives but not English.  Soon they began describing English grammar the way they see it and that is the beginning of "descriptive grammar".

So the traditional "grammar drill" approach in learning/teaching English ended somewhere around the 70s.  What follows is the "communicative approach" which goes along with "descriptive grammar" as English is based more on a spoken language rather than a written form, like Chinese.

That is when the ED curriculum department changed the entire approach to teaching/learning English in Hong Kong.  But what they forgot was English is not a first language in Hong Kong, but a second, if not a foreign language particularly nowadays.  Kids don't hear enough English to use the communicative approach, not to mention to be able to speak it in their daily life.

Because of the change in school curriculum, all publishers changed their strategy and publish books using the "new" approach.  That is when we begin to have a generation of children not being to learn English as good as their predecessors.

I wrote grammar books for a best-selling publisher over 10 years ago.  Even when I wrote it in the mid 90s, I found the syllabus given by the publisher too simple, but I couldn't go against the trend. My book still sells very well now.  But what can parents or a small writer do to go against the trend?

8#
發表於 08-9-2 15:04 |只看該作者
Dear all

My son (P5)'s final exam paper didn't include "forms of verb", "preposition" etc....

After reading your message, I have finially understand what's going on.  Thanks.

I have bought Cambridge Essential Grammer, I hope it can help rather than textbook (PLE).  What is your comments?

9#
發表於 08-9-2 18:30 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

10#
發表於 08-9-3 18:34 |只看該作者
原帖由 wisekid2007 於 08-9-2 18:30 發表
ED and local schools adopt a totally wrong approach in teaching English at the primary schools.

To learn good English at primary level, there is no need for the schools or teachers to teach English  ...

I can't agree more with wisekid2007.

The BEST way to improve your english is to read, write, speak and listen more. Period.

Grammar is nothing but a set of rules to a language and there are usually tons of exceptions. Read and listen more and you will pick up the right grammar and usage.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題