用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 大平反!(再改標題)小朋友一年睇千本書, 你認為可能嗎? ...
樓主: mcheung1
go

大平反!(再改標題)小朋友一年睇千本書, 你認為可能嗎? [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 07-11-9 10:53 |只看該作者

Dear annie40 and Kate,

I revisited this forum after a long time away and came across your posts.  Good, something worth reading finally.  It sickens me that the lively exchange between you two has been turned into a catfight.  Do not feel discouraged.  I enjoy reading your posts and am sure I am not alone.

BTW, what is the big deal about 1,000 books a year?  Search me.

42#
發表於 07-11-9 12:34 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

43#
發表於 07-11-9 20:15 |只看該作者

44#
發表於 07-11-9 20:31 |只看該作者

45#
發表於 07-11-10 10:09 |只看該作者
Dear Christf,

To admit making a mistake is not a big deal !!!!

Agree. No problem. Absolutely.

Fine, someone might have made a mistake.  But, what is the big deal?  What I cannot understand is why some people are so much concerned about the number of books a kid can read in a day, a month, a year.  There are some bigger and more important issues in Annie's and Kate's posts but nobody seems interested.  Let's say Annie's made a mistake in saying that her kid can read a thousand books of 200-500 pages.  So what? What the heck does it have to do with the points she made?  Does her points become less valid because her kid can only read five hundred books a year instead of a thousand?  I for one do not care whether Annie's kid or anybody's kid can read five hundred or a thousand books.  In fact, I would congratulate you if you tell me your boy is writing a biliography on J.S. Bach.  By the way, I have no reason to believe that it is impossible for a kid to READ a thousand books in a year.  I would be silly of me if I let myself be limited by my own experience and knowledge, which is very limited indeed.  After all, the world is much larger than I can imagine.

[ 本文章最後由 warrrren 於 07-11-10 10:16 編輯 ]

46#
發表於 07-11-10 11:21 |只看該作者

47#
發表於 07-11-10 18:12 |只看該作者
Dear Annie123,

Everybody can doubt what the other Annie says.  I myself have doubt.  However, as I do not know Annie and her kid personally, it is not up to me accuse her of lying.   As Christf says, it takes a genius to read a thousand books a year.  But who am I to say that Annie's girl is not one of those little geniuses?  Why should the two sides engage in lengthy arguments when neither side can prove or disprove anything?

48#
發表於 07-11-10 23:54 |只看該作者

49#
發表於 07-11-11 10:13 |只看該作者

50#
發表於 07-11-12 10:50 |只看該作者
再講落去真係冇乜意思,相信大多數父母上BK都係想揾料,向其他父母取經、交流吓,都係為咗自己小朋友嘅將來,正面的交流、分享吓、互相學習和幫助原是好事,一旦變為互相攻擊,又對誰有益處呢?

開始時Annie40講個女睇1000本書,我只覺得「咁誇張」?但都冇立即回應,亦未預料會引發連番爭辯。但同一句說話看在不同人的眼裏就有不同的效果,有家長可能會問﹕「佢個女咁叻,點解我個仔唔得嘅?」做成情緒不安。判斷力好嘅就回應都「費事」,覺得係亂噏。又有D理性D嘅會計吓數,睇吓合唔合理。有D會話﹕「沒甚麽是不可能的,我身邊也有這樣的孩子。」但人就是喜歡比較的,能真正做到「她的孩子做到了又與人何干?」的又有多少人?

之前有個幼稚園家長都話自己個女一晚睇八十幾本書,有家長請教她,她只是confirm話係事實,沒有人再討論下去,也就不了了之。我只覺得Annie40可能誇張咗,甚至有人用「說謊」來形容她,但是否有必要澄清呢?可能她的孩子真的能做到,又或者她的所謂閱讀其實只是browse吓,與其繼續作出無謂的揣測,變成互相攻擊,不如就當她的孩子就是這樣的有天份。我想大家會同意的是﹕一年看1000本200-500頁的書,絕不是一般指標,對嗎?我想這樣大家會開心D。

51#
發表於 07-11-12 19:16 |只看該作者
1000本...

上次去幼稚園家長講座,也聽到一位家長說她的小朋友K1已讀過千多本書...?  

速讀當然是一個很好的技能,但是要學好英文,或是任何一種語言,應該多看些有養分的書。如果一直讀同一個水平的書...不會覺得無趣嗎?

Harry Potter這類流行小說只能算是消遣。
laughin' to keep from cryin'

52#
發表於 07-11-13 09:39 |只看該作者

53#
發表於 07-11-13 16:14 |只看該作者

54#
發表於 07-11-13 20:33 |只看該作者
It is important for kids (and adults) to have a balanced life. In their spare time, they could play some sports, watch some TV programms like news, Discovery, National Geography, etc., and just play and have some fun, in addition to reading. I believe that most parents do not want their kids to be 'book worms'.

55#
發表於 07-11-13 22:36 |只看該作者

56#
發表於 07-11-15 12:52 |只看該作者
原文章由 annie40 於 07-11-5 17:16 硐表
Regret to raise queries about reading book q'ty and
level.   I just want to encourage parents to give more relaxed parenting method for children.   The answer would be well understood by those parent ...

Dear all,

Did you get the point?
Why there're always some parents so "細眉細眼" and like to attack others.

57#
發表於 07-11-19 19:22 |只看該作者
I just have a hard time to relate reading 600 pages of books per day to 'relaxed parenting'. Perhaps I am "細眉細眼". But like Anson Chan is saying in her bit for LegCo, the devil is in the details.

58#
發表於 07-11-19 22:46 |只看該作者

Hello

Annie,

Thanks for your reply, and it is encouraging. "Geniune interest to learn" is exactly what I am ooking for.

My son now 22 months and has joined YC playgroup for 8 months. In recent weeks, he starts to pick up book to read/ flip, though I know he is not really read. But glad he has a start.

I always remind myself to allow sufficient time for child to learn. I recall one thing I like YC, as belows:
When I first joined YC, teacher there keep remind me and my maid, "don't always hold his hands to do things, he will observe, learn. If he has confident, he will act it out. If you always hold his hands, he has no chance to work and teacher will not know whether you (adult) do it or your son do it. Also, it makes them difficult to observe your child progress " You know, parents do not want to waste money and time, and try the best to help the child, when do movement, dancing...etc. Anyway, I listened to them. Few weeks later, my son can act them out and enjoy a lots. I also find that whenever he attend the lesson, he pay very good attention (during story time, song time) to teachers. So, I do think they do remind me in a good way and let my child with good exposure for self learning.

By the way, I am not here to sell YC, but just share 1 thing they do help(remind) me a lot. I really think if school/teacher can observe your child and provide comments to you/ your child may make major difference.

I look forward to know more about good International school or any school who devoted to inspire child. Anyway, I have long long way to go as my son is only 22 months. Appreciate if any of you provide more sharing on good school.

Thanks.
Kate

59#
發表於 07-11-20 13:00 |只看該作者
Dear Kate,

Hereunder is a very inspired book for parents that was highly recommended by Mr Lam Hang Chi of The Hong Kong Economic Journal (Shun Pao) for his daughter, Lam Zai Shan, when she had a new born baby a few years ago.  In that article  Mr Lam advised her daughter not hurt her son by trying too hard , and in fact, that's not necessary.

The Over-Scheduled Child:
by Alvin Rosenfeld, Nicole Wise, and Robert Coles

If I don't remember wrong, Miss Lam is very brilliant and had got her doctor degree when she's about 21 years old.  I always puzzles how could she do it.  But life is not fair.  Her father and she should have gripped some kind of wise about learning and life.

It could be one of very important guide books for us.

60#
發表於 07-11-20 14:50 |只看該作者
‹ 上一主題|下一主題