用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 請問愉景灣既Discovery Mind 抑或Sunshine house 好d? ...
發新帖
查看: 5684|回覆: 14
go

請問愉景灣既Discovery Mind 抑或Sunshine house 好d? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-8-14 16:53 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
有無人有experience呢? 我想幫bb報playgroup, 應該咩age先開始呢?

:idea:
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 07-8-14 22:34 |只看該作者
There is a long waiting list for DMK in DB and so i suggest you to put your child's name down as soon as he/she turns one.

My son started at tworiffic then followed by nursery at DMK. He has always been very happy there and the teachers are great.

The only down side is DMK has extra long hoilday and I know that they have put up their fees a lot for this coming year.

I guess you don't have much choices in DB unless you choose the private playgroup instead.

Good luck.

3#
發表於 07-8-15 17:03 |只看該作者

請問愉景灣既Discovery Mind 抑或Sunshine house 好d?

Hi Happy mum,

How about Sunshine house then? Heard anything
about it? Are those teachers & students mostly expatriates or chinese?

Thx!

原文章由 happy_mum 於 07-8-14 22:34 發表
There is a long waiting list for DMK in DB and so i suggest you to put your child's name down as soon as he/she turns one.

My son started at tworiffic then followed by nursery at DMK. He has a ...

4#
發表於 07-8-16 18:18 |只看該作者
To be honest with you. I do not know too much about Sunshine house, but most people that I associate with would prefer DMK.

In regarding the teachers,I heard that the teachers are quite unstable, I mean they come and go which I personally do not think it is a good thing for small children.

I am not sure about their teachers are expat or local, but I think you can easily find out by just asking the school. But I often see the assistance of Sunshine house classes are "english speaking asain ladies", but they do not look like local teachers either.

If you are not living too far from DB, prehaps it is worthed to visit the school before enrolling your child.

Btw, nursey starts at the age of two but you have to enroll early as I said schooling in DB is very competitive.

5#
發表於 07-8-22 15:40 |只看該作者

原文章由 happy_mum 於 07-8-16 18:18 發表
To be honest with you. I do not know too much about Sunshine house, but most people that I associate with would prefer DMK.

In regarding the teachers,I heard that the teachers are quite unsta ...

Hi happy mum,

Do you mind telling me why not DBIS? I've read it's website from time to time and some items like message from principal are not updated (it always say the site is under reviewed.....) even til now! As I know there is a new principal on board, I think they should be more proactive and serious, but can't feel it even from its website.....:-|

Thx!

6#
發表於 07-8-23 00:41 |只看該作者
Hi Riesling,

My son was accepted by DBIS and I didn't choose the school at the end, as I really didn't like the way that we ( parents and children) were treated by the school.

First of all, I do unstand that every school has their up and down side, however, I still hasn't discover any up side of DBIS but lots of down side.

I enrolled my son 1 week after he was born. (no kidding here) We heard nothing from the school (no update on waiting list) for a good 2 1/2 years but just the notice regarding the debenture until early April this year, and we were told that my son was on number 95 on the waiting list so therewas little chance to get in but to pay the premium debenture. By then , most of the schools have already confirm their acceptance and as we didn't hear anything from DBIS, we have planned to stay in DMK and paid for all the placement fee.

By May, we were finally informed by DBIS that my son was accepted and we had 1 week to come up with the debenture and placement fee to secure his place. I was really upset with this and I think DBIS is just doing this because DB people do not have any other choice at the moment, in other words, they can screw you in whatever way they want.

As they do not offer any Chinese at all in kindergarten, and the waiting list is long only because of it is the only school in DB, and the school has no facilities at all, so why do I still want to send my son there if I have a choice of PIS in 2 years time?

Both me and my husband are taking the chance of PIS or moving out to town for a better school if we have to. I am not gonna pay for a very expansive convienence by staying in DBIS.

Cheers

原文章由 Riesling 於 07-8-22 15:40 發表

Hi happy mum,

Do you mind telling me why not DBIS? I've read it's website from time to time and some items like message from principal are not updated (it always say the site is under re ...

7#
發表於 07-8-23 15:27 |只看該作者

Hi happy mum,

Oh, this kind of attitude is totally unacceptable! There is no point to get in if they are doing education in this way and don't even ask people to pay PREMIUM debenture!!! There are lots of better choice by paying this kind of fees!!

It seems that they put their focus on 'fees' far more than students and parents, don't even mention enthusiam towards education!

Actually, I am thinking of having my bb study in DB for nursery and kindergarden, but may move out for other IS once she's getting into primary school. DBIS is definetly not a choice and so the only option seems to be Discovery College, for which I'm not sure what's the edge, other than an IS, to my perception.....

Thx v much for your sharing anyway, its really helpful as I need word of mouth besides infor. by some websites or books, which is always informative only....

Cheers

原文章由 happy_mum 於 07-8-23 00:41 發表
Hi Riesling,

My son was accepted by DBIS and I didn't choose the school at the end, as I really didn't like the way that we ( parents and children) were treated by the school.

First of all, ...

8#
發表於 07-8-23 18:16 |只看該作者
I send my boy to DMK since he was 2.  I personally don't quite like it, so do some of my friends who also send their children there.

Now, our children are 3 and all are studying in other kindergartens, except for one who doesn't want to spend time on the road.

DMK, the playgroup, uses local teachers to teach.  Not all of them can speck fluently according to what I have seen.  What you can expect from a kindergarten teacher!  I don't think they can say that they are an international playgroup if their teacher's english standard is just like that.  However, they charge you an international kindergarten tution.

9#
發表於 07-8-23 18:30 |只看該作者

Hi chickenlittle,

I see......so, do you mind telling me which kindergarden your children is studying outside DB, is it IS? Just for reference. Btw, what do you think for the other two, sunshine house and DBIS? also sounds not good.........

Thx!

原文章由 Chikenlittle 於 07-8-23 18:16 發表
I send my boy to DMK since he was 2.  I personally don't quite like it, so do some of my friends who also send their children there.

Now, our children are 3 and all are studying in other kinde ...

10#
發表於 07-8-25 17:11 |只看該作者
原文章由 Riesling 於 07-8-23 18:30 硐表
Hi chickenlittle,

I see......so, do you mind telling me which kindergarden your children is studying outside DB, is it IS? Just for reference. Btw, what do you think for the other two, sunshine house ...

I finally chose ESF at Tsing Yi because of the location, turned down Victoria at CWB and KCIS.  He is only 3 so I don't want him spend too much time on the road.

I don't know much about Sunshine House but the impression from my 2 visits was not very good and also the commend from the people I know.  I think people think the teachers are not stable and the school is so cool to CHINESE. (they did not know it's the same for DMK!)  Even for the campus, I think it is small.

About DBIS, it was too late when I started to look for school for my son so it's never on my list.  And, I was told that the school provides quite simple materials so the level is not very good, but not sure.

About DMK, I really don't know why people think the teachers are so nice and care!  Nice is OK but care is really .... I remember there was a time that my son was admitted into hospital and I was so busy taking care of him so I forgot to inform the school.  When I finally realized that I forgot, it was almost a week and no one called me from the school to check on it.  I chatted with the receptionist sometimes later, she said it should not be happended and the teacher should call.  How do I know!

He was 2 when he was in DMK.  There was so many time that he came home with messy diaper (he had not toilet trained that time), in-side-out socks, jactet left in school ...  One of my friends who also complainted that her girl hurt herself in school and no one informed her.  Even she called and they said they did not see.  But, there was wound in her body.

I don't know....  There are always bad and good commands about a school.  Good luck!

11#
發表於 07-8-26 15:19 |只看該作者

wow, it sounds so terrible!!
so, how's your son in ESF Tsing Yi? can he speak native english by studying there? As one of the main reason I want my bb to study in IS is the language capacity, I think so do most of the parents who put their children in IS........

I have also considered Victoria, it seems v popular outside, do you have any comment? Is it you just don't want him to spend time on the rd the reason why you turned down the offer? Besides, how old was you son when you tried to apply DBIS for him?

sorry for so many questions! appreciate your view!

Thx! :)

原文章由 Chikenlittle 於 07-8-25 17:11 硐表

I finally chose ESF at Tsing Yi because of the location, turned down Victoria at CWB and KCIS.  He is only 3 so I don't want him spend too much time on the road.

I don't know much about Sunshine Ho ...

12#
發表於 07-8-27 16:58 |只看該作者
原文章由 Riesling 於 07-8-26 15:19 硐表
wow, it sounds so terrible!!
so, how's your son in ESF Tsing Yi? can he speak native english by studying there? As one of the main reason I want my bb to study in IS is the language capacity, I think  ...

Do you receive my PM?

13#
發表於 07-8-27 20:04 |只看該作者

No, I didn't receive it..............

原文章由 Chikenlittle 於 07-8-27 16:58 硐表

Do you receive my PM?

14#
發表於 07-8-28 16:46 |只看該作者
原文章由 Riesling 於 07-8-27 20:04 硐表
No, I didn't receive it..............

Too bad! I knew it because it was not in my send box.

15#
發表於 07-8-28 19:02 |只看該作者

haha, try it again if you don't mind!

Cheers!

原文章由 Chikenlittle 於 07-8-28 16:46 硐表

Too bad! I knew it because it was not in my send box.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題