4#
發表於 07-9-11 09:13 |只看該作者
都唔係每個月俾的。是一次過俾的,so far我俾了2百幾蚊做stationery費,4百幾蚊做中文書薄費。

5#
發表於 07-9-11 09:19 |只看該作者
原文章由 tweetybird 於 07-9-11 09:13 硐表

tweetybird,

May I know which Chinese textbooks at which level is your kid studying in RC Y1 (as I remember)?  And is there any division of students into different level groups for Chinese teaching from Y1 to 3?

Thanks.

[ 本文章最後由 WYmom 於 07-9-11 09:26 編輯 ]

6#
發表於 07-9-11 09:33 |只看該作者
原文章由 tweetybird 於 07-9-11 09:13 硐表

Thank you very much

7#
發表於 07-9-11 10:38 |只看該作者
Hi WYmom,

RC Y1 is using"晶晶出版社" local K3 Chinese books.  My son and his friends are in different chinese classes with different teachers but their learning progress are the same.  They learnt quite a lot in school in the past two weeks.  They have Putonghua pinyin,  chinese handwriting and many mandarin songs. RC's Year one Chinese program is better than what I expected.

8#
發表於 07-9-11 10:46 |只看該作者
原文章由 WYmom 於 07-9-11 09:19 硐表

tweetybird,

May I know which Chinese textbooks at which level is your kid studying in RC Y1 (as I remember)?  And is there any division of students into different level groups for Chinese teaching  ...

WYMOM

他們要求的中文書是晶晶系列來的,有寫,有睇的。我女兒就讀Y1。我聽個小學校長講,他們是根據每個小朋友的中文程度而去分班的。唔代表你平時同班的同學會一齊上中文堂的。會跟番同/接近中文程度的小朋友一齊上的,每日一堂。我個女係Inter 2。

我有問番一些Year 2的家長,覺得其實RC的中文比出面的學校真係一點都唔差的。

9#
發表於 07-9-11 10:59 |只看該作者
原文章由 WYmom 於 07-9-11 09:19 硐表

tweetybird,

May I know which Chinese textbooks at which level is your kid studying in RC Y1 (as I remember)?  And is there any division of students into different level groups for Chinese teaching  ...

All years (primary and secondary) are divided into 2 main groups: CNL (Chinese as Native Language) and CFL (Chinese as Foreign Language). Non-chinese kids and chinese kids that know very little Chinese go to CFL. Chinese kids with Chinese knowledge goes to CNL. CNL is again divided into 2 levels - CNL1 and CNL2 (CNL1 has higher Chinese standard). For certain year levels, the CFL might also be divided into 2 levels (I know some secondary years have 2 classes). I think it all depend on the demand (ie, if there are more non-Chinese students, they need to have 2 classes).
CNL use local text books in traditional characters (Longman) and they are usually 1 year behind (Year 5 would use local P3 text books), including secondary school. CNL1 and CNL2 mostly use the same set of textbooks but I am sure they are teaching the children differently, ie CNL1 will be doing more challenging work.

10#
發表於 07-9-11 11:22 |只看該作者
原文章由 bawt 於 07-9-11 10:59 硐表

All years (primary and secondary) are divided into 2 main groups: CNL (Chinese as Native Language) and CFL (Chinese as Foreign Language). Non-chinese kids and chinese kids that know very little Chin ...

bawt,

Thanks a lot for your detail reply.  This is quite different from Discovery College then, maybe because they just open.  They don't devide the students into 2 groups in Y1 to 3, streamline only starts from Y4, maybe because majority of the students are non-Chinese.  The cirriculum now is same as Bauhinia School with PYP.  For Chinese, seems that RC is better than DC.

tweetybird, Tingmum,

Thanks for your sharing.

[ 本文章最後由 WYmom 於 07-9-11 11:29 編輯 ]

11#
發表於 07-9-11 11:29 |只看該作者
原文章由 WYmom 於 07-9-11 11:22 硐表

bawt,

Thanks a lot for your detail reply.  This is quite different from Discovery College then, maybe because they just open.  They don't devide the students into 2 groups in Y1 to 3, streamline on ...

Sorry. I must clarify. This is what I know from Year 3 onwards. I know nobody from Years 1 and 2. But I would think they should also have classes for different levels of Chinese since there are always people coming and going. And for those western children, some might know no Chinese at all, they cannot possibly use the K3 textbooks. So I guess, they should have at least 2 levels of Chinese classes. May be Years 1 and 2 parents can clarify this point.

DC would not be the same since I think they are only half the size of RC and they probably have even more non-chinese kids.  It be difficult for them to really divide the children into smaller groups. But I would think that eventually, they would be able to divide into at least 2 groups, one for complete beginners and one for those who have a little knowledge of chinese. For RC, 2 normal classes are having Chinese classes at exactly the same time slot, so that the children will split into 3 (or 4) different chinese classes. So if there are at least 2 classes of children at DC each year, they can easily do the splitting. I would not be too worried.

[ 本文章最後由 bawt 於 07-9-11 11:40 編輯 ]

12#
發表於 07-9-11 14:13 |只看該作者
My girl is studying in RC Y1. She told me that some of her classmates would go to another classroom during the Chinese lesson.

She sings Putonghua songs everyday and I am not sure if she has any Chinese words to write during class as there is no homework so far. I have been asking her if she writes anything during class but she said not.

Anyone else can share?

13#
發表於 07-9-11 14:24 |只看該作者
原文章由 Wingba 於 07-9-11 14:13 硐表
My girl is studying in RC Y1. She told me that some of her classmates would go to another classroom during the Chinese lesson.

She sings Putonghua songs everyday and I am not sure if she has any Chin ...

Wingba

我相信一定有呢。因為我女兒本身是一粒中文字都唔識寫的,但有一日我放工回家問她係學校學了什麼,她說寫字呢。我叫她寫俾我睇,她寫了一,二,三,四呢...我係個一刻很開心呢。^^

14#
發表於 07-9-11 17:52 |只看該作者
Tweetybird,

Thanks for the sharing. I only learned about how much she had done at school during the primary curriculum night on 5 Sept.

Perhaps like her class teacher said children usually said they had forgotten everything they had done at school. We have to act like CSI to "question" her in order to know more about what have happened at school.

Cheers

15#
發表於 07-9-11 23:40 |只看該作者
My daughter is studing in Year 7 at RC, she is using P6 (Long Man) text book this year.

16#
發表於 07-9-12 00:02 |只看該作者
原文章由 samkwan 於 07-9-11 23:40 硐表
My daughter is studing in Year 7 at RC, she is using P6 (Long Man) text book this year.

Hi nice to meet Yr 7 parents here...so do you know if Yr 7 is divided into 2 or 3 groups for Chinese?  My son is using P5 Chinese text book so probably he's at the lower class...though he is from a local school doing P5 before coming to RC!

17#
發表於 07-9-12 09:39 |只看該作者
原文章由 Wingba 於 07-9-11 17:52 硐表
Tweetybird,

Thanks for the sharing. I only learned about how much she had done at school during the primary curriculum night on 5 Sept.

Perhaps like her class teacher said children usually said they ...

有時我女兒會講多些,有時就說忘記了。所以我都無迫她說的,她喜歡說就說,有時真係迫唔到。所以有時我都會send email俾她的老師詢問有關的情況的。其實你可以問你小朋友的class teacher取有關學科老師的email address,你可以send俾她們問的。

18#
發表於 07-9-12 23:19 |只看該作者
Does any parent know if RC has parents day meaning parents meeting teachers to talk about how the kids have been doing at school...I mean more individual time?  We used to have these at exam results time at local school, at least to listen to the teachers how the results are and what improvements are needed!  Not sure about how this is done with IS.  And actually how many exams they have in a year?  Sorry for the questions....they do look a bit stupid if I ask their teachers directly!: :

19#
發表於 07-9-12 23:43 |只看該作者
認識前年從本地校轉RC的, 今年Y7讀跟傳統學校同步同期的中文班.

20#
發表於 07-9-12 23:54 |只看該作者
Hi hjm,

She was using P4 local text book when she was studing in Y6. This year, year 7 have 3 chinese class, 1 for CNL and they are using P6 test book (same level as local school), 1 for CNL and using P5 test book (1 level lower), the other one is for CFL (using very simple text book).

The teacher will based on their level and recommend the chinese class for each student, student can have an option to study on higher level or lower level(if they don't like to study higher lever even the teacher recommend).

There is no exam for Primary. Only Secondary school have exem. They will have test or assissment during the class but they will not inform the parent in advance.

There will be a 3 way conference (meeting with teacher) scheduled in Oct, last year, we need to set our object with teacher, student and parent, you can make use of this meeting to check the kid status. You can also write on the daily book to request to meet with the teacher if necessary (I did that last year). All the teachers are very nice...

Sam's mom
‹ 上一主題|下一主題