go

Cambridge Starters 一問 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-5-9 08:20 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
請問一般要上幾多小時的課堂才準備應考?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-5-9 09:42 |只看該作者
It depends. some of them just only study at home; some of them go to the learning centre. The requirement of starters exam is you need to know all the words in the vocabulary list (you can find it in the British council website), then, you can apply for the exam.

My son joined a 1 year course for the starters program and had just taken the exam in Mar. Of course, you can apply for the exam and quit the course at anytime. but.... if you think this is an English Grammar/vocabulary course, I think it is worth to spend a whole year for studying.

It is really depends on you.  Hope it helps.

原文章由 HuiTung 於 08-5-9 08:20 發表
請問一般要上幾多小時的課堂才準備應考?

3#
發表於 08-5-9 10:56 |只看該作者
My son didn't take any course outside, instead, he just did a 1 week training in school, and got all shields. Starters level is easy (if you kid is studying in Eng school) or you can buy some exercises in store and do it yourself.

原文章由 HuiTung 於 08-5-9 08:20 發表
請問一般要上幾多小時的課堂才準備應考?

4#
發表於 08-5-9 11:41 |只看該作者
MountainView,

That's quick.  which school is he studying now?

原文章由 MountainView 於 08-5-9 10:56 發表
My son didn't take any course outside, instead, he just did a 1 week training in school, and got all shields. Starters level is easy (if you kid is studying in Eng school) or you can buy some exercise ...

5#
發表於 08-5-9 14:22 |只看該作者

回覆 #3 MountainView 的文章

可以給我書名嗎 ??

6#
發表於 08-5-9 16:19 |只看該作者
We left that school already. However, the teachers only gave some old papers to them, they did it and did some speaking training. That's all. So, I believe doing some ex yourself should be ok for Starters level.

原文章由 gordon 於 08-5-9 11:41 發表
MountainView,

That's quick.  which school is he studying now?

7#
發表於 08-5-9 16:25 |只看該作者
My son finished Movers when he finished P2. Now, I bought "Mock Exam Papers for Cambridge Young Learners English (Flyers Level)" by Manley Study Centre, little bit trouble in doing some writing and speaking sessions.

However, I am still thinking if he should continue to take Flyers. His brother is P6 this year, when he applied schools, these exams don't seem much help in applying, your own school academic results are A LOT MORE important. So, may worth to spend the resources and money in improving his English skills for schools and speaking (for interview later). Just my thoughts.

原文章由 karechung 於 08-5-9 14:22 發表
可以給我書名嗎 ??

8#
發表於 08-5-10 06:58 |只看該作者
原文章由 MountainView 於 08-5-9 16:25 發表
My son finished Movers when he finished P2. Now, I bought "Mock Exam Papers for Cambridge Young Learners English (Flyers Level)" by Manley Study Centre, little bit trouble in doing some writing and sp ...

gordon,

Thank you for your kind reply.

MountainView,

It's true, esp for Starters after talking with a staff in a learning centre (it is a CYLE exam centre).  It is a waste of money unless you want it for applying or knocking the door for P.1.  The papers are easy.  That centre even offers a fast course (7 lessons) for those who have some sort of English foundation but need to improve their exam skills.  He suggested that taking Flyers is good enough already.  Anyway, I'll get some papers as an extra English pracitce and think about Movers later.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題