發表於 07-11-22 14:42 |只看該作者
原文章由 vanessamom 於 07-11-19 17:52 硐表
有以下問題,想請教各位媽咪:

(1) 澳洲Sydney的小學,那一間好(成績及品行)?

(2) 是否私校比政府學校較好?

(3) 本身不是天主教的話,是否可以入讀天主教學校?

(4) 在香港讀小學一年級,去到那邊是否可以插讀 Year 1?

希 ...
你係syd邊一區呀? 我記得有一本天書既東東, 介紹syd 既中小學, 可以去買本睇睇.

除左 selective, 私校好多時都係比政府學校好~ 你自己有無心水學校?

唔係天主教, 都可以試下報, 不過有心理準備, 要讀聖經喎~

3#
發表於 07-11-25 00:31 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

4#
發表於 07-11-26 17:57 |只看該作者
hi, sachi,

我完全沒有概念那間學校好,你所講的天書在那褱有得賣呢?

5#
發表於 08-1-12 17:36 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

6#
發表於 08-1-22 23:42 |只看該作者
mocha,

我的女兒是大女,在港讀一年班,我問過朋友,朋友說可能需要讀 Year 2了,但這樣便跳了半年下學期未讀就已經去到二年班,可以適應到嗎?英文方面,我知道囡囡聽及講方面一定需要時間去學習,至於 read and write 方面,那邊的 Year 2 會否很深呢?你亦是於7歲時移民澳洲嗎?要多久才適應學校的生活及交到新朋友仔呢?Ths!

7#
發表於 08-1-23 11:32 |只看該作者
(1) 澳洲Sydney的小學, 那一間好(成績及品行)?
選擇入讀學校的話, 要很視乎你住邊區, 因為收生的時候, 學校是會按地區而收錄學生的. 所以, 你有沒有打算在那區定居? 如有的話, 我可以再睇睇情況而介紹給你參考.

至於那本天書..你可以在大間一點的(當地)文具店購買, 價錢不貴...如果你想即時上網就睇得到的話, 可以參考以下網址:
http://www.schools.nsw.edu.au/schoolfind/locator/?section=showRegion&region=530

(2) 是否私校比學校較好?
政府學校有部份都是 Selective (精英學校), 會收一些成績好的學生, 但 Selective 學校是不收錄海外留學生的. 所以你的小朋友必定是入了藉的澳洲人才可申請報讀, 否則只可選擇政府或私校了.

至於私校, 不是所有私立學校都比政府的好, 因為私立學校的課程很緊迫, 小朋友如果受不住壓力的話會好辛苦. 不過, 小學的情況會好一點, 因為澳洲的小學及初中課程一般都比香港的教得慢. 但當去到高中 Year 11-Year 12 時, 課程就會突然深好多. 以前曾經幫一些由香港過來 sydney 讀私校的中學生補習, 見到他們的工課多到有點兒恐怖..精神受到好大壓力~

我的建議是..選擇小學的話, 真的沒有什麼名不名校 / 政府 / 私校的分別, 一般香港過去的小朋友都會拿得到好成績的. 最重要的是, 小朋友返學返得開心, 而且入讀中學時的階段才是最重要! 因為澳洲的小學生相比香港那些真的單純好多, 讀到到中學 Year 9 開始時, 先會是關鍵時刻呢!

(3) 本身不是天主教的話,是否可以入讀天主教學校?
應該可以, 我以前也不是基督徒, 也讀基督徒學校. 不過可能要向個別學校查詢.

(4) 在香港讀小學一年級,去到那邊是否可以插讀 Year 1?
如果你的小朋友是較聰明, 可以向學校要求做測試跳級. 我有朋友的親戚的兩個仔仔都跳了級!  

希望以上答案會幫到你! :)

8#
發表於 08-1-28 01:03 |只看該作者
jeannedarc,

多謝你的詳細資料!如囡囡在港讀一年級讀到一半,去到那邊就要開始讀 Year 2,是否會很吃力呢?不知澳洲小學 Year 2 的程度是否很深呢?擔心她不知要多久才能適應那邊的生活

9#
發表於 08-1-28 09:19 |只看該作者
vanessamom,

不用擔心, 澳洲 year 2 程度真的不會太深. 小朋友適應力強, 大約半年應巳適應.  No worry.

我妹妹兒子今年剛升 year 3, 讀 Catholic school, 在 year 1 & 2 時學校都冇家課帶回家做, 因為學校唔想家長太辛苦喎 (真令人羨慕.)

如你囡囡在 5 、6月前出世或會真升 year 2.  你們打算幾時過 Sydney ?

原文章由 vanessamom 於 08-1-28 01:03 發表
jeannedarc,

多謝你的詳細資料!如囡囡在港讀一年級讀到一半,去到那邊就要開始讀 Year 2,是否會很吃力呢?不知澳洲小學 Year 2 的程度是否很深呢?擔心她不知要多久才能適應那邊的生活 ...

10#
發表於 08-1-28 09:56 |只看該作者
Casablanca-220,

你好!暫定5月頭過去,所以我女還未完成香港小一的課程,而囡囡是11月出世的,現時已經7歲了,朋友說過到去應該是 Year 2 了,因澳洲是2月開學的。

你是住在澳洲的嗎?聽聞澳洲的小學都比香港輕鬆,但英文聽及講方面,囡囡可能需要時間去適應!

11#
發表於 08-1-29 20:10 |只看該作者
Welcome to Sydney.

A useful weblink is: http://www.schools.nsw.edu.au/learning/k_6/index.php

This link is the Kindergarten to Year 6 learning areas for schools in NSW Australia from the Board of Studies. If you click on the various links on this site, it also has the syllabus which outlines what the teacher covers in each learning area.

The usual rule is: since your child's birthday is in November, she should start Kindrgarten after she turned 5. So the other advises you have are correct - most school would put her in year 2 at 7 yrs old. Most schools (both public and private) are very helpful and will help you to decide whether your child should skip a year / go to yr 2 / yr 1.

Remember to bring school reports / sample of homework and school work - these will help the school to give you the correct advise.

12#
發表於 08-1-29 22:56 |只看該作者

回覆 #2 vanessamom 的文章

Can I ask some questions here, too?

你好!我也暫定6月中過去,我儿子也是11月出世的,現時已經7歲了,正读香港小二的課程。请问可以插班吗?可以在香港申请吗?

And I have another son 5 now. Can he study in year 1?

I am going to live in somewhere very close to Ashfield.

Thanks!

13#
發表於 08-1-29 23:36 |只看該作者
原文章由 ttmum000 於 08-1-29 22:56 發表
Can I ask some questions here, too?

你好!我也暫定6月中過去,我儿子也是11月出世的,現時已經7歲了,正读香港小二的課程。请问可以插班吗?可以在香港申请吗?

And I have another son 5 now. Can he study in year 1?

Schools age in Sydney are fairly simple -
eg.
if the child is 4.5yrs to 5.5yrs, they will normally enter Kindergarten in Jan 2008 (similarly, 5.5 yrs to 6.5yrs will start yr 1 in Jan 2008)
if child's birthday is borderline (say birthday in May / June / July), the decision is made by the parent(s) and/or school (detemined by whether they think the child is ready or not, whether the child should start or hold back a year).

Note that the above is not set in stone - I know a little girl who started Kindergarten in 2007 at the local public school - at 4yrs and 2 months (a special case, very high IQ, reading level already reached yr 2, her older sister already skipped a grade)

Yes, you can migrate and start school half way through a school year - just contact the school as soon as you decide public / private, which school and the date you want to start. Most schools have website and contact details (though of course the most direct way is to ask in person).

Hope the above helps.

[ 本文章最後由 sbandliz 於 08-1-29 23:38 編輯 ]

14#
發表於 08-1-30 01:21 |只看該作者
Thanks for your information.

I will call tomorrow as the school just start now right? I will  let my sons go to the public school. One more question is any bully things happen in public school?

原文章由 sbandliz 於 08-1-29 23:36 發表

Schools age in Sydney are fairly simple -
eg.
if the child is 4.5yrs to 5.5yrs, they will normally enter Kindergarten in Jan 2008 (similarly, 5.5 yrs to 6.5yrs will start yr 1 in Jan 2008)
if child ...

15#
發表於 08-1-30 01:32 |只看該作者
原文章由 ttmum000 於 08-1-30 01:21 發表
... I will call tomorrow as the school just start now right? I will  let my sons go to the public school. One more question is any bully things happen in public school? ...

Kindergarten starts on Thursday, the rest of primary school starts tomorrow (Wednesday).

To be truthful - bullying does happen sometimes, but in very isolated cases as far as I know. The best way I found is better communication - if you are worried, talk to your child, and then to the other parents, teachers and school principle. Be involved with your child's school - ie. voluntee to help with Math / reading / canteen, then you can observe what is happening in the school.

16#
發表於 08-1-30 11:22 |只看該作者
原文章由 ttmum000 於 08-1-29 22:56 發表

I am going to live in somewhere very close to Ashfield.

Ashfield 及其附近的地區都係比較複雜, 因有好多社會問題 (e.g.販毒) 同罪案 (e.g. 搶劫) 發生..亦是比較多大陸及中東人 (黎巴嫩 / 印度 / 越南) 居住..所以...如果選擇學校的話, 建議選擇近 Burwood 或 Strathfield 比較安全.

如果講話選擇地區, Sydney 北區會比較多香港人 (比較有錢)區住, 學校亦會比較有名一點..所以居住環境會比中區安全, 但物資會比較貴好多. 而南區就會較適合中產階層, 因為會有多一點大陸, 台灣, 同亞裔人士等區住..居住環境都比中區安全好多.

Anyway, 我知道有一間好出名的一條龍 (私立) 男校 Newington College 近 Homebush 那邊, 由幼稚園至 Year 12, 另亦有宿舍提供, 可參考一下:
http://www.newingtoncollege.nsw.edu.au/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newington_College

p.s. 如果想搵澳洲地圖, 可參考:
http://www.whereis.com.au
好好用!

[ 本文章最後由 jeannedarc 於 08-1-30 11:33 編輯 ]

17#
發表於 08-1-30 21:42 |只看該作者
sbandliz,

多謝你的詳細解答!除了擔心囡囡的升學問題,也同時擔心她是否能與同學融洽相處,因為有朋友的兒子過到那邊時,因為語言不通,而給其他同學仔欺負,要躲在廁所內,及不喜歡上學。

另想請問是否需要背一大個書包上學(像香港那樣呢?),通常著校服時是著黑皮鞋或是波鞋的呢?不好意思,太多問題。因如需要的話,我要準備買這些東西過去!

ttmum000,

Hello!你是移民的嗎?會否帶很多東西過去?因為我知那邊的物品都很貴,其實都擔心自己都未能適應那邊的生活!

18#
發表於 08-1-31 06:54 |只看該作者
Making friends / new environment - 99.9% of the kids are very friendly, and the teacher will do their best to help your child. Chinese population is fairly high in Sydney, so you will find that most classes have at least 2 to 10 Asians (in a class of 20 to 30 kids). The teacher will look at your child's English level and decide whether she need any extra help - at such young age, your child will catch up in no time.

If you can spare an hour or 2 each week, I do suggest you voluntee to help in class - Math/sharpening pencils/cutting up craft materials etc. This means you can actually see what is going on in the classroom and playground. Chat to the other Mums in the morning or afternoon, this will help your little girl to make friends, and you will find out more about the school. Talk to the teacher and ask questions if you have any concerns, they will understand and will help.

Uniform / school bags /shoes - all depends on which school you go to, and whether it is private / public.
Most private school have their own uniform and school bags with their school logo on them, so maybe hard to get them from HK. The best way is to decide on which school, then contact them to find out about enrolment procedure and uniform requirements - this way you can buy exactly what is needed and not waste money.

Primary schools here are very easy on the kids - not many books to bring home each afternoon, most are left in class. At yr 3 last year, my daughter had 2 A4 size books to bring home each week (not thick, each maybe 5mm to 10mm thick).

My children goes to public school, and this is what I have been packing in their school bag :
- lunch box (not too big, enough to fit sandwich, fruit, snack)
- drink bottle (I prefer water, only pack small juice packs on special occassions)
- change of socks/underwear/shorts (for the younger one in yr 1, just in case)
- raincoat (again for the younger one)
- small pencil case (for yr 1 - 12 colour pens, 2 markers, small pencil sharpener - the other stationeries provided by school. for yr 4 - the above, plus 4 pencils, small ruler, eraser, glue stick)
- plastic pocket with zipper, slightly bigger than A4 size (for the reading book they bring home each night)
- library bag, clothe bag with strap, slightly bigger than A4 size, use once per week for library books. (also available from school)
So you can see that their bag aren't that heavy. But I did buy their school bags in HK - because more choice and prettier.

Sorry about the detailed description of their bag. I hope the above info helps.

19#
發表於 08-1-31 08:36 |只看該作者
sbandliz

Thank you very much for your details information.  You are really very nice!

現時在香港,我也經常返囡囡的學校做義工,因為可以了解囡囡的學校生活多一點,所以去到澳洲,我想我也會去學校做義工,希望令囡囡可以早點適應當地的學校生活。

囡囡雖然只得7歲,但她是一個非常傳統的中國人,她熱愛閱讀中文故事書(雖然也愛看英文故事書),也非常喜愛現時香港的學校,在班中很受同學仔歡迎,當我向她提及要去澳洲居住的時侯,她很不開心,所以我才會擔心那麼多!希望到時樣樣順利!

20#
發表於 08-1-31 12:02 |只看該作者
Maybe your little girl is worried about leaving her friends behind.

Lots of luck with your move. Feel free to talk even if it is just to voice your worries. I am sure there are a lot of mums on here who are happy to help or just to listen (me included ).
‹ 上一主題|下一主題