搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 去完維多利亞面試啦
樓主: tanoshi127
go

去完維多利亞面試啦 [複製鏈接]

101#
發表於 08-3-10 13:52 |只看該作者
misskwokwok & Aubaby,
I just called YC this morning and quote my application no. also told them my frens (you!) submitted around the same time and had gotten an offer. :;pppp:
They told me since my daughter is very young (0612), she will not be able to join their 2yr program which starts Aug this year. What they will do is see whether there are still vacancies after Aug for my daughter will jump in Jan09. I also told her I have no preference for AM or PM class.
Is this normal?

102#
發表於 08-3-10 16:38 |只看該作者
hello misskwokwok,

I also indicated my preference during the interview. I just called YC this morning and was told that my boy is in the 1xth position of waiting list.  We need to wait to see if there is any vacancy after May.  Some people may give up their places at that time.

My boy will attend 5-day class.   I am not sure if they will combine 5-day class with 3-day class.  If so, my boy and your girl may be in the same class.

I don't know any people studying at Victoria.  Frankly speaking, we didn't plan to let my baby study at Victoria at first as it is too far away for us.  We went for the interview just because we wanted to know more about other kindergartens.  But as they said they will have a new campus at Harbour Green, we change our mind.  If they can give us a morning class offer, we may consider it.

I think both YC and Victoria are good schools.  Otherwise, they won't attract so many people to apply for their schools.  But for me, I think YC will provide a happier environment for kids to learn and develop as they won't put much pressure on them.  By talking to their principle one by one during the interview, I think the school emphasis a lot on mutual communication between school and parents.  Besides, the principal is also of the view that the child should learn without pressure which I agree most.

However, I can't see this point from Victoria.  It is no doubt that Victoria has its own way to teach the child. But they didn't give any chance for the parents, at least me, to know more about the school.  But honestly speaking, if we want to let the kids to enter some good primary schools, Victoria may be more suitable.

原文章由 misskwokwok 於 08-3-10 13:37 發表
hi Aubaby,
Well, I have called YC up after I got the offer, first to confirm if I am in the list of waiting morning class, second to know my position.  That is what they told me, is around 4th or 5th  ...

103#
發表於 08-3-10 18:09 |只看該作者
原文章由 beetoy 於 08-3-10 13:52 發表
misskwokwok & Aubaby,
I just called YC this morning and quote my application no. also told them my frens (you!) submitted around the same time and had gotten an offer. :;pppp:
They told me since my d ...

my nephew was born in Nov 2005, he got an offer before the school began in Aug 2007, but he was "allowed" to start the school when he reached two in Nov 2007.

104#
發表於 08-3-10 18:15 |只看該作者
原文章由 Aubaby 於 08-3-10 16:38 發表
hello misskwokwok,

I also indicated my preference during the interview. I just called YC this morning and was told that my boy is in the 1xth position of waiting list.  We need to wait to see if ther ...

Hi aubaby,

If Victoria Harbour Green offers you a place for am class, will you let your kid go to YC or Victoria? I was offered a place for pm class at YC and am waiting for the result of Victoria (HMT). My nephew is now studying at YC and my sister's comment on YC is really good. By the way, when was your kid born? Mine was in June 2006.

105#
發表於 08-3-11 00:21 |只看該作者
Mine is 0610 baby.  If Victoria Harbour Green really offers me a place for am class (though we have very little chance to have it), we need to think about it.  One of our concerns is whether it has outdoor playground. The other one isthe quality of the teachers.  I am afraid that they employ less experienced teachers at the new campus.  We have tofigure these points out before we can make our decision.

In fact, we are also on the waiting list of am class at YC.  If we can have the place for the morning class at YC, we won't change.

You know what YC impressed me most?  When we went to the interview at YC, we waited at the outdoor playground.  At that time, one class was having activity there. I could see that all the kids enjoyed the class very much.  Some of them even approached us and talked to us cheerfully.  My boy eventually went into the class and played with them.  I hope my kid can grow up just like these cheeful kids.  

原文章由 chachalai 於 08-3-10 18:15 發表

Hi aubaby,

If Victoria Harbour Green offers you a place for am class, will you let your kid go to YC or Victoria? I was offered a place for pm class at YC and am waiting for the result of Victoria ...

[ 本文章最後由 Aubaby 於 08-3-11 00:23 編輯 ]

106#
發表於 08-3-11 10:26 |只看該作者
原文章由 Aubaby 於 08-3-11 00:21 發表
Mine is 0610 baby.  If Victoria Harbour Green really offers me a place for am class (though we have very little chance to have it), we need to think about it.  One of our concerns is whether it has ou ...

i've the same concern about the quality of the teachers... afterall, it will be a new campus with no track record...

i applied YC when my kid was 6-month-old, and was allowed to choose am or pm class when being interviewed by Ms Kam. I finally chose pm class because my kid is now attending afternoon playgroup. To us, we don't want to rush to school early in the morning (My nephew is attending YC am class and he lives in HMT. He needs to wake up at about 7am and takes the school bus). And it is warmer when they play outdoor at school in the afternoon, esp. in winter (my mother-in-law always worries that my kid gets cold/sick...).  

Yes, YC students are generally cheerful and outspoken. My nephew speaks a lot after going to YC.

107#
發表於 08-3-11 10:26 |只看該作者
Agree, 我也是受害人之一。
原文章由 小仙女Mummy 於 08-3-7 23:14 發表
我地IN 海峰園果間,無OPEN QUESTION!!!佢地第一個問題:你地對學校既EXPECTION?每個家長不都希望仔囡開心讀書,快樂成長嗎????!!!!!但家長順著V既思路,講D吹噓學校既野....
第二個問題:屋企點同BB教三文兩語?難道唔識英 ...

108#
發表於 08-3-11 10:56 |只看該作者

回覆 #47 monyuen801901 的文章

May I know what is the playgroup form? No one asked me to fill in the form
during the interview......oh, just afraid that I missed something. My child
will be 1 yr 8 m in August. In my understanding, the school has the license
to accept 1 yr 8 m children. I saw the registration cert from Social Dept
hang on the wall. I did confirm this before submitting the application form.
BTW, may I have a little different opinion about the parents interview? From
my friends' mouth (their children are studying in Victoria), I heard quite a
lot about Victoria's education, philosopy and how they are taking good care
of children. So I was well prepared for the parents interview. In my group,
I gained quite helpful information. Thru asking parents, the head teacher
explained to us about Victoria's curriculum, and how they will co-operate
with the parents to educate the children. To me, the interview was quite
impressive. The interviewers showed their sincere devotion to education. It
increased my confidence in putting my child to this school, well..... hope
my child can be accepted.

109#
發表於 08-3-11 14:28 |只看該作者
chachalai and all YC fans,

seems that I am really really far down in the wait-list! I only submitted application late last year/Jan this year. I hope they really have space open up when school starts in Aug, for my girl to start in Jan09.

the only thing I concern is that, YC school fee is so much more expensive than the other schools! it'd better be an outstanding school!

110#
發表於 08-3-11 14:30 |只看該作者
hi Aubaby,

really nice to share with u, yap, that's why I choose YC.  But also the reason I try V, and yes if YC could offer me an am class I will stay without any considering. but if V has an am class for me, I think we need some time...
hope seeing u in YC.

原文章由 Aubaby 於 08-3-10 16:38 發表
hello misskwokwok,

I also indicated my preference during the interview. I just called YC this morning and was told that my boy is in the 1xth position of waiting list.  We need to wait to see if ther ...

111#
發表於 08-3-11 15:12 |只看該作者
很心急,
快到十五號了,仍未收到V記通知信,
要是有家長收到的話請報告吓好嗎?

112#
發表於 08-3-11 17:13 |只看該作者
原來呢個V記面試,大家真係有唔同嘅感受,事關我嗰日都有帶個B去Interview,之後就梗係同大家一樣去做家長面試啦!可能唔同分校有唔同體驗掛,其實我又覺得唔係咁差啫!副校長仲同d家長有傾有講,仲解釋每個年齡都有唔同嘅學習重點,只係提醒家長因為時間有限,如果有特別問題,可以另約時間再傾,不過當中就有D小插曲,話說有個男家長一輪咀用英文講吓自己對個仔既期望,仲話最緊要個仔鍾意做咩就做咩,老師都唔應該阻止佢,等佢自由發展咁話,呢個家長嗰D咀臉同言論就真係難頂,所以有呢part時間對學校係會有幫助嘅,起碼都知道一D家長嘅理念先啦!

113#
發表於 08-3-13 08:27 |只看該作者
I went on last Tuesday, CWB
The principle said the school is very concern about mother language and told the parent not to have too expertation about learning English and Puntogra, however, all the intervew is in English!!!
The parents either dressed up as go to ballroom( mothers used LV, Gucci bag, father not wear tie, but scaft!)
THe principle seem to be accept the application of those" rich guys".
‹ 上一主題|下一主題