用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 請問有冇人知道居英權的人去英國讀大學有冇限制? ...
發新帖
查看: 3262|回覆: 15
go

請問有冇人知道居英權的人去英國讀大學有冇限制? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-3-31 17:05 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
請問有冇人知道居英權的人去英國讀大學有冇限制? 可不可以用local 人的價錢讀? 又是否要早點過去?

Meddlesome
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-4-2 04:23 |只看該作者
原文章由 meddlesome 於 08-3-31 17:05 發表

Meddlesome

IT REALLY DEPENDS ON THE UNI AND DO FIND A UK ADDRESS WHEN U APPLY FOR UNI. (MAKE THINGS A LOT EASIER) DO NOT MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR HK ADDRESS. (ACT AS U LIVED THERE) AND TRY TO HAVE SOME UTILITIES BILLS WITH YOUR NAMES ON IT E.G BANK STATEMENT.  GOOD LUCK

3#
發表於 08-4-3 09:35 |只看該作者
How about studying in public high school ?  Is it free of charge for those holding 居英權 eventhough they've never live in UK ?  Do you need any tax statement to prove your residency ?  thanks.

原文章由 lisamcbee 於 08-4-2 04:23 發表

IT REALLY DEPENDS ON THE UNI AND DO FIND A UK ADDRESS WHEN U APPLY FOR UNI. (MAKE THINGS A LOT EASIER) DO NOT MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR HK ADDRESS. (ACT AS U LIVED THERE) AND TRY TO HAVE SOME UTIL ...

4#
發表於 08-4-4 04:17 |只看該作者
原文章由 鳳梨 於 08-4-3 09:35 發表
How about studying in public high school ?  Is it free of charge for those holding 居英權 eventhough they've never live in UK ?  Do you need any tax statement to prove your residency ?  thanks.

i think so (sorry i went to a private school, but from my understanding , you will need to provide your prove of address (cos state school only provide day-school)  your kids will need to find a place to stay and they will want to know if they are living with the parents or guardian . i think the best way to find out is to contact the school u want your kids to goto and check out the admission criterial and see if they need u to provide ni(national insurance number) ni is for tax purpose = anyone work in uk will have a ni number

5#
發表於 08-4-4 11:09 |只看該作者
Thanks for your reply.

原文章由 lisamcbee 於 08-4-4 04:17 發表

i think so (sorry i went to a private school, but from my understanding , you will need to provide your prove of address (cos state school only provide day-school)  your kids will need to find a pla ...

6#
發表於 08-4-9 15:30 |只看該作者
Hi,

I've spoken to my friends and read thru some websites about 居英權 case.

If they choose to study with the govt school, as far as the school has offered you a place, you can study there till F.7 without charges.

But for universities, it depends on different universities. Those U have keen competition, they will put straight control on the status of their "home student". But for those non-famous U, they might just look at your passport and you can provide a local residential address will do.
That is what I just found out.

For security, I might plan to go to UK myself 3 years before my son will get into the University. So I guess my boy should leave Hong Kong and stary studying their F4. (Because F.4-5 is a preparing for their GCSE).

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Meddlesome

7#
發表於 08-4-9 15:34 |只看該作者
Hi lisamcbee,

I thought you should be graduated from UK before.
Could you please help to inform me which is the top famous high school (govt school) in London or Manchester?

I want to know the band 1 school (not private nor independent school). It will be preferable if they offered boarding service for student.

Can anybody help?

Meddlesome

8#
發表於 08-4-10 01:26 |只看該作者
原文章由 meddlesome 於 08-4-9 15:34 發表
Hi lisamcbee,

I thought you should be graduated from UK before.
Could you please help to inform me which is the top famous high school (govt school) in London or Manchester?

I want to know the band ...

Hi Meddlesome ,yes i was in uk for 17 yrs.  i am so sorry i have no idea this time but you can check out the Times newspaper about the ranking of uk schools.  they publish the table once every year.  but  if you have more question , do drop me a line anytime.  I will try my best!!

9#
發表於 08-4-10 01:51 |只看該作者
原文章由 meddlesome 於 08-4-9 15:30 發表
Hi,

If they choose to study with the govt school, as far as the school has offered you a place, you can study there till F.7  ...

i can tell u the part about uni is so true!!

10#
發表於 08-4-10 01:59 |只看該作者
原文章由 meddlesome 於 08-4-9 15:30 發表
Hi,

If they choose to study with the govt school, as far as the school has offered you a place, you can study there till F.7  ...

i just wanted to say a lot of uni is 'famous' in uk and people in hk have no idea (cos there are over 100 uni in uk) don't be fool by the name of it.  and trust me if your children are willing to learn.  they will be fine!! (of course some of them can be really bad!!)

11#
發表於 08-4-10 02:05 |只看該作者
原文章由 lisamcbee 於 08-4-10 01:59 發表

i just wanted to say a lot of uni is 'famous' in uk and people in hk have no idea (cos there are over 100 uni in uk) don't be fool by the name of it.  and trust me if your children are willing to le ...

i mean the school and uni can be really bad.  but if u intend to send your kids to uk now.  they will know which uni are good by then.

12#
發表於 08-4-10 17:55 |只看該作者
Hi lisamcbee,

Thanks for your response.
You are so helpful!
I must ask you questions again if you don't mind it.

Meddlesome

13#
發表於 08-4-10 21:44 |只看該作者
原文章由 meddlesome 於 08-4-10 17:55 發表
Hi lisamcbee,

Thanks for your response.
You are so helpful!
I must ask you questions again if you don't mind it.

Meddlesome

U ARE WELCOME!

14#
發表於 08-7-15 18:36 |只看該作者
原文章由 meddlesome 於 08-3-31 17:05 發表

Meddlesome

Yes, you can pay Home Fee for the U, but you need to be in UK 3 years prior the U enrollment, and the 3 years are seen as 'settle' by them. There is definition of 'settle', you need to check it out carefully.

15#
發表於 08-7-15 18:51 |只看該作者
yeah, i heard that u need to settle for 3 yrs in UK... for sure

版主 醒目開學勳章

16#
發表於 08-7-21 16:45 |只看該作者
what i feel is that whether the family wishes to migrate to the uk is the initial point!

3 years living in the uk, especially in london, if one really need to do so, needs a hell lot of money,  they have a belief some uni. consider foreign applicants first when comparing the examination results , cos foreign pupils need to pay a lot more school fees.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題