教育王國 討論區 國際學校 2008 ESF Tsing Yi 媽咪
樓主: fidellau
go

2008 ESF Tsing Yi 媽咪 [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 08-7-13 12:55 |只看該作者
Hi all,
Nice to meet you here.
WOW, 3 of you are in the Dinosaur AM section. Lucky you...

1. bbjan: Girl. Frog am. Miss Michelle Hwang
2. Path: Boy. Owl pm. Ms Alana Richardson
3. sillybabyq: Boy. Frog pm. Miss Michelle Hwang
4. whatever: Boy. Whale am. Miss Wayne Owen

Dinosaur AM (Ms. Rebecca Hegarty):
5. katguan: Boy
6. lsw0316: Girl
7. Najilaku: Girl

82#
發表於 08-7-14 13:56 |只看該作者
Can any mummies share their experience in school coaches arrangement for first two weeks' settling in period?  I've talked to the new school bus company - 楊美莉旅運,asked about if the accompanying adult can also take the school coach with the child during the first two weeks settling in period but their answer is parent can only take the school coach on the first day only.  For the rest of the week-days, parent has to go to school by themselves.  In other words, I'll have to go to school with my daughter by other transportation instead of school coach from the second school day.  As it is expected that my daughter will cry when she has to get on the school coach by herself on the 2nd day to school without mummy.  I'm puzzling if it is good to do like what I have thouht i.e. going to school with my daughter by other transportation to school on the second school day.  If so, my daughter might also cry when she has to go on the school coach by herself after the settling in period.   Can any mummies share their experience?

83#
發表於 08-7-14 15:00 |只看該作者
In your case, I will suggest you don't use the school bus for the first month if possible. Because in the first two weeks in Sept., the children will only go to school on the alternate days, which means only 3 days in the first week and 2 days in the second week, depending which group you are assigned to, so it should be cheaper to send the child to school by yourself, and easier for the child to settle in.

Only my oppinion.

原文章由 lsw0316 於 08-7-14 13:56 發表
Can any mummies share their experience in school coaches arrangement for first two weeks' settling in period?  I've talked to the new school bus company - 楊美莉旅運,asked about if the accompanying adu ...

84#
發表於 08-7-15 11:05 |只看該作者
Hi all, nice to meet you too.

8. mother30: boy

85#
發表於 08-7-15 11:11 |只看該作者
As my first child starting on school, pls share with me what items of the uniform should I buy or just buy all of them? Thanks.

86#
發表於 08-7-15 14:07 |只看該作者
Hi Katguan,

Thanks for your opinion.  It can be an option.  However, I'm still considering if I will start working in Sept.  Currently, I'm a full time mom as I quited my job since Aug 2007 for my daughter nursery class started.  My maid has to prepare lunch for my son who is in primary school so that she cannot go to school to pick up my daughter at noon time.

原文章由 katguan 於 08-7-14 15:00 發表
In your case, I will suggest you don't use the school bus for the first month if possible. Because in the first two weeks in Sept., the children will only go to school on the alternate days, which mea ...

87#
發表於 08-7-15 14:18 |只看該作者
Hi mother30,  

Welcome!  It's so great to find 4 kids in Dinosaur a.m. session here.   I've not ordered school uniform yet.  I'm wondering if need to hand in the order form to the supplier, or, we can go direct to their office without submitting order form?  I want to go there with my daughter as I want to make sure the size is right for her.   I'll buy short sleeve t-shirt, skort, school bag and cap for summer.  I'll only buy jacket and vest around end Oct when getting close to autumn.      

原文章由 mother30 於 08-7-15 11:05 發表
Hi all, nice to meet you too.

4. whatever: Boy. Whale am. Miss ...

88#
發表於 08-7-15 14:54 |只看該作者
I've called the supplier, they said we need to go to the shop to buy the uniform. They said except the school bag which will be available in the middle of August, the rest of the uniform will be available right away. They also suggest us to bring the child along to try the uniform and shoes.

原文章由 lsw0316 於 08-7-15 14:18 發表
Hi mother30,  

Welcome!  It's so great to find 4 kids in Dinosaur a.m. session here.   I've not ordered school uniform yet.  I'm wondering if need to hand in the order form to the supplier, or, we ca ...

89#
發表於 08-7-15 15:00 |只看該作者
You are welcome. I can see it's not a easy decision to make in your case. I'm also a full time mom and also considering working later, but I havn't made up my mind yet. My son has been going to nursary for a year already so hopefully it's easier for him to settle in ESF.

原文章由 lsw0316 於 08-7-15 14:07 發表
Hi Katguan,

Thanks for your opinion.  It can be an option.  However, I'm still considering if I will start working in Sept.  Currently, I'm a full time mom as I quited my job since Aug 2007 for my da ...

90#
發表於 08-7-15 20:20 |只看該作者
Hi katguan,

Thanks for checking out about the uniform.  My daughter will only start her summer holiday next week.  So, we'll go to the supplier the following week.     

Similar as your son, my daughter has been to nursery class for one year.  However, I doubt that she can be easily settling in the new school due to the new environment and teacher's new faces.  I have ever mentioned about taking school bus to school later on.  She almost burst into tears as she used to go to school by mini bus with the maid and I'll pick her up after school.  So, she is relunctant to the change.  I'm worrying

原文章由 katguan 於 08-7-15 15:00 發表
You are welcome. I can see it's not a easy decision to make in your case. I'm also a full time mom and also considering working later, but I havn't made up my mind yet. My son has been going to nursar ...

91#
發表於 08-7-15 23:15 |只看該作者
my girl also attended nursery class for the last 6 months, she is much happier after attending school. i plan to take her to visit ESF Kinder at Tsing Yi (even just the outskirt) a few times to get her familiarized with the surrounding, hoping that at such she can settle in a bit easier in sept.

92#
發表於 08-7-16 13:17 |只看該作者
Hi bbjan,

Good suggestion, thanks!  Are you living in Tsing Yi?  Since we are living in Tsuen Wan, I think I'll only take my daughter to Tsing Yi to see her new kinder 1-2 times before the official school visit on Aug 26.

原文章由 bbjan 於 08-7-15 23:15 發表
my girl also attended nursery class for the last 6 months, she is much happier after attending school. i plan to take her to visit ESF Kinder at Tsing Yi (even just the outskirt) a few times to get he ...

93#
發表於 08-7-16 15:08 |只看該作者
My son is also in Dinosaur AM session. he's in group B. It's good to have a gathering before the school starts..

I haven't bought the uniform for my boy yet...

Regarding the school bus, (my own opinion) it's a bit expensive for the rate...

94#
發表於 08-7-16 15:49 |只看該作者
Hi fidellau,

My daughter is also in Group B of Dinosaur AM session.  Will you accompany your son to school for the first two weeks?  Yes, the school bus is quite expensive.  I expect it's around HK$800 but as I said before there is no choice.  

I also think it's good to have a gathering before school starts so that our kids will get to know each other before the official school visit on Aug 26.  If so, when they see each other again on Aug 26, they will keep in mind that when going to this new school, they will see those familiar faces of their new friends.  I hope it will alleviate their anxiety so helping in the settling in period.   May I suggest to meet some time around mid-Aug so that the kids won't forget each other when school starts in Sept.  

原文章由 fidellau 於 08-7-16 15:08 發表
My son is also in Dinosaur AM session. he's in group B. It's good to have a gathering before the school starts..

Regarding the school bus, (my own opin ...

95#
發表於 08-7-16 16:25 |只看該作者
I bought the uniform last month. The saleslady is very
experienced that she will tell u what the must-buy items
are and how many sets of uniform u would need.
However the shop is very very small, so those full-time  mom may check with the shop to avoid the peak hours.

I'm also a full-time mom. We may have a lunch gathering at Maritime Square eg. Spxx House, so the kids can play  outside before or after, and get used to the surroundings of their kinder.

原文章由 fidellau 於 08-7-16 15:08 發表

Regarding the school bus, (my own opin ...

96#
發表於 08-7-16 18:03 |只看該作者
That's a good idea to meet there....

I won't accompany my son for the 1st 2 weeks schooling. My maid would be the one who brings him to school as usual....so I dun want to disorder the habit....

97#
發表於 08-7-16 23:02 |只看該作者

9. fidellau: boy

98#
發表於 08-7-17 00:12 |只看該作者
Maybe we can have a late lunch or afternoon tea on either one weekend :

Aug 16 Sat
Aug 17 Sun
Aug 23 Sat
Aug 24 Sun

We don't need to fix the date for our gathering at the moment.  Let's check our schedule and decide later.   

najilaku,
Thanks for advice as to avoiding the peak hours.  I'll remmeber to call them when I've fixed the date to buy the uniform.

原文章由 najilaku 於 08-7-16 16:25 發表
I bought the uniform last month. The saleslady is very
experienced that she will tell u what the must-buy items
are and how many sets of uniform u would need.
However the shop is very very small, s ...

99#
發表於 08-7-17 13:21 |只看該作者
If you don't mind, we can play together in our playroom (Villa Esplanada in Tsing Yi) after meal.

Aug 16 Sat
Aug 17 Sun
Aug 23 Sat
Aug 24 Sun

We don't need to fix the date for our gathering at the moment.  Let's check our schedule and decide later.  

4. whatever: Boy. Whale am. Miss Wayne Owen (only Aug. 17 is not available.)

9. fidellau: boy

100#
發表於 08-7-17 14:34 |只看該作者
That will be wonderful!

原文章由 whatever 於 08-7-17 13:21 發表
If you don't mind, we can play together in our playroom (Villa Esplanada in Tsing Yi) after meal.

Aug 16 Sat
Aug 17 Sun
Aug 23 ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題