搜索
教育王國 討論區 高主教書院小學部 My son's P1 Life in Raimondi
查看: 6275|回覆: 30
go

My son's P1 Life in Raimondi [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-10-26 14:30 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Dear all,

Very surprise and please that my son loves the school very much.  He can manage to complete almost all homework at school with just a few mistakes.  

The most important of all, he can tidy up his school bag everyday and able to ready all books / stationery for next day's lesson.  He told me and requested me not to check for him

He now needs to do some online work daily and no need for us to remind him.  May be he has really grown up.

Any other mum has sharing with us on your son??

Little Tin Che
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 07-10-26 15:57 |只看該作者
小天子,

你仔仔係咪一向都咁企理架? 定係你覺得係學校/老師幫到佢, 教到佢咁好呢?

聽你咁講, 你仔仔都適應得唔錯喎  

原文章由 小天子 於 07-10-26 14:30 硐表
Dear all,

Very surprise and please that my son loves the school very much.  He can manage to complete almost all homework at school with just a few mistakes.  

The most important of all, he can tidy ...

3#
發表於 07-10-26 20:22 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

4#
發表於 07-10-26 23:34 |只看該作者
My son likes RC P1 life very much. Perhaps he's still excited about his P1 life.  I am not sure whether the academic level is too difficult for my son as he could handle it so far and he didn't complain to me that he didn't understand what his teacher says (although he seldom speak to me in Mandarin at home).  agreed with 小天子 that, out of my expectation, I find my kid getting more independent that before and prefers handling the tasks by himself without my interruption.  He would always shut the door of his room when he's working on his schoolwork.  

However, I think there're too many tasks after school.  He comes back home at around 4.30pm and sometimes even 5.30pm because of staying behind for school activities, and he could only manage to finish his work by 7pm and he really looks sleepy by the time I return home from work.  I have to rush to check his homework right after work and ask him to do the corrections and help him doing the internet work.  I don't have the time to chat with him or tell him story at night.  Do you parents have same comments?  Besides, the Chinese a passage a day is very difficult. what do you parenets think?
Few days ago, just received the pack from school for the reading scheme, another workload for me to assist him on that.  I think the workload is more on parents than kids...

原文章由 Tatama123 於 07-10-26 20:22 硐表
各位家長,
你們覺得學校課程深唔深, 兩文三語語言環境夠唔夠?
功課量是否ok? [/quote]

5#
發表於 07-10-27 23:07 |只看該作者
原文章由 小天子 於 07-10-26 14:30 硐表
Dear all,

The most important of all, he can tidy ...

I feel the same!

I'm v. v. happy to see that he has become this independent!   Thanks to the good trainings of the school - my son now would take the initiatives to do homework and revisions, as they were trained to do so in class-teacher lessons I suppose.  His results are good too, guess it's because he was given so many exercises to do during the class to keep up his progress.  He already had his first dictation, but I noted that a few days before dictation, his teacher has already done a mock dictation with them!  So it didn't take much time for me to do revision with him on dictation.

In addition, his Mandarin has improved a lot within a short period of time!  In the past he just recited Mandarin poems and rarely used Mandarin, I worried and thought that his Mandarin is weak.  Now I can relax!

What made me really happy is the good impressions Raimondi's teacher gave me.  All the teachers and admin staff is very polite.  We had the PTA day and the chance to see the class teacher, right?  My son's class teacher told me what she thought about my son - she just used a few sentences to describe but that is really a very accurate summary about my son!  I was very surprised and happy.  At first I worried that the class is big and each student might not get enough attention from teachers but obviously I was wrong!

Happy to share with you here :)

6#
發表於 07-10-27 23:56 |只看該作者
原文章由 i_am_mango 於 07-10-27 23:07 硐表

I feel the same!

I'm v. v. happy to see that he has become this independent!   Thanks to the good trainings of the school - my son now would take the initiatives to do homework and revisions, as th ...

I like Raimondi too as not much pressure gives to parents.
School exercises are enough.
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

7#
發表於 07-10-28 09:03 |只看該作者
原文章由 ratafan 於 07-10-26 23:34 硐表
However, I think there're too many tasks after school.  He comes back home at around 4.30pm and sometimes even 5.30pm because of staying behind for school activities, and he could only manage to finish his work by 7pm and he really looks sleepy by the time I return home from work.  I have to rush to check his homework right after work and ask him to do the corrections and help him doing the internet work.  I don't have the time to chat with him or tell him story at night.  Do you parents have same comments?  Besides, the Chinese a passage a day is very difficult. what do you parenets think?
Few days ago, just received the pack from school for the reading scheme, another workload for me to assist him on that.  I think the workload is more on parents than kids...

Hi ratafan, I agree with you - there are many tasks after school which I guess this is the life of a usual primary school kids going to a traditional primary school.  Once selected, this is the level of work you expected to see.  ha ha...

But don't worry too much!  Your son can finish all homeworks by 7pm right?  I think it's perfectly OK.  On the PTA day, while we were asked to wait in the classroom to see the class-teacher, a parent of my son's classmate talked with me and said that her son waited her to return home to teach him homework, and by the time they finished all work, it's already the bedtime, no time for stories or anything!  I felt sad for her when I first heard this, but I believed that gradually her son will be able to adapt and change, it just take longer than others only...

re your comments about reading scheme - workload is more on parents than kids, yes I agree with you on this too.  So many things for parents to do!  This already happened once when my son was in kindergarten (it uses project-approach), I don't want this to happen again thats why I'd chosen a traditional school... sigh... seems that we won't be able to avoid, haha...

[ 本文章最後由 i_am_mango 於 07-10-28 09:09 編輯 ]

8#
發表於 07-10-28 09:07 |只看該作者
原文章由 norakyng 於 07-10-27 23:56 硐表

I like Raimondi too as not much pressure gives to parents.
School exercises are enough.

I know what you mean - I could also feel that the school has been trying to train the kids on academics, they kept them doing exercises in school and so the kids won't feel too much when it comes to the real exams.  This relieves my stress when the real exams comes.  Now I can take him for leisure activities every weekends, no need to stay home doing revisions.  ha ha...

9#
發表於 07-10-28 11:37 |只看該作者

10#
發表於 07-10-28 15:31 |只看該作者
原文章由 Tatama123 於 07-10-28 11:37 硐表

I_am_mango,
聽你們講都好滿意呢間學校, 請問一班有多少人?

Almost 40!
That's why I worried... my son was in a kindergarten which uses "small class", but so far ok...

11#
發表於 07-10-28 15:32 |只看該作者
I had liked Raimondi for long, I'm happy just because it didn't disappoint me only.

12#
發表於 07-10-28 19:49 |只看該作者

13#
發表於 07-10-28 21:25 |只看該作者
原文章由 Tatama123 於 07-10-28 19:49 硐表
[quote]原文章由 i_am_mango 於 07-10-28 15:31 硐表

i_am_mango
Almost 40!   仲多人過津校, 老師點應付到咁多人?
一級有幾多班? 4 或5 ? 需要背書嗎? ...

yes ar!  so many!  but my son's class teacher is quite good, she teaches the class many subjects and knows clearly how everyone behaves gar.
3 classes for p.1 in total lor

so far no need to recite text.

14#
發表於 07-10-28 21:44 |只看該作者

15#
發表於 07-10-29 11:37 |只看該作者
請問課外活動後仲有冇校車? 還是要自行接走孩子?

16#
發表於 07-10-29 18:23 |只看該作者
Hi i_am_mango and ratafan,

That's why I didn't join any extra activities for my son, just give him more time to adopt to the school life in the first term, may be consider some in 2nd term.

Btw, how do you find their dictation?  For the English, it seems not that difficult, but for the Chinese, the teacher is a bit strict on the writing and 筆順.  Many corrections on writing and exercise sheets for Chinese Language and composition.

小天子

原文章由 i_am_mango 於 07-10-28 09:03 硐表

Hi ratafan, I agree with you - there are many tasks after school which I guess this is the life of a usual primary school kids going to a traditional primary school.  Once selected, this is the leve ...

17#
發表於 07-10-29 18:24 |只看該作者
Hi Micky,

There is school bus to take you home.  No need to worry.

Little Tin Che

原文章由 Micky 於 07-10-29 11:37 硐表
請問課外活動後仲有冇校車? 還是要自行接走孩子?

18#
發表於 07-10-29 20:52 |只看該作者

19#
發表於 07-10-29 22:30 |只看該作者
小天子, agreed with you on the strict approach of the teachers on the Chinese characters.  I think she isn't strict only on the 筆順, but also the very minor details.  I always overlooked those mistakes pointed out by the teacher.  But I think this is good.  It trains my kid to be more demanding and serious than before.
I also regret allowing him to learn violin.  He is already learning piano, but he requests me to let him learn violin.  I think it's primarily because he likes the way he "looks" holding the violin and the ownership of a violin makes him excited.  So I think I'll quit it after this course finish.  This would just be a game for him lar...

BTW, do you parents have younger kid?? I find problems allocating time between the 2 kids.  Seems I focus too much on this P1 prince, I don't have no time to tell the younger kid (still in Kinder) stories before bed... very guilty...

Tatama123, the time taken for them to complete homework really depends on a various factors:
- whether the homework is easy or not
- how concentrated your kid is (this would be affected by his physical condition on whether he's tired or not)
- how many pieces of homework there are in total
but mine could complete it within 2 hours (including the time for day-dreaming.)

原文章由 小天子 於 07-10-29 18:23 硐表

That's why I didn't join any extra activities for my son, just give him more time to adopt to the school life in the first term, may be consider some in 2nd term.

Btw, how ...

20#
發表於 07-10-29 23:11 |只看該作者
原文章由 小天子 於 07-10-29 18:23 硐表

Btw, how do you find their dictation?  For the English, it seems not that difficult, but for the Chinese, the teacher is a bit strict on the writing and 筆順.  Many corrections on writing and exercise sheets for Chinese Language and composition.

小天子

Hi, Little Tin Chi,

I didn't make my son join any of those after school activities too.

I found nothing special re dictation.

No or not much correction for my son on Chinese and composition, maybe his kindergarten was very strict on 筆順 too.

But yes, I agree with you, their teachers set high standards when correcting their exercises.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題