用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Any comments to HK preschool ? (Fotan & Kln. Tong) ...
查看: 4768|回覆: 42
go

Any comments to HK preschool ? (Fotan & Kln. Tong) & TutorTime [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 04-4-26 23:42 |只看該作者

Any comments to HK preschool ? (Fotan & Kln. Tong) & TutorTime

I've heard many good comments to this school. Their international class are using English & Mandarin. I'm very interested. You know, Mandarin is also very important. I'm thinking about this school and Tutortime. Is it a new school in Kowloon Tong?

2#
發表於 04-4-27 10:03 |只看該作者

Re: Any comments to HK preschool ? (Fotan & Kln. Tong) & TutorTime

Can you tell me the website for this school?  Thanks

3#
發表於 04-4-27 16:45 |只看該作者

heiB 寫道:
Can you tell me the website for this school?  Thanks

to: heiB

www.hkpreschool.rdu

4#
發表於 04-4-27 17:55 |只看該作者

HKPS has been in Ascot (Fotan) for about 10 years.  They had opened a new school in KLN since last Sept.  They provide both nusery, K1-K3.  They have international and local class. Both types of class have a native English teacher who will stay full time in class, the difference is in Int'l class the Chinese is taught in Mandarin while in the local class it is in Cantonese.

The school fee is

Nusery : $3080/local class, $3300/int'l class
K1-K3 : $2980/local and Int's class

My daughter is studying at HKPS Ascot K1.  That is why I know the details.  Hope information is useful.

5#
發表於 04-4-27 19:17 |只看該作者

Thank you

Thank you. Does your daughter study in international class? Does she like the school? Can she understand English?  Thank you for your feedback.

6#
發表於 04-4-27 19:54 |只看該作者

Re: Thank you

My daughter is studying at local class. Yes can understand and speak English. However HKPS is not the only contribution.  There are still other things to make her good in English. But definately HKPS provides a daily environment for her.

Yes, she loves school very much.  She becomes more talkative and active.  Everyday when she comes back home, she is extremely happy and excited.

7#
發表於 04-4-27 22:52 |只看該作者

SYMAMI3,

我都想幫囡囡報Nusery,想問下有冇全日班?有冇得參觀校舍?

8#
發表於 04-4-28 09:29 |只看該作者

I am not sure if they have whole day section.  Yes, you can call the school and arrange a visit. Both principals are very helpful to explain details for you.  I recommend you to talk wiht Mrs Wong who is the master principal of both schools.

FYI, Ascot campus is much smaller than KLN Tong which is an independent house.  Hardware is better in KLN Tong campus though Ascot is not too bad. Just comparative less attractive than KLN Tong.

Wish information is useful for you.

9#
發表於 04-4-28 18:13 |只看該作者

tam,

我囝囝九月多數都會返HK Preschool(Kln Tong), 以我所知, 佢地冇全日班, 只得上下午班. 我係另外一些標題見過有些媽咪話上午班好似已經滿額, 宜家只得下午班!

你可以打電話同佢地約個時間去參觀下, 但我問佢地時, 佢地就話冇得參觀上課情形, 因怕影響小朋友上堂. 我就冇一早去睇定, 只係同囝囝去interview時, 老師跟住會帶我地睇下! 我自己就好鐘意個度的環境, 咁晒光猛同乾淨, 入到去個人好似都會開朗些! 這亦是我其中一個揀佢地的原因!

10#
發表於 04-4-28 23:28 |只看該作者

Dear SYMAMI3 & Cyrusmun,
Thank you very much, your comments and information are very useful. I think I will choose HKPS instead of TutorTime.
If you don't mind, would you pls tell me where is the school in KLN tong. Is it near MTR station?
My son will be 2 years old on Aug. However, I'm living in Tsuen Wan. I'm afraid it is too harsh for him to take a school bus. I am thinking about is it good if I let him to join nursery in next year. Some people think that it is good to start school time in older age. The child will be more confident, independent and easy to pick up the things. However, I'm not sure the school would let a 3 years old boy to study in nuresy class. do you have any comments?
Thank you.

11#
發表於 04-4-29 01:56 |只看該作者

hangkeelong,
HKPS(Kln Tong)係九龍塘金巴倫道19號! 大約係九龍塘會後面那些後街! 唔近地鐵!

對我個人黎講, 我就唔多贊成比咁細小朋友自己坐校車返學了! 因每日都多左些危險機會, 雖然車上有人睇, 但一個人點會照顧到咁多人. 架車萬一brake得急些, 個小朋友都唔會扶得實啦!

至於到三歲至讀的話, 點解到時唔索性讀K1? 咁咪唔駛浪費時間囉!

12#
發表於 04-4-29 07:34 |只看該作者

Hangkeelong,

My daughter goes to nusery in about 2.5 years old. At that time she needed to travel between Shatin and Taipo.  She could manage. However I believe 2 years old is too little.  I would suggest you to enroll your son in the next Semester. So he can start at January, 2005. At that time he is nearly 2.5.

The only problem is you may not have a seat. But nusery normally has higher turnover, I guess you still have chance.

Or you have to skip nusery and let your son start at K1 next Sept.

Actually you have to consider your own situation, since my daughter is my only kid and I have to work, so I perfect her to go to school to have some social activties rather than stay with my maid at home.  My friend's daughter was born at July and start taking school bus on Sept. But she is perfectly okay. So you really have to look at your own situation, how mature is your boy, how much need you want to send him to school, etc and etc.

You can also talk with the school to see if they can give you some opinion.

13#
發表於 04-4-29 09:59 |只看該作者

SYMAMI3,

Would like to know more about your experience.  I live in Taipo and my girl will study in HKPS Ascot's nursery am class in the coming Sept.  I am a bit worried about the travelling between Taipo & Fotan.  My plan is to have her to take a train with my maid to school.  As you know, HKPS Ascot is not so near to the Fotan train station.  Can I know how did your girl go to school between Tai Po & Fotan?  Why did you choose this school?  Please share.

Best regards,
athenak

14#
發表於 04-4-29 10:56 |只看該作者

Dear athenak,

I know that in Fotan KCR there is a shettle bus to Ascot.  I guess it is free of charge.  You can call the school to see if they have the more details. If not, you can send me message. Perhaps I can check for you next Sat when I send my daughter to school.  Let me know if you need my help.

According your plan, your maid has to stay 3 hours in Fotan to wait for your daughter. That maybe another inconvience.

I am living in Shatin, so I have no problem.  My daughter had her nusery at Anchor before she goes to HKPS.  At that time she took school bus from Shatin to Taipo.

Every parent has different plan on their children.  My reasons to choice HKPS are :

1. I buy their concept of half Chinese and English as I still can switch between local and Int'l school. However in Anchor, I have to choose between Int'l or local.
2. Before I send my girl to this school, I purposely visited the school and interviewed the parents. The general comments are very good from them.
3. I heard from most of the parents that this school has high reputation in Shatin and have good record of admitting my famous primary school in Shatin. Like Pui Kei, LMC etc
4. In general the English ability of HKPS student is high.  Of course it is still not comparative with those pure Int's kinders.
5. The cost are more reasonable and affordable.

Recently, I was advised that this year, all the candidants to Shatin Junior are accepted.  It is very encouraging to me as I plan to send my daughter to Shatin Junior. ( I hope it is ture and happen to my daugther)

Some more information for you. Starting from K2, HKPS provides one extra hour English lesson per week. This is free of charge.

Do ask me if you need further information?  

15#
發表於 04-4-29 14:28 |只看該作者

SYMAMI3,

You are so kind.  Thank you very much for your information.  I will check with the school regarding shuttle bus from station to school.

My girl got accepted by Anchor but in pm class because I applied very late.  That's way I need to send my girl to HKPS Ascot.  One more question, how do you compare Anchor with HKPS?  Did your girl study in Int'l class when she was in Anchor?  I heard quite good comments on Anchor's Int'l class.
Sorry for asking so many questions but I do appreciate your input.

Best regards,
Athenak     

16#
發表於 04-4-29 15:12 |只看該作者

Dear SYMAM13 & Cyrusmun,
Thank you for your opnions. Today, I have contacted both HKPS. They said no more AM nursery seat A/V. No school bus travelling bewteen Tusen Wan and Shatin. Therefore I can only apply KLN HKPS. I have put my son into nursery waiting list. Hpe to have a good news.
STMAM13, Is it difficult to enter this school if my son not study in its nursery class before? Does the interview speak in English? As my child is my only son, He is very shy. He hate to talk with strangers. He Afraids of playing with other children. My English is not good. I have to go to work. Most of his time is watching T.V. and playing with his grandma. This is why I'm so eager to put him into nursery class. Is it O.K. to rent one more bus seat to my maid, so that he can go to school safely. Anyway, if HKPS is not a/v on this Sept., I shall let him to study in Funful which is very near my  home. But I'm quite worry about his English level and difficult to enter HKPS in next year. I'm so believed that one to six years old is the best time to learn language. I hope he can speak well in English. Do you agree that it is more easy to find a job if your English & Madarin is good. I find that good language level is better than good result in HKGEE.

17#
發表於 04-4-29 15:42 |只看該作者

Dear hangkeelong,

Their AM class is full quickly.  Of course priority is given to the nusrey class.

My daughter is interviewed in English. However they allowed me to stay togehter with her. I suggest you to go half hour earlier, let your boy play at there and get familiar with the new environment.  It will be easier for him. The interview is not difficult, don't worry too much.

Personally I do believe English is important. Language is the key to everything.  It gives one's confidence at work.

You mentioned your boy watch TV, why not ask your Ma to give him only the English channel?  There is Sesame Street daily at Pearl. My daughter likes it very much.

Dear athenak,

I didn't stay at Anchor since :

1. Anchor has only int'l or local class.  However I want to have both.  So if my daughter is not accepted by Int'l school or I change my mind, I still have another choice.  I want my girl to be good at both Chinese and English. In case I have to apply for private school, they test Chinese.

2. I am living in Shatin, HKPS has much more reference in Shatin than Anchor.  Anchor is too new I am not sure how good is the past record in primary school.

My daugther studied at Int'l class at Anchor. Anchor is a good school. Especially the colorful and new campus.  We still miss it.  However because of very practical reasons I decided to leave. Actually I don't know HKPS before Anchor, I know HKPS in accident. Thanks God as it perfectly suit my need.

18#
發表於 04-4-29 23:59 |只看該作者

Why can't I get any info on HKPS (Kowloon Tong) from the internet?  The website www.hkpreschool.edu.hk is only about the Fo Tan school.  Can someone tell me more about the Kln Tong School?  Is it new?  Is it good?  Do they have 2 year-old nursery class?  Thanks.

19#
發表於 04-4-30 09:20 |只看該作者

Dear SYMAM13,
Your'e so kind. Thank you for your oponions. My mother-in-law doesn't like to watch Pearl. I've told her thousands of time don't let my son to watch T.V. while have lunch. She ignored me. These make our relationship getting worse and worse. Anyway, thank you very much.
I'm thinking about PM session now. Do you think it is not good for a baby? I'm afraid it is not good for his health if no sleeping time in the afternoon.
I wish your kid may go to Shatin Jonior.

Dear La La,
I can't find the web site too. Maybe it is too new. I called 1083 to find the phone no.. The staff is helpful and will answer your question. No more vancany left in AM session. But you can apply into waiting list.

20#
發表於 04-4-30 10:10 |只看該作者

Dear Hangkeelong,

Please check PM. I have sent you one.

I think normally it is not recommended to attend PM class for small kid.  I am afraid if they feel tired they will sleep in the school bus that is dangerous. But I have no real experience on it.

Maybe you should get a seat at PM and wait for AM. So if they have AM class, you get the priority.  I believe you may not need to wait for long as the turnover for nursery is normally high.
Please
‹ 上一主題|下一主題