教育王國 討論區 小一選校 保良局陳守仁小學 - Open Day
查看: 6965|回覆: 31
go

保良局陳守仁小學 - Open Day

發表於 08-3-6 17:53 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 08-3-6 21:21 |顯示全部帖子

4 languages

I heard that students have to learn speaking in4 languages.  Will it be too tough for local students?  Please advise.

發表於 08-3-6 23:27 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 08-3-7 10:50 |顯示全部帖子

gifted in using language

原文章由 Heidi媽 於 08-3-6 23:27 發表
For local students, they need to learn Chinese, PTH,
English and French/Japanese (either one).  My son studys P.1 and he likes to learn one more language.  

Are you son gifted in using language?  For a ordinary child, it seems not easy to learn so many languages at one time.  Any advice about choosing this school?  I find the introduction of school very convincing.

發表於 08-3-7 11:20 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 08-3-7 16:44 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 #5 Heidi媽 的文章

Hi Heidi媽,

My son is studying K1 now. I hope to choose this school for my son. However, do I really need to let my son learn many things (music, English, PTH, drawing, etc) in order to get a place there. Right now, my son is still enjoying his 'child life'.

I like this school also becos of it's multicultural features. I studied in Singapore therefore I hope my son can learn more languages not just Cantonese. But the children life here is difficult. Kids here need to learn many things when they are very young. It's tough for both the children & parents.

發表於 08-3-7 17:09 |顯示全部帖子
Heidi:

我也想去看看此校 open day. 請問10:00-5:00入去 便o.k.嗎?是否可自行入內看 ??

發表於 08-3-8 08:15 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 08-3-8 08:17 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 08-3-9 23:59 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 #8 Heidi媽 的文章

Hi Heidi媽,

I would happy if my son can study there. However, I noticed that parents in HK will send their children to join many activities when they are still very young. So, does it mean that those pupils who apply this type of English school need to have both good result & good performance in many other activities?

發表於 08-3-13 20:17 |顯示全部帖子
Just learn from the school website that the open day has been postponed until further notice.

發表於 08-3-14 12:56 |顯示全部帖子
postpone to May 1, 10:00-5:00pm

發表於 08-3-16 23:31 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 #10 Sim 的文章

My two girls are studying there, p3 and p6 and they are very happy. My elder girl is accepted by DGS and on waiting list of SPCC.

I must say TSL is excellent school and I am going to send my son there too.

They conbine both learning and playing and have less homework than other traditional schools.

The kids from there are both smart and confident and they speak very very good English and Mandarin. I am very happy with it, but it is quite difficult to get in though.

Your kids must be conversant in English and must be brave in interview, should answer every question that the teachers asks

發表於 08-3-18 08:05 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 HKdevil 於 08-3-16 23:31 發表
My two girls are studying there, p3 and p6 and they are very happy. My elder girl is accepted by DGS and on waiting list of SPCC.

I must say TSL is excellent school and I am going to send my son ther ...

Hello

My girl is studying in k1 now ( a billigual school in kowloon tong), she speak fluent English / cantonese and mandarin.   Her english is better than her chinese both spoken and written.   I don't want to put her into international school but an english primary.  I am interested in TSL.

I heard many good things about TSL, and not as good things as well. some says the graduates cannot go to good english school. they are only good at english not others. These comments are negative.

I am so happy for you that your girl is very smart and got in DGS and waiting result for spcc.   Please share with me how do you think about the disciplines of students in TSL and does your girl comes 1st in her p6 grade and have attained some awards of activities.   

thanks in advance for your sharing.
Ewong

發表於 08-3-18 23:30 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 #14 Ewongmum 的文章

My youngest son is also in k1 too, and I am sending him to TSL definitely.

My elder girl came in about 10 in class and 30 in year, she is not exactly very good academically but she is very very good at leadership skills and music.

She was invited by DGS to apply for its Form one.

TSL i think is good because it balance English and chinese and kids are happier and more confident there.

Discipline is good too, do not see many naughty kids there.

They teach chinese in mandarin so my daughter is good at mandarin as well.

發表於 08-3-19 08:37 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 HKdevil 於 08-3-18 23:30 發表

My elder girl came in about 10 in class and 30 in year, she is not exactly very good academically but she is very very good  ...

Has she got some awards in music ?
Ewong

發表於 08-3-19 08:39 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 HKdevil 於 08-3-16 23:31 發表

I must say TSL is excellent school and I am going to send my son ther ...

Thanks for your sharing.   it sounds pretty good.
Ewong

發表於 08-3-19 17:20 |顯示全部帖子
May I know when is the open day
for TSL, is it 15 Mar or in May?

發表於 08-3-20 09:07 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 HKdevil 於 08-3-18 23:30 發表

My elder girl came in about 10 in class and 30 in year, she is not exactly very good academically but she is very very good  ...

DEAR  MADAM

May I have one more question ?  Can all the top 1-10 students get in good english secondary school ?  I am very interested in this school and thinking to give my girl to study there. She got in CKY , TSL and Kowloon Tong school.  And I want to understand more about the school
Ewong

發表於 08-3-20 10:34 |顯示全部帖子