搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Think International School
樓主: leshita
go

Think International School [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 04-6-9 15:11 |只看該作者

Re: Think International School

My son is studing in Think whole day.  He is in LN too.  I do not see any resources difference in Think between international and bilingual class if you are still in whole day course.  In fact, I believe Think would be happy if you are in AM international class.  It is because usually AM bilingual class in K1 is very full comparing with internalional class.

I think it's good to let children exploring to different language environment when they are still small.  I understand from the teachers in Think that, due to the bilingual/english environment, English level of graudate is high.  The most important is to upkeep their English after Kindergarten.

62#
發表於 04-6-9 15:33 |只看該作者

BBMMUMMY,

May I know if Think has many homeworks or activities?

What's your comment?

Thanks!

63#
發表於 04-6-9 16:15 |只看該作者

Dear maria_lai,

I understand from their teacher that K1 & K2 do not have much homeworks.  But they do the work during lesson.  However, K3 is a more demanding.  They will have dictation in K3 and more homework so as to match with local primary.  Please note that students who study in international school would leave after K2.  K3 is mainly for local primary.  As my son is still in LN, I do not have the full picture yet.

Comparing with local kindergarten, Think has plenty of activities. Near once or twice each month.

64#
發表於 04-6-9 16:22 |只看該作者

BBMMUMMY,

Thx!!  I've just wondered if my son can catch up the local primary schools.  You know they have lots of homework and will be quite busy (on dictation, quiz or test).

65#
發表於 04-6-9 16:39 |只看該作者

Dear maria_lai,

Forget the comment on the school.

Good or bad depend on what you want.  If you buy bilingual environment is important for pre-school children, Think is wealth for money.  However, if you want your child to study in famous local primary, Think may not help you.  You are better to choose Kentille or St Cathine.  In fact, I do not see any famous local primary on the school list of graduate.

66#
發表於 04-6-9 17:07 |只看該作者

Oh yes, my colleagues also recommend me to take Kentille or St Cathine if possible.  However, Think (MeiFoo) is close to our home and the environment/style is ok.  We don't want my son to take 1hr (by school bus) to school everyday.  Anyway, I'll try those two as well and decide later.
Thx again!

67#
發表於 04-6-9 17:26 |只看該作者

Dear maria_lai,

Just don't want to mislead you.

Think have pre-nursery class (2 years old class).  However, Kentille and St Cathine do not have pre-nursery class.  They both start at K1(3 years old).

68#
發表於 04-6-10 08:43 |只看該作者

Oh yes, I know that
Thx!!

69#
發表於 04-6-10 09:52 |只看該作者

maria_lai

我都考慮過好耐先比佢入think.

因為think (MOS) 係我家附近,10分鐘行程到.而我的原因係,唔放心比個2歲小朋友去坐校車出去九龍返學.怕中途有特發事不知點算好,就算有呀姐看住,我都怕佢睇唔到咁多個咁活潑的小朋友呢!而家我都覺得無選擇錯.

以下只係我個人現有經驗,無針對任何人呀:
見到個囡放學返黎,好快asleep的時候,我先知道返3個鐘頭學對佢來講係好辛苦,好倦的事.如果仲要佢坐一個鐘頭車回家又真係幾辛苦佢.係個女的立場,我真係認為而家選擇無錯.

原來返學對囡囡來說,是要集中精神去做的一件事,不論是玩定學習都係.所以如果真係要去九龍返學,我可能會等佢有3歲�4歲或小學才考慮.

70#
發表於 04-6-10 10:19 |只看該作者

leshita,

Thx for your sharing again.

I remember your daughter is in PM school.  Does she sleep after school?  When does she wake up (both in the morning and after school) and sleep again at night?

My friend said his son sleeps late 'coz he usually sleeps few hours after PM school.  Is it no good for children to sleep so late?  Well, you know people said it's better to 'sleep early and wake up early' lah.  However, sometimes we have no choice ma.

71#
發表於 04-6-10 11:45 |只看該作者

我囡囡的作息時間為:

早上: 10時起床
中午: 1時返開-4時15分放學
返到黎就食奶,沖浪�sleeping.
約5時睡,七∼八時起床.
晚上:十一時半左右上床.

sleep之前就講故仔,玩咭機,讀書.

72#
發表於 04-6-10 11:56 |只看該作者

leshita,

It seems not too bad je.  I thought they'll sleep around 1am 'coz they just woke up at 8pm ma.

Thx again.

73#
發表於 04-6-11 09:37 |只看該作者

其實仲有一個好個人的理由,事關我倆公婆都係返工的,平日同個女一齊的時間不多,所以我地選擇返下午校,方便同佢玩多些.

晚上七時 :我回到家,個女剛剛起床�仍睡到七點半左右.
八時到九時:食晚飯.
九時後:同佢行marketing/mall,一齊唱歌仔,dancing,睇一套DVD(30mins.),沖浪,食奶,同爸爸玩十分鐘左右,睇書,玩咭機,睡覺.(好鬼死死忙!!)
(若果囡囡返上午的話,便要同佢講古仔�上床(一般都係九點半前便睡,如果唔係唔夠睡的.而且我倆口仔都無機會同佢玩多些)

我地黎個生活方式,我會持續到k3,因為小學多數都係全日制,到時女女都6歲了,適應到的.小朋友細個,我地希望同佢多些親子,關係親密些,日後教育佢都會容易些.我相信小朋友係要從小教育的,大個左,個人化左,佢的觀點,道德觀都應該唔會同父母有太大差距.

74#
發表於 04-6-11 09:50 |只看該作者

leshita,

This is a very good point.  I should consider this when selecting kindergarden later.

Thx again!!

75#
發表於 04-6-11 09:57 |只看該作者

leshita 寫道:
我囡囡的作息時間為:

早上: 10時起床
中午: 1時返開-4時15分放學
返到黎就食奶,沖浪�sleeping.
約5時睡,七∼八時起床.
晚上:十一時半左右上床.

sleep之前就講故仔,玩咭機,讀書.

leshita,

My daughter has the same schedule with yours, but I only give her one hour sleeping after school (wake up latest at 6:30).  She also go to bed around 11:00, but she only can drop asleep at 12:30.  How about your daughter.  When she can asleep.

Thanks!

76#
發表於 04-6-11 13:12 |只看該作者

我地由佢食完奶就去睡,好似生肉多些!我地無叫佢起身,由佢幾點便幾點起身lor. 話時話,都好少過八點,而睡覺方面,我地最夜12點左右(我盡量限制係12點�之前)便熄燈,通常不夠十分鐘就變左隻pig pig.

其實我見佢11點半都已經好倦,眼仔合合,有時佢死頂唔睡,不過一熄燈就呼呼入睡.

77#
發表於 04-6-16 09:20 |只看該作者

My son is going to attend nusery class in Think (Mei Fu) in the coming August. Do you know which phonatic system they are using (e.g Letterland, Jollyphonic)? And do they have the pratice like Laguan City that kids from K1 could take English class in the a.m session and billigual in the p.m?

Thanks in advance.

78#
發表於 04-6-16 09:44 |只看該作者

小奇媽媽,

Will you son attend pre-nursery(LN) or nursery(UN/K1)?
For LN, they do not have phonic programme.
For UN (i.e. K1), they would teach some basic phonic.  I know that Think(Laguna City) have their own system to teach phonic, neither Letterland nor Jolly.

Hope it help you!   

79#
發表於 04-6-16 12:25 |只看該作者

小奇媽媽,

I want my son to attend nusury class of Think (MeiFoo) as well, but he'll be 2yrs old in Dec so we can only try 插班 in Feb05.

Is your son in am class?

80#
發表於 04-6-16 13:56 |只看該作者

小奇媽媽,

I want my son to attend nusury class of Think (MeiFoo) as well, but he'll be 2yrs old in Dec so we can only try 插班 in Feb05.

Is your son in am class?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題