發表於 07-11-6 14:16 |顯示全部帖子
如題. 為何這樣做?  有沒有經驗分享?  是否達到原來的目標?

發表於 07-11-6 14:46 |顯示全部帖子
咁樣小朋友好辛苦咋, 同埋好多時唔夠時間用, 邊有時間食飯呀? :tongue:

醒目開學勳章

發表於 07-11-6 14:58 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 07-11-6 15:11 |顯示全部帖子
點解要如此安排? 返全日也有充份時間食飯及午睡. 若分兩間學校上. 就算兩間學校只係附近. 都係完全無時間食飯,玩及休息. 咁谷法. 只怕得不償失. 健康精神也不好.

醒目開學勳章

發表於 07-11-6 15:13 |顯示全部帖子
點解要咁呢,小朋友唔駛午睡?

發表於 07-11-6 16:36 |顯示全部帖子
係啦, 點解要咁呀, 咁樣迫佢可能有反效果喎, 同埋咁細個就咁辛苦, 佢地仲有20幾年書要讀, 又何必呢..

發表於 07-11-6 16:52 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

發表於 07-11-6 17:30 |顯示全部帖子
Although I don't agree with this arrangement, I really know two kids are studying in this way.
Their pattern: local famous kindergartens in the morning (one is St. Cat and one is Victoria) and international kindergartens in the afternoon (one is Anfield and one is ESF).  Both parents' target is to have a better training in english for the kids.  The kids are quite busy and not much to time to play except in school.

發表於 07-11-6 19:26 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 #1 mosesdaddy 的文章

The main objective is similar to the two real cases that Radiomama quoted - to have better language training to the kids.  Personally I have a friend who arranged his son to study the local and international streams of KCS (蘇浙) at the same time (I read a similar case in another thread here).  This will provide ample opportunities of English and Putonghua environment for the kids, I believe.

The so-called bilingual (Eng/Putonghua) kinder. may not provide the right environment and depth required of both languages.

In fact, my kid has been admitted to 蘇浙 K1 am class, and we are waiting for results from EFS, Small World and international stream of 蘇浙.

It seems a hard decision to make , given the great concerns from many of you (like insufficient rest time, play time, etc).  The time and energy spent on commuting between the two kinder. have not yet been taken into account.

What my wife and I think is that our kid can still play at school.  In fact, our kid has picked up the reading habits at a young age and he really likes to read (both English & Chinese books) everyday he wakes up.  He also likes me to read and sing Putonghua books/songs with him before going to bed.  We think he would love having English and Putonghua kinder. education.

Anyway, are we too ambitious ?  Could someone there be kind to share more experiences?

發表於 07-11-7 01:20 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 mosesdaddy 於 07-11-6 14:16 硐表
如題. 為何這樣做?  有沒有經驗分享?  是否達到原來的目標?

其實在kcs有好多小朋友都係同時番kcis.學校會安排及照顧學生去食飯及午睡的!

發表於 07-11-7 12:12 |顯示全部帖子
mosesdaddy

其實2個字形容你及你太太: 自私!

你兒子才是3歲人仔, 幾時谷到大呀? 可否不要因為私慾及虛榮心(不必否認, 這是心理專家的分析, 你無非想自己的兒子比same age geoup叻) 而強迫小朋友咁辛苦.... 有時他們也需要一些自由時間發下呆及玩無謂(你認為)遊戲的...

三思而後行....

原文章由 mosesdaddy 於 07-11-6 19:26 硐表
The main objective is similar to the two real cases that Radiomama quoted - to have better language training to the kids.  Personally I have a friend who arranged his son to study the local and intern ...

發表於 07-11-7 13:21 |顯示全部帖子
Dear AAA-Mom,

After reading your comments, which seem a bit too radical, I doubt if we have been too selfish.  

Well, we have never disallowed our kid to play "unmeaningful" games or be idle for some while.  We have close custody of how our kid reacts when starting a new/fun course (e.g. we discontinued the art class at Kids' Gallery since our kid did not show an interest in the way the class was delivered).

Our kid really loves reading textbooks (not just the pictures but the words).  He likes to repeat what we have taught him, e.g. several months ago, when I took him to the kids playground, he stared at the words and said, "This equipment is designed for children of age 5 to 12.  Adult supervision is recommended...."  He seemed to want to tell me he knew these words which my wife taught him previously.  I was quite astonished because he was about 20 months old at that time.

Last night, he did not want to go to bed (around 9 pm) and yelled at us, asking for some more reading time...

My wife and I have NEVER thought we need to hard press our kid to be a great man of significant achievements.  Really!  But we strongly believe that kids are like a sponge - he keeps taking in the stuff and knowledge he can acquire through games and books, family and intimacy, etc.  This is very true esp for kids of age 6 or below (as we read about the relevant researches).  They have a great quest for new things and it's just very natural for them to learn in an interactive and suitable environment.

It will be a regret if we miss the golden opportunity before our kid reaches the age of 6 (currently he is 2 yr 3 mth).  Yesterday we got the chance to talk to our friend whose kid is studying K2 of both KCS and KCIS and she shared and confirmed our belief of the speaking environment her kid gains.  Now her kid can freely express himself in both English and Putonghua, and is not shy in doing so.

Of course, if subsequently our kid cannot cope (e.g. insufficient rest time or even deteriorating health), we hope we can be able to spot the problem and remedy the situation early.

We still have faith in the arrangement of two kinders. for our kid.

Any others out there to share your (or your friends') experience?

發表於 07-11-7 17:30 |顯示全部帖子
Mosesdaddy,

I am also considering if to send my kid to KCIS. I checked the emb webiste; but it seems that no students were enrolled for K1 in 2007-2008 (around 50 students for K2 and K3 only). Will KCIS take K1 students in 2008-09? I heard that no interview is needed for KCIS admission. Is this true? Thanks!

原文章由 mosesdaddy 於 07-11-6 19:26 硐表
The main objective is similar to the two real cases that Radiomama quoted - to have better language training to the kids.  Personally I have a friend who arranged his son to study the local and intern ...

發表於 07-11-7 18:01 |顯示全部帖子
gxjl02,

I remember that my wife was advised by the KCS/KCIS that if we opt for both KCS and KCIS, we should choose KCS for the am class, so that they would take care of our kid in respect of lunch and sleeping arrangements (and they would wake up our kid for class at KCIS).  Therefore, I believe KCIS is still recruiting students for the 2008-09 session.

I will ask my wife whether an interview is required, since the application was all along handled by her.

發表於 07-11-8 14:03 |顯示全部帖子
gxjl02,

My wife was informed by KCIS that no interview would be required.

發表於 07-11-8 15:58 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks for your infomation, mosesdaddy.

原文章由 mosesdaddy 於 07-11-8 14:03 硐表
gxjl02,

My wife was informed by KCIS that no interview would be required.

發表於 07-11-9 13:18 |顯示全部帖子
We are cantonese speaking family, and we want our 2-yr-old girl to be fluent in both chinese and English.  We did try a bilingual pre-nursery before but  the classmates there are all cantonese and they communicate with each other in Cantonese only, so now we switch my girl to an Intl pre-nursery to brush up her English. For our case, a bilingual kinder cannot provide the language environment we want, therefore we want to put our girl in 2 kinders in the coming K1.

We want to choose the right kinders for our girl. In many threads, I found many parents are chosing both KCS and KCIS, and this school only provide PTH (no Cantonese) and English class. My concern is, for those parents (like our case) speaking minimal (or none) PTH and non-native English,  how can they support our children who learn two 2nd language at school? Also, there is no interview held in KCIS, will the class end up in all/most children are Cantonese?  Pls share.

Any successful cases here, pls share your experience. Also, what is your choice of primary school(IS, bilingual, or local) in order to keep both languages.

[ 本文章最後由 OKmom 於 07-11-9 13:27 編輯 ]

發表於 07-11-9 14:51 |顯示全部帖子
Moses daddy,

Is Small World good? I also applied.

發表於 07-11-10 02:06 |顯示全部帖子
其實樓主寫得一手流利英文~做乜唔響屋企製造全英文環境呢? 讀國際咪得囉! 用讀另一間學校嘅錢黎私人補習普通話都得啦~
係~小朋友係海綿~我都非常同意!但學習都有好多方法架嘛...
如果唔係工作所需要讀全日班,何苦要小朋友響學校留足一日呢?? 仲要係分開兩間學校,要同時適應D同學同老師,仲要D程度可能差不多,但進度唔同....上午先唱完annie apple,下午可能跳到clever cat....咁小朋友如果唔喜歡重複又重複,反而冇興趣上堂啦...

以上只是路人甲的意見,不喜歡請多見諒!

發表於 07-11-10 03:38 |顯示全部帖子
嘩, 使吾使咁下 ???  佢一定會好辛苦囉,
不如比佢返全人囉, 吾使理佢喇, 一樣姐.  當佢係隻牛咁........ 命苦 好可憐