密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 有否取 DBS 而放棄 SPCC ?
樓主: ABCD5678
go

有否取 DBS 而放棄 SPCC ? [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 08-1-5 19:18 |只看該作者
We should consider the mission of the school. DBS (if DBSPD follow DBS mission) is quite different from SPCC. In terms of acedemic achiement, SPCC is much better. On the other hands, DBS is btter in music and sports. I have no doubt about the English standard of DBS graduate but I have met some DBSPD students recently and finds that their English standard is average (as we expect they will be much much better than other local school). In order to be good in language or English, the best choice is German Swiss IS or other international school. I can make some suggestion.

If you live in NT, are you going to let a 6 years old kids spend 3 hours on the road to SPCC everyday ? or if you live in Aberdeen, your kids need to spend 3 hours on the road to DBSPD everyday. It is more desirable to let your kid enjoy the childhood. If your kid is smart, it desn't matter to go to which school (both of them are top school in HK) and I am certain that they will be elite in the future.

[ 本文章最後由 matthewdad 於 08-1-6 16:57 編輯 ]

42#
發表於 08-1-5 21:38 |只看該作者
原文章由 youma 於 08-1-5 15:46 發表
I am surprised to receive one defense only.

據DBSPS 家長所講, DBSPS考得深, 教得淺, 所以幾乎全民皆補, 補費平均$300-800一句鐘. 2. 還有, 比賽前老師[勸諭]學生要走堂練習, 學生那敢不從? I have much reservation as to “幾乎全民皆補" & "比賽前老師[勸諭]學生要走堂練習" since I together with other parents at least up to now have not come across such situations as what you have mentioned.

3. 你是校 ...
My identity is immaterial as I am just a nobody whereas every parent has their own cup of tea, obviously DBSPD is not your cup but what I have told is factual rather than hearsay. I however appreciate the point raised by Matthewdad that it does not matter to which school your kid to go, once you have made up your mind choosing the school for your kid, you have to believe that the choice is the best.

43#
發表於 08-1-6 00:27 |只看該作者
原文章由 everyma 於 08-1-5 21:38 發表
... but what I have told is factual rather than hearsay. I however appreciat ...

What I have told is also factual. I have even visited one of the "tutorial schools" specially for DBSPS students. The classes are always full and many DBSPS boys are on the waiting list.

Although I have no chance to visit their sports or orchestra practice,  I know that all students are "encouraged" to quit from the normal classroom lessons for weeks in order to attend practising.

As our statements are contradictory, it means either you are lying or I am lying. I urge the readers to find out the truth from the real parents in the real world.

[ 本文章最後由 youma 於 08-1-6 00:29 編輯 ]

44#
發表於 08-1-6 05:46 |只看該作者
youma,

I will stand on your side.  At least from my frineds' comments on DBSPD (their boys are P.2 & 3 now),

課程肯定教得淺考得深 (深到無黎頭), 小二grammar去到小五  點消化呢? 因為小功課, 事實係好多家長去補習班, 我friend揾晒人事都係waiting list (個別補開男小拔), 而每粒鐘要hk$300. 當然都係睇家長既要求

原文章由 youma 於 08-1-6 00:27 發表

What I have told is also factual. I have even visited one of the "tutorial schools" specially for DBSPS students. The classes are always full and many DBSPS boys are on the waiting list.

Although I ...

45#
發表於 08-1-6 09:54 |只看該作者
It may be true that DBS is better at sports than SPCC but there is no way that it can be better in music.
SPCC's choirs & orchestras frequently win top awards in music festivals.

原文章由 matthewdad 於 08-1-5 19:18 發表
We should consider the mission of the school. DBS (if DBSPD follow DBS mission) is quite different from SPCC. In terms of acedemic achiement, SPCC is much better. On the other hands, DBS is btter in m ...

46#
發表於 08-1-6 09:56 |只看該作者
In DBS , the result of the kids are classfied as follows:
1) top one  - no need to go to tutorial school
2) average one with rich parents - have private tutors or go to tutorial schools
3) below average - survive on their own
4) have sport or musical awards - can study in any class if they like (acedemic is not important). I have seen someone who get no marks in HKCE and still can go to F.6 (although not qualified for any A level exam)
5) Relationship with school (only a few) - similar to no.5

A fair comment, a lot of school put pressure on parent (DBS is not the only one). The teacher only covers the syllabus, as  time is limited in school. If your kid cannot catch up, will advise you to go...Therefore most of the kids can only survive if they go to tutorial school because they have past paper (the teacher are too lazy to create new exam paper). If they have brothers in the school, no need to go to tutorial school.  Therefore there are some special tutorial schools for DBS or SPCC (because they have past paper) and always full up.

原文章由 overview 於 08-1-6 05:46 發表
youma,

I will stand on your side.  At least from my frineds' comments on DBSPD (their boys are P.2 & 3 now),

課程肯定教得淺考得深 (深到無黎頭), 小二grammar去到小五  點消化呢? 因為小功課, 事實係 ...

[ 本文章最後由 matthewdad 於 08-1-6 17:00 編輯 ]

47#
發表於 08-1-6 13:31 |只看該作者
咁情況,讀黎為乜

原文章由 matthewdad 於 08-1-6 09:56 發表
In DBS , the result of the kids are classfied as follows:
1) top one  - no need to go to tutorial school
2) average one with rich parents - have private tutor or go to tutorial school
3) below average ...

48#
發表於 08-1-6 13:32 |只看該作者
...............deleted......................

49#
發表於 08-1-6 14:59 |只看該作者
好多嘢無十全十美, 學校比到一般學校比唔到既:

1)優越感
2)設備及環境
3)資源 (有好多外藉老師)
4)凝聚力 (old boys)

其他不足既唯有家長自己補足...

不過我會buy spcc多 d

原文章由 VKwan 於 08-1-6 13:31 發表
咁情況,讀黎為乜

50#
發表於 08-1-6 18:24 |只看該作者
SPCC is more disciplined and DBS is more flexible in
respect of rules. SPCC is moe concerned on academic
while DBS is more concerned on sports and music.  Both are excellent schools in terms of resources and school
facilities in addition to famous reputation.   

If the boys are talented on sports and music, they will get more satisfaction in DBS because many competitions are
held between school teams.  On the other hand, if the
parents are more concerned on the future career of the
kids such as to be doctors, SPCC is a better choice.

51#
發表於 08-1-6 19:44 |只看該作者
原文章由 youma 於 08-1-6 00:27 發表
As our statements are contradictory, it means either you are lying or I am lying. I urge the readers to find out the truth from the real parents in the real world...

Statements being contradictory is very often not a big deal, it could be a matter of point of view and hence does not imply either telling lie. I whereas wonder you, being a parent of neither SPCC nor DBSPC, are so concerned about the comments.

52#
發表於 08-1-7 10:45 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

53#
發表於 08-10-24 19:35 |只看該作者

delete

delete delete

[ 本帖最後由 Eileen 於 08-10-24 19:40 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題