SFA or HKTL  [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-11-23 01:36 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
兩間學校都收左阿囡,原本選左hktl,因為有中學,校風又好,同埋諗
SFA都係無咩機,今日收到SFA既信,請問大家點選呢
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 07-11-23 10:38 |只看該作者
I asked you he same question in other topic ?
same as you, I am also very annoyed now......but likely will not pick SFA as I and my husband have to work and always return home late, no energy to due with the great pressure from SFA.
Actually I am still thinking the 蘇淅 as some parents in the 小學雜談 gave very good comment to this school, especially the Mandarin. Aslo, I don't worry my daughter's English level as I planned to let her study in the US in the future....
my husband's two younger sisters studied in Tuen Mun for primary and secondary school only but they turned out could graduated in the UCLA.   

therefore, I don't want to give great pressure to the kid in the early stage for fear that she would lose interest in study.

Ai, very very annoyed

3#
發表於 07-11-23 15:48 |只看該作者
原文章由 SandyWu 於 07-11-23 01:36 硐表

如果係我就會揀HKTL, 大家都有番咁上下實力, 但HKTL有很好的中學backup, 唔駛煩. 尤其HKTL校風是良好, 因我的年代識好多朋友仔/同事都係HKTL出品嘅. 但我不是說SFA唔好,請別誤會.

4#
發表於 07-11-23 16:40 |只看該作者
原文章由 Sammichloema 於 07-11-23 15:48 硐表

如果係我就會揀HKTL, 大家都有番咁上下實力, 但HKTL有很好的中學backup, 唔駛煩. 尤其HKTL校風是良好, 因我的年代識好多朋友仔/同事都係HKTL出品嘅. 但我不是說SFA唔好,請別誤會. ...

多謝妳既意見,我會兩間都留位後再分析,其餘ok個d學位就唔留,唔想hold住其他人

5#
發表於 07-11-23 16:56 |只看該作者
原文章由 SandyWu 於 07-11-23 01:36 硐表

I want to ask      what is SFA and HKTL full name in Chinese
Ewong

6#
發表於 07-11-23 17:13 |只看該作者
請問邊間係HKTL?
Trevor Mama

7#
發表於 07-11-23 17:17 |只看該作者

RELAX !

It depends on how you look at these two school ! SFA is very a famous primary school, most of their graduates can be able to promoted to band 1 English Secondary School (about 96% in 2006-07). However, they use traditional teaching method and the school teachers assign a lot of homework to their students. Every week the students need to go for dictation, english worksheet, project and, math worksheet. Some of the P5-P6 students will be selected to join some inter-school competition like Olympas Math. Competition and other kind of competition. If you have time to give close guidance to the learning of your kids, your child will become a very smart boy in academic field after completing the P6 study ! However, if you want your child to have a happy life with a good moral standard and good habit, you can choose True Light, the statistics of TL for their students being accepted in band 1 Secondary is also quite good which is about 80%. I feel that the culture of some school always emphasizing in providing gift education may be not so good ! There are lot of students who may not be very smart and with a very good family background need your care ! Education should be all-round and fair and equal to all, it should not be just discriminate those outstanding one and excluding the weak students to chinese secondary school. Is it all possible that one school can recruit all the smart students with IQ over 140 such that they can implement thier gift education policy ? Just spooning P1 students with P2 stuff and finally turn out their academic foundation is not consolidated. Look at our so call University Graduate today ! Do you think all of them are very smart ! Even smart but how about their ethical standard and moral standard ! Please relax ! Your kids is just P1 ! Don't put too much pressure on them ! Even they can get into so call famous school, it is not a must he will be get success in future ! I think that the most important things is to let them develop a good learning sttitude and a happy life in their childhood. There is still a long way that he will be growth up and become a citizen in Hong Kong.

8#
發表於 07-11-23 18:01 |只看該作者
Totally agree!

TL 是以全人教育為本。學術方面,則以循序漸進、由淺入深的方式慢慢培育學生。只要你稍盡家長本份,絕對是輕而易舉;除非你有很高要求啦。That's why we are TL fans as TL is my cup of tea.  (This statement does not rebut the value of other schools.)  My belief is if the children have a happy childhood and gain confidence, learn drive and determination, they can apply these fine attributes/skills towards different aspects when they grow older.  On the other hand, if the kids are being tortured by difficult targets, keep on losing, failing, where is his/her self-esteem and they will easily give up as they are used to be losers.

If Sandy shares similar values, see you next year in TL.

原文章由 lwl2007 於 07-11-23 17:17 硐表
It depends on how you look at these two school ! SFA is very a famous primary school, most of their graduates can be able to promoted to band 1 English Secondary School (about 96% in 2006-07). However ...

[ 本文章最後由 Putongren 於 07-11-23 18:03 編輯 ]

9#
發表於 07-11-23 18:14 |只看該作者
原文章由 Ewongmum 於 07-11-23 16:56 硐表

I want to ask      what is SFA and HKTL full name in Chinese

sfa 聖方濟各

hktl 香港真光

10#
發表於 07-11-23 18:40 |只看該作者
Totally agreed with lwl2007 and potugren

I have already decided to give up SFA as i have no time to "fight " with the homework, project and assignment of SFA. I am afraid that my girl's self-esteem will become lower and lower.

personally, I consider 循序漸進、由淺入深 would be a better approach. And also, the ability of most students would be different from time to time. Some very smart student in primary school might not perform well in secondary school and some average students could perform very well in the secondary and A-leave.

For example, my two sisters-in-law just studied in common primary and secondary schools in Tuen Mun and went to the US after F.6, they turned out became graduates of the  UCLA... my parens-in-law were prond of them.

so, I don't want to give great pressure to my girl in her primary life for fear that she would lose interest in study..

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

11#
發表於 07-11-23 19:47 |只看該作者
舊年識個st catherine家長, 佢話, sfa小一 (當時約十月尾左右)英文默書, 默既係celebration, difficulty, 唔係十個八個vocab咁簡單, 係好幾個page, 仲有unseen, 好多小朋友已經體驗過捧旦!
(如有講錯, sfa家長請幫忙糾正)
如果你覺得咁係你想要既training, 你就揀sfa啦, 成效亦有得睇, 一分耕耘一分收獲, 不過預左家長既投入絕對唔少
如果你唔打算長期戰鬥, 似乎sfa就唔係一個適當選擇喇, tl就各方面平均d, 會讀得開心d, 家校合作就好好, 不過可能academic方面就無sfa咁勁喇
原文章由 little-pig 於 07-11-23 06:40 PM 硐表
Totally agreed with lwl2007 and potugren

I have already decided to give up SFA as i have no time to "fight " with the homework, project and assignment of SFA. I am afraid that m ...

12#
發表於 07-11-23 19:52 |只看該作者
原文章由 Charlotte_mom 於 07-11-23 19:47 硐表
舊年識個st catherine家長, 佢話, sfa小一 (當時約十月尾左右)英文默書, 默既係celebration, difficulty, 唔係十個八個vocab咁簡單, 係好幾個page, 仲有unseen, 好多小朋友已經體驗過捧旦!
(如有講錯, sfa家長請幫忙 ...

Charlotte_mom,

Thanks for your good advice.  I will consider all the points.

13#
發表於 07-11-26 11:29 |只看該作者

真光有乜好

哈,碰巧HKTL上星期考試,不知明年新生已放榜,今天才有空說說我的看法。我有兩個孩子,大的小五,細的小一。兩個都是在TL幼稚園直升,所以沒有適應的問題。

先談教學理念。我想大家也會在她的網頁看過了(http://www.tlmshkps.edu.hk/ => click 關於真光 => click 真光簡史及辦學宗旨),再抄一次:
辦學宗旨 真光以耶穌基督之名「真光」命名,以「為神樹人」為教育宗旨,實行基督犧牲愛人之真理,為社會培育人才。以基督化全人教育,使學生能有克己、求全、服務、愛人、信主、愛神的完美人格,切實履行校訓「爾乃世之光」的使命。

講當然不難,實施情況又如何吧?全人教育的意思是讓孩子很平衡的全面發展。先談大家最關心的學術。不要以為真光成績不高,其實她是恰當的、由淺入深和循序漸進,而非催谷填鴨式的一年級讀二年級課程!有多輕鬆?一年分三學期,三測三考。很多家長一聽就話,乜咁多架!其實大有好處,測驗通常已經溫了考試範圍的三份之二,到了考試就真的輕輕鬆鬆。每天只考一科(中英數常),十點放學。孩子其實很開心早放學可以多D時間玩(比阿媽逼溫書例外)。考試是在1136月中,聖誕和復活我們便可狂歡,不用坐困愁城溫習!最重要的是考試範圍次次清,即只考當學期所教的(當然數學和一些語文基礎例外)。其它科目如普通話音樂體育視覺藝術(美勞)宗教只在課堂考核,有些科目在高年級才有簡單的筆試。還有低年級中默是不計分的。

小一默書是讀默,第一學期有二次,每次約10個詞語。測驗考試老師會「唱卷」,即會慢慢讀出所有題目。很容易是嗎?不錯,成績不是A都有B;我相信是希望正面的鼓勵、培養孩子的信心;起碼不會讓他們害怕讀書考試!一二年級是蜜月期,孩子在愉快的環境下學習,吸收容易,到了三年級後全給應用出來,就變成得心應手。當然,說是輕鬆,但也要付出一些努力(當然不是大力鞭策)。放心,你看到他們升中派位的統計,就不用質疑他們的能力。最要緊的是他們將會擁有持續的學習能力、對學習抱有積極進取的態度,這樣才能確保他們日後的競爭力。但如你相信一起步便要登峰造極,出類拔萃;sorry, TL does not suit you

下次再說其它方面。

14#
發表於 07-11-28 18:07 |只看該作者
經過幾日既struggle,今日都係去交左TL既留位費,其實兩間學校都係幾難選擇,而我九龍東既,所以LOCATION黎講就係SFA方便好多,因為我可以湊囡囡返學,工人湊放學

15#
發表於 07-11-29 14:12 |只看該作者
其實有冇諗過好似孟母咁(但唔駛三遷),搬過香港。我地好多同學住東區/南區,校巴有效率,3:30 放學,四點左右已落車。

原文章由 SandyWu 於 07-11-28 18:07 發表
經過幾日既struggle,今日都係去交左TL既留位費,其實兩間學校都係幾難選擇,而我九龍東既,所以LOCATION黎講就係SFA方便好多,因為我可以湊囡囡返學,工人湊放學 ...

醒目開學勳章

16#
發表於 07-11-29 14:28 |只看該作者
我係TL畢業架 .... 可以好肯定咁話你知, TL校風好, 學業成績雖唔係最TOP (同女拔, SPCC 嗰d冇得比) 但一定唔差....

If 我嗰個係女, 一定揀TL (情意結, 冇得講 )
棉花爸...棉花媽...棉花糖(BB糖)...

17#
發表於 07-11-29 14:33 |只看該作者
原文章由 Putongren 於 07-11-29 14:12 發表
其實有冇諗過好似孟母咁(但唔駛三遷),搬過香港。我地好多同學住東區/南區,校巴有效率,3:30 放學,四點左右已落車。

Putongren,

多謝哂你既意見,其實我都問過校車,係我屋企早上7:10上車,放學就4:10下車,時間都接受到既,唔一定要搬屋,我尋日去學校交留位費,個校園環保真係好正,我好鍾意,但外面既地盤就有D燥音,唔知幾時完工呢

18#
發表於 07-11-29 14:59 |只看該作者
sandywu
我同你一樣住九龍,不過我係西九龍,聽聞西九龍係無校車到,我宜家都唔知點好

19#
發表於 07-11-29 15:12 |只看該作者
原文章由 袓安 於 07-11-29 14:59 發表
sandywu
我同你一樣住九龍,不過我係西九龍,聽聞西九龍係無校車到,我宜家都唔知點好

祖安,

妳個case就比較trouble,因為學校唔近地鐵
‹ 上一主題|下一主題