用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 What if after IB(Havard report)
發新帖
查看: 1709|回覆: 3
go

What if after IB(Havard report) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-4-30 20:15 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Dear parent,

Please take a look on the following link especially for p11 onwards.

http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~secfas/General_Education_Final_Report.pdf

To me, my feeling is it is more than IB and this will the guide for all US graduates to follow. Although it only for undergraduate but it will surely influence the sec. and pri. section of US education ladder. In comparsion, HK still talking about a tiny portion of IB mode and parents are still talking about no pain no gain, what a horrible picture and we are waiting for those youngster to support our society tens of year later.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-4-30 20:28 |只看該作者
Arent we a little bit obssesive about what cirriculum they are in?

3#
發表於 08-4-30 20:49 |只看該作者

回覆 #2 Mighty 的文章

It is a fact their training (education) system leads the world over the past hundred years and up till now, we can't prove their way is wrong and even most of the official in UK, US and HK buy the idea (but not enough resource to implement it all). As a parent, if capable, why should we still trust those traditional mode of teaching.

4#
發表於 08-5-1 10:52 |只看該作者
father ho,

Thanks for the link,
Although I am kind of Anti-US(don't like their attitude towards foreign countries & their people; and the president is such a hypocrit),  I still think that the Harvard education described here is exactly the type I want.   
If I am hiring a fresh u-grad as my subordinate, I will definitely choose an overseas graduate over  HK graduates (assume they achieve the average marks & the overseas U is not un-heard of)  The training in overseas universities is just more comprehensive and more life related.  Of course, the top students in HK universities are still very good, becasue they are very smart persons.  I don't think HK education system can train average students into excellent graduates.

below is the extract from the introduction of the above link:

[ A Harvard education is a liberal education—that is, an education conducted in a spirit of free inquiry undertaken without concern for topical relevance or vocational utility.
This kind of learning is not only one of the enrichments of existence; it is one of the achievements of civilization. It heightens students’ awareness of the human and natural worlds they inhabit. It makes them more reflective about their beliefs and choices, more self-conscious and critical of their presuppositions and motivations, more creative in their problem-solving,more perceptive of the world around them, and more able to inform themselves about the issues that arise in their lives, personally, professionally, and socially. College is an opportunity to learn and reflect in an environment free from most of the constraints on time and energy that operate in the rest of life. ]

p.s.  I am not trying to step on anybody's toes, or start an argument,  just to express my point of view.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題