用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 根德園幼稚園 Is KV not suitable for kids that can't under pressur ...
發新帖
查看: 2133|回覆: 11
go

Is KV not suitable for kids that can't under pressure?

發表於 08-1-20 09:40 |顯示全部帖子
Just talked to the teacher of my son's nursery school.  She knew that we're going to send our son to KV for K1 but her comment is my son is not suitable for kindergarten with great pressure like KV.  She said so coz my son doesn't like people pushing him to do things that he doesn't want to do.  Also, my son is a bit shy, needs a long warm-up time and his social skill is still very elementary.

My son was born in Aug...he still can't take care of himself very well (quite dependent) but his learning ability is quite good (from our point of view).  He is very eager to learn and knows A-Z, colours & shapes, numbers (he can read numbers from 0 to 30 at least) and English spelling too.  The reasons for us to send him to KV are:

(1) strengthen his chinese and maths (he's only interested inlearning English now)
(2) learn to be more independent and self-disciplined
(3) acquire a good academic background for his future study

Any one can give me some advice on the above?  Thanks alot!

發表於 08-1-20 11:52 |顯示全部帖子
Just talked to the teacher of my son's nursery school.  She knew that we're going to send our son to KV for K1 but her comment is my son is not suitable for kindergarten with great pressure like KV.  She said so coz my son doesn't like people pushing him to do things that he doesn't want to do.------ same comment from my son's nursery teacher, my son is even an active learner, but as this moment, I can't find any problem to him and he also very enjoy to go to school!

My son was born in Aug...he still can't take care of himself very well (quite dependent) but his learning ability is quite good (from our point of view).  He is very eager to learn and knows A-Z, colours & shapes, numbers (he can read numbers from 0 to 30 at least) and English spelling too.  ------same ability to my son (he born in SEP) when he is in nursery, (I think) his learning ability is good, so I think a school with "RICH" curriculum is good to him!  Children with great learning ability in his EARLY AGE (0-6), I don't want to waste this golden period..........

I can't find KV is with great pressure, it just train child to build an interest to learn, though my son is active and love to play, but once I told him to do homework or read books, he enjoy!

What I think is learning attitude should be establish during young age, It would be difficult to train up if a child used to have a free learning environment.  As in reality, they have to adapt to harsh primary life / public examination in future.

(1) strengthen his chinese and maths (he's only interested inlearning English now)

發表於 08-1-20 18:36 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

發表於 08-1-20 21:52 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks a lot for all your replies.  Yes, I think we shouldn't underestimate our kids' abilities.  Just let him try first!

Yet, one of my greatest concern is as my son is quite dependent, I'm afraid if KV's teachers are patient and have enough time/manpower to help those kids to adapt to the school life.

發表於 08-1-21 17:58 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

發表於 08-1-21 22:17 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks for all your replies that are really encouraging!

發表於 08-1-22 16:39 |顯示全部帖子
Camom,

Don't give up this opportunity. Your son's character is very similar to my son. Same comments from the nursery teacher but we still send him to KV and we have already prepared to send him back to the original school if he can't stay in KV. Now what? He is going to graduate from K3 in KV and promote to P1.

原文章由 Camom 於 08-1-20 09:40 發表
Just talked to the teacher of my son's nursery school.  She knew that we're going to send our son to KV for K1 but her comment is my son is not suitable for kindergarten with great pressure like KV.   ...

[ 本文章最後由 gordon 於 08-1-22 16:43 編輯 ]

發表於 08-1-22 17:41 |顯示全部帖子
I always think that because I am a full-time mom, I've done too many things for my son so that he's still very dependent.I'm satisfied with his learning ability but not very sure about his adaptability.  He knows a no. of English words but his communication power is still not very high.  

Maybe I've thought too much for him...I hope to see he can "grow up" gradually by studying at KV.

發表於 08-1-27 22:56 |顯示全部帖子
我覺得不用太擔心,正如你所說可能你Over take care 你的小朋友,何不放輕鬆些,我認為冇話什麼類型適合什麼幼稚園,有些人的意見可以好主觀
原文章由 Camom 於 08-1-22 17:41 發表
I always think that because I am a full-time mom, I've done too many things for my son so that he's still very dependent.I'm satisfied with his learning ability but not very sure about his adaptabilit ...

發表於 08-1-29 00:40 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 Camom 於 08-1-22 17:41 發表
I always think that because I am a full-time mom, I've done too many things for my son so that he's still very dependent.I'm satisfied with his learning ability but not very sure about his adaptabilit ...

Hi Camon,
If you think KV will give your kid much pressure, you may think of if your kid has a training chance in KV for 3 years, and you are in K2, you will have to think of the primary that you kid will enter to..... then you will think it is worthy to take KV as your kid's kinder..... so, give them more opportunity to try, because KV is a very good kinder. You really cannot immagine how the teacher did everything for your kid.....Don't give up.

發表於 08-1-29 22:39 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks for all mamies' replies.  Yeah, we've decided to let our son study at KV with no regret.  You all seem to be very satisfied with KV that further boost our confidence.

發表於 08-2-2 01:03 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 Camom 於 08-1-29 22:39 發表
Thanks for all mamies' replies.  Yeah, we've decided to let our son study at KV with no regret.  You all seem to be very satisfied with KV that further boost our confidence.

that's great!!!! Good Luck to you...

:恭: :喜: :發: :財: