搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Christian Alliance PC Lau Memorial Int'l School
發新帖
查看: 4560|回覆: 17
go

Christian Alliance PC Lau Memorial Int'l School [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-4-2 14:10 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
This school near Kowloon City, closed to my home.

Any Opinion about this school? Please advise, many
thanks.

http://www.cais.edu.hk
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-5-5 18:18 |只看該作者
very good school, but very full now

3#
發表於 08-5-6 09:03 |只看該作者
原文章由 crystallam5 於 08-5-5 18:18 發表
very good school, but very full now

Although CAIS doesnt have much facilities and quite small compared to other IS school, the school environment is very comfortable.  The teachers and staffs are all very friendly and polite.

My son has been studying in CAIS since K3 to Grade 5, then we left Hong Kong, but he will re-join CAIS this Sept for Grade 8.
「盡人事,聽天命」
好好珍惜所走的每一步
好好珍惜所遇到的每一個人
好好珍惜所擁有的一切

4#
發表於 08-5-6 15:20 |只看該作者
原文章由 luibee76 於 08-4-2 14:10 發表
This school near Kowloon City, closed to my home.

Any Opinion about this school? Please advise, many
thanks.

http://www.cais.edu.hk

I think this is a pretty good school.  Teachers are christians and are hired from overseas and speak native english.
My friend teaches there and she told me that the school fee is comparatively the cheaper amongst other IS.

[ 本文章最後由 emiapril 於 08-5-6 15:43 編輯 ]

5#
發表於 08-5-7 21:34 |只看該作者
Can the pupils communicate in English?

6#
發表於 08-5-7 23:16 |只看該作者
All students are required to speak English at school, Cantonese is strictly not allowed.

原文章由 elizatyy 於 08-5-7 21:34 發表

7#
發表於 08-5-8 13:36 |只看該作者
This is a very good school. Teachers are nice and friendly. My son has been studying in this school since K3.Eventhough the school fees will be increased in this coming Sep, it is worthy. My son likes to go to school everyday eventhough he was sick.

8#
發表於 08-5-8 21:50 |只看該作者
My friend's daughter went to this school for a few years.  The girl just moved back to Canada.  She had been chosen in Canada to enrol in some gifted classes.  My friend is so happy.  I remember when they first came to HK (from Canada) four years ago, that girl was really shy and didn't like going to school while in Canada.  This  school has changed her a lot in a  few years.

9#
發表於 08-5-8 22:34 |只看該作者
teacher vs student ratio?

10#
發表於 08-5-9 00:33 |只看該作者
1:20 for K3
原文章由 elizatyy 於 08-5-8 22:34 發表
teacher vs student ratio?

11#
發表於 08-5-15 21:50 |只看該作者
May I know the standard of Chinese in CAIS?
If extra Chinese lesson is needed after school, any recommendation of classes around the school location?
Thank you very much

12#
發表於 08-5-16 09:19 |只看該作者
原文章由 Anise 於 08-5-15 21:50 發表
May I know the standard of Chinese in CAIS?
If extra Chinese lesson is needed after school, any recommendation of classes around the school location?
Thank you very much

If you compared the Chinese standard with the local school, there must be a difference.
「盡人事,聽天命」
好好珍惜所走的每一步
好好珍惜所遇到的每一個人
好好珍惜所擁有的一切

13#
發表於 08-5-16 12:55 |只看該作者

CAIS

原文章由 elizatyy 於 08-5-7 21:34 發表

CAIS is registered in Canada and uses the Alberta curriculum.  All the teachers are qualified and and certified in Canada, that is different from "qualified" teachers in hong kong. I know that a lot of native english teachers that are qualified are not qualifed to teach in canada.  so that is a very high standard.  very devoted teaches, not the most inexpensive (cheapest) i have to say.  the most inexpensive would be ESF schools as far as I know. a very good school, almost impossible to get in for higher grades.  easy to get in in lower grades, my friends kids from esf are on wait list and some from other IS too.  BBefore this was not a very popular school.  If you ask me, I never thougth I wuold send my child to that school, but I did aftr visiting the school.  

good luck.  It is so diffiult to look for and make decision on a school.

14#
發表於 08-5-16 14:18 |只看該作者
Crystallam5,

You mean your friends' kids are the student of ESF and are on the waiting list at CAIS, right?
The academic of CAIS is higher than ESF.

15#
發表於 08-5-16 15:24 |只看該作者
questioning,

Thank you very much, what I concern is how much the student can speak, read and write in CAIS, and is it necessary to get more extra chinese lesson after school.

原文章由 questioning 於 08-5-16 09:19 發表

If you compared the Chinese standard with the local school, there must be a difference.

16#
發表於 08-5-16 17:37 |只看該作者
原文章由 Anise 於 08-5-16 15:24 發表
questioning,

Thank you very much, what I concern is how much the student can speak, read and write in CAIS, and is it necessary to get more extra chinese lesson after school.

If my memory doesnt fail me, CAIS have Mandarin class on alternate day, I dont know whether they have changed during these 2 years.

I did hire a Native Mandarin teacher for my son, as it is quite difficult for him to learn accurate mandarin from us.

They can read, write and speak, but not the the real standard, i.e. my son studied G. 5, he only studied G.2 Mandarin.
「盡人事,聽天命」
好好珍惜所走的每一步
好好珍惜所遇到的每一個人
好好珍惜所擁有的一切

17#
發表於 08-5-17 21:22 |只看該作者
原文章由 Anise 於 08-5-16 15:24 發表
questioning,

i don't know, cnanot compare. one is canadian, one is IB, but i know that my one of my friend's two kids were trying to get in, the younger one from beacon hill in primary got accepted and the other in kgv waitng for high school. another one, both from sjs, primary, both on wait list. my other friend's from jis on wait list for grade4. but right now seats are tight. before when i put my child in this school it was not so tight. i think the higher the grade the more difficult.  i know someone on wait list from canadian international too

18#
發表於 08-5-17 21:26 |只看該作者
原文章由 Valerie媽媽 於 08-5-16 14:18 發表
Crystallam5,

You mean your friends' kids are the student of ESF and are on the waiting list at CAIS, right?
The academic of CAIS is higher than ESF.

sorry, reply to the wrong person

now here again

don't know, cannot compare. one is canadian, one is IB, but i know that my one of my friend's two kids were trying to get in, the younger one from beacon hill in primary got accepted and the other in kgv waitng for high school. another one, both from sjs, primary, both on wait list. my other friend's from jis on wait list for grade4. but right now seats are tight. before when i put my child in this school it was not so tight. i think the higher the grade the more difficult.  i know someone on wait list from canadian international too
‹ 上一主題|下一主題