搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF - SJS Parents Please Share
發新帖
查看: 2027|回覆: 12
go

ESF - SJS Parents Please Share [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-8-23 13:27 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My daughter just got in the school in P2. May I know PE lesson just take place in Day 2 only?

Does anyone have the timetable of P2 that can share with us? Since it was a hurry in changing school, we do not have enough info regarding the school at all.

Thanks!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 07-8-24 00:03 |只看該作者
P2 PE lesson is on Day 2, but will be another one "games" lesson, different classes will be on a different day.  Your kid's teacher will let you know.

原文章由 AAA-Mom 於 07-8-23 13:27 發表
My daughter just got in the school in P2. May I know PE lesson just take place in Day 2 only?

Does anyone have the timetable of P2 that can share with us? Since it was a hurry in changing scho ...

3#
發表於 07-8-25 12:10 |只看該作者
Thanks! Kathiema.

My girl says its like a baby school, so funny. (she says the class teacher treats them like babies.)

By the way, do you have any comments of the after school mandarin lesson? and the dramarama class, too?

Thanks!

原文章由 kathiema 於 07-8-24 00:03 硐表
P2 PE lesson is on Day 2, but will be another one "games" lesson, different classes will be on a different day.  Your kid's teacher will let you know.

4#
發表於 07-8-25 18:17 |只看該作者
Could the parents of Shatin Junior give more comments on this school?  I plan to apply P1 for my girl on Sept.  How is the discipline in the school?

thank you so much.

5#
發表於 07-8-25 20:37 |只看該作者
I believe this is one of the best among ESF schools and also all int'l schools. I've heard many comments that the academic standard and results are really high and good.

原文章由 Incredible 於 07-8-25 18:17 硐表
Could the parents of Shatin Junior give more comments on this school?  I plan to apply P1 for my girl on Sept.  How is the discipline in the school?

thank you so much.

6#
發表於 07-8-26 23:33 |只看該作者
Dear Kathiema,

May I know the Chinese teaching standard in SJS? Does your kid need extra learning in Chinese (putonghua)? How many chinese lesson per cycle?

Appreciate your sharing very much!

7#
發表於 07-8-27 19:18 |只看該作者
The first few weeks are familization, it's for teacher and children to get used to each other, routine, etc.  There will be assessments too, just letter names, sounds, HFW words, numbers etc.

I have no comments on the afterschool mandarin class or drama, sorry.

Hope your daughter enjoys learning in sjs.

原文章由 AAA-Mom 於 07-8-25 12:10 硐表
Thanks! Kathiema.

My girl says its like a baby school, so funny. (she says the class teacher treats them like babies.)

By the way, do you have any comments of the after school mandarin lesson? and t ...

8#
發表於 07-8-27 23:41 |只看該作者
Sorry, no comment on the Chinese teaching standard in SJS.  My kids do not study there now, they'd already graduated.  They didnt need extra lessons.  Lower years approx. 1:45 to 2:45 hrs per cycle, upper years approx. 3:30 hrs per cycle.  Hope these help.

原文章由 AAA-Mom 於 07-8-26 23:33 硐表
Dear Kathiema,

May I know the Chinese teaching standard in SJS? Does your kid need extra learning in Chinese (putonghua)? How many chinese lesson per cycle?

Appreciate your sharing very much!

[ 本文章最後由 kathiema 於 07-8-27 23:47 編輯 ]

9#
發表於 07-8-27 23:49 |只看該作者
Hi SJS mommies:

My son will have interview for SJS p1 later.  I also want to know more about it.  The most concern for me is the trafnsportation.  As I know most of the students are not living in the same district, even some of them are living far far away like Yuen Long, Fairview Garden... and they are rely on school bus all the way, I guess.  I always wonder how do they get home if they have the after-school activities.  Will the school bus wait for them, or the parents pick them up individually.  Do you have any experience?

I've already check their school bus route previously and found that they will not serve our district (in Kwai Chung).  Do you think they will do a favor to us if the school bus pass by? (they said they only serve Tsing Yi area currently but no stop in Kwai Chung).  

I really want him to study there as I know its a v. good school, however, this is the barrier for me if it can't be solved.  Hoped that anyone of you could share your experience.  

[ 本文章最後由 hokittyho 於 07-8-27 23:56 編輯 ]

10#
發表於 07-8-28 08:39 |只看該作者
I only know that private school bus will pick children up    again at 4:30pm which will fit in the school activities for those that end early say 3:40pm, they have to wait till 4:30pm as well.  I am not sure if PTA school bus does the same.

For going to Kwai Chung, u can phone to see if any school bus do that but chance not high as this is not the district covered by SJS.

discipline is OK but occassionally i did heard sth about bullying, but more a boy-matter than girls.

My girl is in P2 as well, she has taken home a schedule for the cycle.  check with the teacher if u miss that.

11#
發表於 07-8-28 09:17 |只看該作者
原文章由 hokittyho 於 07-8-27 23:49 硐表
Hi SJS mommies:

My son will have interview for SJS p1 later.  I also want to know more about it.  The most concern for me is the trafnsportation.  As I know most of the students are not living in the ...

School bus of ESF schools only serves students living within the designated school zones. Kwai Chung seems not to fall within zone of SJS.  Do you mean you apply with another address?

12#
發表於 07-8-28 23:52 |只看該作者
原文章由 WYmom 於 07-8-28 09:17 硐表

School bus of ESF schools only serves students living within the designated school zones. Kwai Chung seems not to fall within zone of SJS.  Do you mean you apply with another address?

Oooooh....  I'm really a dum dum dum dum mommy.  Pls let me go to hell.......

WYmom, thank your v. much for reminding me.  I've just discovered I've made the mistake for what a long time.....  I heard my friend said her nephew was living in Tsuen Wan and studying in SJS, also having the information about Tsing Yi is the zone covered by SJS... all added up, I've made my own conclusion and didn't verified.  What a stupid mommy am I!!!

Our area is covered by Beacon Hill instead...  Do anyone here know about this school?  I couldn't found any comment from the internet.  Is it good?  Pls help.  

I'm wondering if my son is studying in TY ESF, can we still apply SJS with exceptions on living area condition?  Anyone has experience?

13#
發表於 07-8-30 14:26 |只看該作者
No. I dun think there will be any exceptions. I think when you send in the application to the central centre, they will put you back into the school that in your zone.

原文章由 hokittyho 於 07-8-28 23:52 硐表

Oooooh....  I'm really a dum dum dum dum mommy.  Pls let me go to hell.......

WYmom, thank your v. much for reminding me.  I've just discovered I've made the mistake for wha ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題