搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 去加拿大讀書,有咩要注意?
發新帖
查看: 4757|回覆: 15
go

去加拿大讀書,有咩要注意? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-11-24 04:58 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
朋友個仔18歲去加拿大讀書,因為個度天氣凍,要自己等巴士返學,要買咩質料hat,手套,鞋才保暖,買咩cream夠保濕唔爆,仲有咩要注意?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 07-11-24 10:24 |只看該作者
I would say get the followings:
1. down jacket (70% down).  Prefer to be long to the knee length.
2. do not get the boots in HK, get them in Canada.  The boots need to have lining, otherwise, it will be tooo cold.  They should be waterproof too.  Do not get those beautiful ones, because you will be walking in snow with salt and mud, very ugly anyway.
3. Gloves, wool gloves are useless.  Get leather with lining.  
4. Hat, should cover ears.  You MUST protect your ears in cold weather.  Prefer has fur or lining.
5. Cream: there are many face cream here in Canada and they are not expensive, like Aveeno soothing relief cream.  Not bad.

The reason you need to be so prepared is because waiting for a bus could be a very long time.  In some area and some time in the day, there may only be 1 bus every 30mins to 45mins.  You can be standing there for a long time.

Hope this help.

YukiMommy

原文章由 yoheymen 於 07-11-24 04:58 硐表

3#
發表於 07-11-24 15:01 |只看該作者
YukiMommy

Thank you for your help

我朋友個仔將會12月去calgary讀書,佢好擔心,請問還有什麼可注意呢?thanks!

4#
發表於 07-11-25 00:30 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

5#
發表於 07-11-25 10:38 |只看該作者
Calgary can be very very cold.  If your son will be taking the bus only, perhaps getting a pair of ear-muffs will be better.  Calgary can be as cold as -40C.  I am in Toronto, but my friends from Calgary told me that if you go out in -40C, sometimes you can feel "ice" even inside your nose.

But the problem in Canada is, once you get inside the building, it will be very warm, as the heat inside the building is very warm.  So, I will NOT buy any turtle-neck wool clothes as it will be sooooo hot inside the building.  Get some fleece jacket/sweater will be better.  If you feel hot, you can easily take it off.

Hope this helps.

YukiMommy

原文章由 yoheymen 於 07-11-24 15:01 硐表
YukiMommy

Thank you for your help

我朋友個仔將會12月去calgary讀書,佢好擔心,請問還有什麼可注意呢?thanks!

6#
發表於 07-11-25 14:19 |只看該作者
我之前係Edmonton 到讀書的
個時真係好凍的,計埋D風速
差唔多-60度....個日放學返屋企時
自己曾經問過自己"會唔會行行吓凍死架?"
e家諗返起都覺得好好笑
不過隨着地球温化
都唔會再咁凍lu

其實講真18歲了,都不小了
我個人認為呢...買一件厚厚的down給他
其他的,到了Canada叫他自己去買,
因為他本人才知道需要什麽~~
你買了,他也有可能說十萬個原因
不肯穿
送他到外國讀書,就要為了要他學懂獨立吧~~

7#
發表於 07-11-30 12:55 |只看該作者
我住係calgary架, 係香港買ga野呢度真係唔夠暖架, 買一件down jacket先, 其他東西在這才買, 是否boxing day前到, boxing day sale 會平d, 係讀university of calgary, sait, 定mount royal college(冇輕鐵)呢. 試睇下呢d
www.sportchek.ca
www.calgarytransit.com

原文章由 yoheymen 於 07-11-24 04:58 發表

8#
發表於 07-12-3 18:05 |只看該作者
Hi Calgary,

I used to be in Calgary for over 10 yrs. I was back to HK for 8 yrs la. How is in Calgary now, still cold in winter time? I heard the real estate is booming. Houses are very expensive now. Are there more and more HK and Taiwan or china people go to Calgary? Are u studing in Calgary? I studied University there and worked there for 4yrs.

原文章由 Calgary 於 07-11-30 12:55 發表
我住係calgary架, 係香港買ga野呢度真係唔夠暖架, 買一件down jacket先, 其他東西在這才買, 是否boxing day前到, boxing day sale 會平d, 係讀university of calgary, sait, 定mount royal college(冇輕鐵)呢. 試睇 ...

9#
發表於 07-12-4 03:45 |只看該作者
Hi daisyskw,

It's cold these 2 weeks, this morning was -20, and with windchill, last night was -27. But in the last few years, it was not that cold, winter arrive early this year as  envornment Canada said.

Yes, more immigrants are from Mainland China, compared with HK & Taiwan people.

The real estate is really hot these years, but forecast they will slow down a little bit. The average price of a single house is at 400K, its crazy, and the gas is 102.9 today, forcast 150 by spring.

I am a mother of 2, feel free to drop a few lines if you want to know more about  recent Calgary.

10#
發表於 07-12-4 16:42 |只看該作者
Hi Calgary,

Thanks for the info. I'm a mother of a 3yrs girl.  Are you working? I am a full time mum with a helper.  I have a lot of free time.  If you want to know anything about HK, I'll be please to answer.

原文章由 Calgary 於 07-12-4 03:45 發表
Hi daisyskw,

It's cold these 2 weeks, this morning was -20, and with windchill, last night was -27. But in the last few years, it was not that cold, winter arrive early this year as  envornment Canad ...

11#
發表於 07-12-6 22:48 |只看該作者
Calgary,

你好, 我地一家正計劃移民到多倫多, 明年七/八月啦...可向你請教有什麼要在HK買定嗎... 我有2個小朋友...都是為佢地囉...到時還要找工作添....

原文章由 daisyskw 於 07-12-4 16:42 發表
Hi Calgary,

Thanks for the info. I'm a mother of a 3yrs girl.  Are you working? I am a full time mum with a helper.  I have a lot of free time.  If you want to know anything about HK, I'll be please  ...
]

12#
發表於 07-12-8 16:20 |只看該作者
Tsang04~Hi 我都係多倫多讀過一年 其實你係果邊都唔洗買齊晒去o既... 因為果邊好多唐人同埋果邊o既太古廣場都係買D中國野... 即係全部都係唐人開o既 大多d衫都係買花園街果s款...有d就話自己係日本同韓國運去ka wor 之不過可能會貴D 即刻可能係香港買$45(hk) 佢地就係$45(ca)咁lor!! 不過之前讀書比我家姐昆o左我 話果邊又貴又唔靚 但實際係睇個人品味 我好鐘意行果D mall買衫 其實好多我自己就覺得好靚 同埋你係香港買電器o既話就記得買埋變壓器過去ah~~ 果邊有牌子D衫其實同太古廣場果D價差唔多 所以好多都係買果邊D品牌多ka~ 我果時好傻 未去過 就帶o左好多野去 去到都用唔著 又拎返hk 一個人仔帶o左3袋野去 4袋野返 返o黎比o左300 ca寄運=.= 所以如果我再去最多都係帶一個箱去!!

我想問你之前去過toronto未ka 你會過去買車ma~~ 其實我都想返toronto讀書!!

13#
發表於 07-12-22 06:08 |只看該作者
Hi daisyskw,

Just to say Merry Chirstmas.

You know this year Zellers, Superstore & WarMart open 24hours until Christmas Eve afternoon at selected locations.  Zellers at Market Mall, Chinook & Sundridge, Superstore @ Sundridge & Shanessey. It's crazy, right.

Calgary may not have white christmas again this year, christmas eve forcast +2 degress

Hope your family merry christmas & happy new year.

原文章由 daisyskw 於 07-12-4 16:42 發表
Hi Calgary,

Thanks for the info. I'm a mother of a 3yrs girl.  Are you working? I am a full time mum with a helper.  I have a lot of free time.  If you want to know anything about HK, I'll be please  ...

14#
發表於 07-12-22 06:13 |只看該作者
Tsang04 - I am not living in Toronto, but as kayan_329 say, you really don't need to buy much stuff to Canada as not in 20 yrs ago.  I am not that kind of person who really need th stuffs from Hk, including food , clothes , TV, or daily necessities.  If you buy stuff from Hk, it is expensive & not worth.  Winter clothing should not get from Hk, they can't stand the cold weather here, especially winter footwear.

原文章由 Tsang04 於 07-12-6 22:48 發表
Calgary,

你好, 我地一家正計劃移民到多倫多, 明年七/八月啦...可向你請教有什麼要在HK買定嗎... 我有2個小朋友...都是為佢地囉...到時還要找工作添....

15#
發表於 08-1-7 17:24 |只看該作者
hi hi calgary....forgot to thx for your reply....

happy new year to all!

原文章由 Calgary 於 07-12-22 06:13 發表
Tsang04 - I am not living in Toronto, but as kayan_329 say, you really don't need to buy much stuff to Canada as not in 20 yrs ago.  I am not that kind of person who really need th stuffs from Hk, inc ...
]

16#
發表於 08-2-1 16:25 |只看該作者
Hi Calgary!

My neighbor!  Nice to meet you!  I grew up in Edmonton, but have moved back to HK over 10 yrs ago!  But we do go back to visit quite often!!

I guess the economy is booming, I remember when I left Edmonton, it was soooooooo....dead!  What a change the past few years, and the Cdn currency is so strong, lucky you!

原文章由 Calgary 於 07-12-4 03:45 發表
Hi daisyskw,

It's cold these 2 weeks, this morning was -20, and with windchill, last night was -27. But in the last few years, it was not that cold, winter arrive early this year as  envornment Canad ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題