go

IB學校的學生也要轉往德瑞讀GCES A Level [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-10-31 10:26 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
SCMP

'I made the right decision to switch schools'
Liz Gooch
Updated on Oct 27, 2007
Jeffrey Tang Ying-ming has known since he was about 10 years old that he wanted to follow in his father's footsteps and become a physician. He had always expected to study A-levels before going to university and was surprised when his former school, West Island - part of the English Schools Foundation - decided to introduce the International Baccalaureate Diploma for senior students. "I didn't want to take the risk of not doing well in it," he said. For Jeffrey, that meant moving to German Swiss International School, which will offer A-levels until 2013. The 16-year-old moved schools in September after completing his GCSEs at West Island. He said he knew he wanted to study science-related subjects in his final two years at school but under the IB, he would have been required to take a broader range of subjects. He did not want to study a humanities subject or other mandatory requirements of the IB. Instead, he is now studying physics, chemistry, biology, maths, Chinese and English. "I wanted to choose subjects that I like instead of being forced to choose subjects that I'm not good at," he said. The Year 12 student said he would have remained at West Island if the school had continued offering A-levels. Jeffrey, who knows of two other ESF students who have moved to German Swiss International this year, said he was pleased he had made the move. "I think I made the right decision." he said.
   0    0    0    0
‹ 上一主題|下一主題