用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 教育講場 有無家長可分享LM和Infinity Children兩間的兒童課程. ...
樓主: isak
go

有無家長可分享LM和Infinity Children兩間的兒童課程. [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 09-3-17 22:56 |只看該作者
原帖由 elmostoney 於 09-3-15 17:02 發表
if you attend the 60-hour directress workshop, ICW does have a detailed presentation of how to use all the Montessori tools, including on which side of the child the parent/teacher should sit, the pro ...

MaY I know which montessori school would you choose for your child?

42#
發表於 09-4-2 10:27 |只看該作者
I have visited Tin Hau's ICMS, Aberdeen's IMS, CDB in the Western District, etc.  My daughter will go for an interview at IMS this month for enrollment in Sept (if she is accepted).

If you can afford the time, I like BC the best.  They require that each child attends their centre 3 days in a row for best results.  For toddler group, it is 2 hours and 3 hours for Casa.  BC has smaller classes (maximum 14) and their fees are also reasonable.  Although ICMS class size is 16, but the school is too new.

The reason that we are considering switching our daughter to IMS is that BC is NOT a school.  It is just a learning centre, so student turnover is high.  As a school, I believe IMS will have a better planned annual curriculum. Although an English-based school, they also place a strong emphasis on Chinese (Mandarin).  A drawback is class size (25 students) and the classroom doesn't seem to be much bigger than BC.  During the tour, I found the classroom quite crowded.

IC is a good choice if you can't afford to let you child spend 3 days at BC.  LM...I am not sure.  I heard Catherine left already.  May be their new teacher is better.  What bugs me is they are very business-like.  If we are the 9:30 class, they really don't let you go in until 9:30.  The teacher and assistant (a South Asian at that time) also didin't strike me as very child-friendly.  For both IC and BC, they don't mind if you arrive earlier (for IC, sometimes they have an earlier class still in session ,then they wouldn't let you go in until the present class is done.  but this is understandable).  

FYI, IC's owners are all AMS qualified.  Their website states very clearly about their qualifications.  You can call and ask if you have any questions.  I am enrolling my son in their toddler class next month.  He will then start in BC in Aug/Sept with 3 days first.

[ 本帖最後由 elmostoney 於 09-4-2 10:50 編輯 ]

43#
發表於 09-4-2 10:40 |只看該作者
Please bear in mind that LM structures their toddler class more like a PG.  There is snack time, artwork time, story time, circle time, free play/exercise time, etc.  So the time the child gets to do Montessori is about an hour out of the two.  IC's class is 1.5 hours with about 20 mintues for circle time and the rest on Montessori.  I haven't been to LM Casa class, so I can't say.

44#
發表於 09-4-2 10:46 |只看該作者
May be I have a bit of personal feelings for IC.  I have attended altogether 90 hours of their class (including a 30-hour 0~3 session).  That was the first part of 2008.  My daughter hasn't gone to their place since the middle of last year, but they are still very helpful.  I had a few problems lately with my daughter.  Not knowing where to turn to, I called them a few times to ask.  One time I even went up to their office to talk to Daisy.  Imagine I haven't been there for almost a year.  They have no business with me, yet they are willing to spend the time to talk to me (each time at least half an hour).  Of course, they are here to make money.  How can they make a living? But I also think they have heart.

醒目開學勳章

45#
發表於 09-5-13 10:03 |只看該作者
Dear elmostoney

謝謝你的分享... 十分中肯有用!

最後現在, 你幫小朋友選了那一間? BC對嗎?

46#
發表於 09-5-19 11:19 |只看該作者
yes, she is going to bc and will continue there for K1

47#
發表於 09-6-3 11:26 |只看該作者
I totally agreed with you that the founders of IC are very enthusisatic to promote the montessori concept so that more parents in Hong Kong can treat their children properly and provide the "prepared environment" not only the hardware but most importantly the attitude of the parents themselves.

I think the 8hrs parent class is just an introduction of the montessori concept for those who know nothing about this concept.  That's why it is unfair to expect too much.  Even myself have attended the 30 hrs class, i still read lots of related books afterwards to enrich my knowledge.

My friend had attended the toddler class of IC and agreed with that it is only the extention of the parent class.  That's why the tutors will put more time to talk to the parent.  If u want your child to attend the montessori class / playground, I will suggest BC.

48#
發表於 09-6-4 11:13 |只看該作者
have you really joined in LM centre before? or you just made it up yourself? , because they never have 9:30 class.  And the teacher Ms Katherine is very nice and patient in teaching.  My daughter used to be very active and not like listening to instruction when she first joined in.  I can see my daughter changed a lot and she also practice at home too after Ms Katherine taught something new to her.  I also recommended some of my friends children to join their playgroup and none of them would agree what you said.  

原帖由 elmostoney 於 09-4-2 10:27 發表
I have visited Tin Hau's ICMS, Aberdeen's IMS, CDB in the Western District, etc.  My daughter will go for an interview at IMS this month for enrollment in Sept (if she is accepted).

If you can afford ...

49#
發表於 09-6-6 23:51 |只看該作者
Hi carol_mum,
Thanks for your sharing on LM.  I am planning to let my son join LM's playgroup too.  (My son is now 20 months old.)  There are 2 teachers, one is Catherine and one is a British lady.  Do you know who is better? Thanks.

50#
發表於 09-6-10 15:32 |只看該作者
I think both are good, but I only tried Ms Katherine's class before.  Actually I got some family matter before and that's why my daughter need to stop joining for months.  Since that my daughter keep ask me to bring her back to LM find MS Katherine.  and now I will join back during summer time.  

原帖由 feiji 於 09-6-6 23:51 發表
Hi carol_mum,
Thanks for your sharing on LM.  I am planning to let my son join LM's playgroup too.  (My son is now 20 months old.)  There are 2 teachers, one is Catherine and one is a British lady. ...

51#
發表於 09-6-11 15:34 |只看該作者
Thanks carol_mom.  I will join their class in early July too.  :)

52#
發表於 09-6-17 23:41 |只看該作者
the waiting list of LM is very long....

醒目開學勳章

53#
發表於 09-7-12 18:43 |只看該作者
上過IC既PG, 現在跟囡囡到BC上堂...
LM有點兒遠所以無去到... (家住新界)

希望我這個BLOG可以幫到你:
http://brfamily2008.mysinablog.com/

54#
發表於 09-7-13 12:47 |只看該作者
carol mom, i haven't checked this message board for a while. anyway, I am VERY offended that you assumed that I made up my daughter's attendence at LM.  I am more than willing to PM you my child's name so you can check with the school.  My daughter attended there for 1.5 months, 2 days a week at their toddler class.  I think we were there May/June 2008.  A friend of mine had her son enrolled in one term of their casa summer class in July 2008 and had the same opinion as well.  I don't understand how you can be so presumptive when my opinion differs from yours.  Catherine didn't work out with my daughter and my friend's son.  That's a fact.  If your child likes her, FINE.  But don't assume other people to lie.

I don't go around bad-mouthing schools.  I went to see Casa, IMS, and ICMS as well.  I don't have anything particular to say about them because my kids have not attended any of them.  Whatever I know is from school tour and hearsay, I will make a point to let other people know.  But LM is my personal experience.  I feel the teacher is rigid.  After they moved from the Wanchai premise to the present CWB location, they still put out the tools for casa kids during the toddler class (the math beads).  Needless to say, my daughter and one or two other kids wanted to play with those beads.  They came over and told them not to.  IF ANYBODY KNOWS MONTESSORI, this is the wrong classroom set up!  ANYTHING in the classroom is game for the kids.  If the teacher doesn't want the kids to touch certain materials, they should be put away.  Another thing is, I generally find Catherine to lack smiles (if she does, it is rare).  My daughter has been to many types of classes - now BC montessori, art class, dance class, orff music, mandarin for toddlers, kindermusik, jelic, and 2 other PGs.  This is the FIRST time that she told me she didn't like the teacher and didn't want to go back.  There were one or two other classes that I didn't really like the teacher, but she was still OK.  So her opinion of Catherine is a rarity.

55#
發表於 09-7-13 12:55 |只看該作者
I also want to point out that when I quit LM, I really had no where to go in September when my daughter had to start PN.  So I was very desperate to find a "school" for her to attend.  I felt LM didn't suit my daughter so much that I decided that despite risking not having any schools for 9/2008 school year, I still won't let her stay.  This sums up my feeling for LM.  Is it so bad?  Well, I don't hate it.  I just feel that for the $ I was charged, it was inadequate.

56#
發表於 09-7-13 14:47 |只看該作者
原帖由 elmostoney 於 09-7-13 12:47 發表
carol mom, i haven't checked this message board for a while. anyway, I am VERY offended that you assumed that I made up my daughter's attendence at LM.  I am more than willing to PM you my child's nam ...

Hello, Elmostoney,

Your daughter is joining many playgroups, how is her time arranged. Can I know her time table?  I am just amazed and you are a great MOM.

57#
發表於 09-7-13 21:58 |只看該作者
no, she doesn't join so many pg.  So went to different ones at different age.  It is not possible for her to go to so many.

Now she goes to BC 5 days week in the morning.  She also does an art class, orff music, ballet (now summer, no ballet class).  We also have a private mandarin teacher who comes to our home on weeknights just to play with her (no pressure).  She will start a private phonics class in August and I plan to let her join musical theatre at KG in Sept.  My goal is to let her have at least 2 weekday afternoons off so I can take her out if I can arrange something.  On the other days, even if she has something going on in the afternoon, she still has time to nap, take one class, and go downstairs to play with her friends for at least an hour before going home.  Her only full day is at KG - ballet + musical theatre.  I didn't care about the ballet class.  I really feel that it is a waste of money, but she really likes it and she was the one who begged me to let her start class when she was 2.5.

[ 本帖最後由 elmostoney 於 09-7-13 22:00 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題