用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Any Australian International School Parents?
發新帖
查看: 1990|回覆: 12
go

Any Australian International School Parents? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-8-12 21:58 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
To all AIS parents,

Would like to know your comments on the school and your reason for choosing this school.

Thanks
   1    0    0    0

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

2#
發表於 07-8-12 22:20 |只看該作者
I'm also thinking of enroling my daughter to AIS after P6, as I plan to let her study abroad (Aust is one of the choices) when she grows up.
My friend's daughter went to Aust for one semester (she should be in F2), then she has to come back due to accommodation problem....And she's studying in AIS happily now. Her parents are planning to send her back to Aust some years later, when she becomes more independent and mature. AIS credits are being recognised by Aust schools.
I know they'll arrange interview when they've received a number of applications. However, my friend's daughter didn't have to attend interview at all 'cos she achieved outstanding academic standard in Aust.
But the girls says there're many home reading and projects to be done, so busy!
原文章由 happy_mum 於 07-8-12 21:58 發表
To all AIS parents,

Would like to know your comments on the school and your reason for choosing this school.

Thanks

3#
發表於 07-8-13 07:22 |只看該作者
Charlotte_mum

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry to say that it has never worried me that whether the school in Aus would not credit the result of any school in from HK. Although my family do plan to go back to Aus in a few years time and my son would eventually study there.

I personally grew up in Aus and graduated from Curtin University in Perth. Honestly speaking, as far as I remember, the early years of schooling in Aus was very easy and stress free.   It wasn't until year 11 and year 12 then everyone seems to be working very hard in preparation for the entry of university.

However, my only concern is the level of Chinese study for my son and that is one of the reason why i would consider another over AIS.

I went through some hard time as a Chinese "looking" person without any Chinese qualification and in a sociaty like HK and it was hard for me to just to find a job. (I am working for a foreign company now) I think with the world market all turning into China and i personlly think the demand for Chinese would only be greater in the future.

原文章由 Charlotte_mom 於 07-8-12 22:20 發表
I'm also thinking of enroling my daughter to AIS after P6, as I plan to let her study abroad (Aust is one of the choices) when she grows up.
My friend's daughter went to Aust for one semester (s ...

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

4#
發表於 07-8-13 11:21 |只看該作者
Oops! I'vd been to AIS for a few times (for some open competition with my daughter).
I see some Chinese "masterpieces" showing on the board made by AIS students, and be honest, they can't be considered as "up-to-standard" ie some grown-up students still writing very simple Chinese characters. What I don't understand is, they seem to be learning simplified Chinese characters!
(any AIS parents correct me if this is wrong.....)
Basically, the Chinese level of IS students can't always be compared with local students. Just look at my daughter, she has finished learning all Mandarin Pinyin by P1! (That's why I want her to finish her primary studies in a local school)
If you consider Chinese important, why don't you consider ISF? I was told by a teacher that ISF staff salary is very high (hahaha, so low turnover rate). And although school fee is high, they spend every penny on students. Class size is small and staff are loving!
原文章由 happy_mum 於 07-8-13 07:22 發表
Charlotte_mum

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry to say that it has never worried me that whether the school in Aus would not credit the result of any school in from HK. Although my family do pla ...

5#
發表於 07-8-13 21:04 |只看該作者
Hi Charlotte_mum,

First of all, sorry to say that as I wasn't educated in HK and I simply don't know too many school in HK. I am still confuse with all the options( IS, loacal school, private school, through-train school?) that people can have in HK.

I honestly don't know too much about ISF. As I just went on their  web-site and found out that they offer a full day (full time whatever it is called)for the foundation year which the kids would only be 4 years old? I personally find that this is too long of a day for a 4 years old. I can accept an older kid attend a full day school but not at the age of 4.

Well, I do not expect my child to speak perfect Chinese as we don't have the environment for him here in HK. All I want is that he could have certain standard of Chinese which he would not have to go through what I went through.:cry:

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

6#
發表於 07-8-14 10:08 |只看該作者
My son (3.5yrs) has just started to attend a full day local nursery. And he enjoys the schoolife very much!
Come on! Don't think schoolife is stressful (particular in an IS). Actually I didn't intend to put my son to a full day nursery at the beginning but........well, I guess it's a very good opportunity for him to get independent (eg feed himself, get changed, take initiative to ask for help etc)
My son goes to school happily everyday, and greets me happily when I pick him up after school. That makes me feel warm! And I anticipate some more good changes!
My in-laws complained when I sent my 2-year-old daughter to nursery, they said 幾十年流流長,駛咩咁心急讀書. Then they noticed how happy my daughter was. When they asked her to kiss goodbye at school, my daughter became impatient 'cause she wanted to play with her friends and found kissing a "waste of time"
原文章由 happy_mum 於 07-8-13 09:04 PM 發表
Hi Charlotte_mum,

First of all, sorry to say that as I wasn't educated in HK and I simply don't know too many school in HK. I am still confuse with all the options( IS, loacal school, private  ...

7#
發表於 07-8-14 10:52 |只看該作者
[quote]原文章由 happy_mum 於 07-8-13 21:04 發表
I personally find that this is too long of a day for a 4 years old. I can accept an older kid attend a full day school but not at the age of 4.]

The minimum age for admission to ISF's foundation year is 4y and 8m.  This is the same as the requirement for admission to the foundation year/pre-school year/elementary year/preliminary year/preparatory school in other international schools.  See http://www.isf.edu.hk/eng/Downloads/Foundation%20Q%20&%20A.pdf

[ 本文章最後由 tingtingting 於 07-8-14 10:59 編輯 ]

8#
發表於 07-8-14 20:16 |只看該作者
My sone studied in AIS for one term at Year 1 when we came back from Aust.  It was stress and work free, but really paying that money I felt like I was not getting the full value.  My son is a little troublesome too but I expected the teacher to help him more, especially at that age.  She only complained to me.

But it is still one of my choices when I reconsidered sending my son to IS after local prmary education.  Only they do not have vacancies for this and next year so I tried an ESF instead.

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

9#
發表於 07-8-15 10:58 |只看該作者
You mean the teachers are not so loving? Um.........
How about academic standard?
原文章由 hjm 於 07-8-14 08:16 PM 發表
My sone studied in AIS for one term at Year 1 when we came back from Aust.  It was stress and work free, but really paying that money I felt like I was not getting the full value.  My son is a li ...

10#
發表於 07-8-15 13:58 |只看該作者
I also planning to let my son enrolling AIS year 1, may I know more comments for thier earlier child  education.

11#
發表於 07-8-27 19:25 |只看該作者
Mind you: AIS is American International School, AISHK is Australian International School.

12#
發表於 07-8-28 19:13 |只看該作者

Any Australian International School Parents?

very happy to get infor. about ISF from you, it's one of my target IS for my gal. It's also great to know that they are planning to have kindergarden soo, do you know more about their plan for kindergarden? or anything about ISF.

Thx! :)

原文章由 tingtingting 於 07-8-14 10:52 硐表
[quote]原文章由 happy_mum 於 07-8-13 21:04 發表
I personally find that this is too long of a day for a 4 years old. I can accept an older kid atte ...

13#
發表於 07-8-29 11:18 |只看該作者
原文章由 Riesling 於 07-8-28 19:13 硐表
very happy to get infor. about ISF from you, it's one of my target IS for my gal. It's also great to know that they are planning to have kindergarden soo, do you know more about their plan for kinderg ...

As far as I know, there will be a one-year foundation year programme for 5-y-o kids.  Not sure whether there will be a kinder programme for the younger ones.  You may attend the school's briefing on 1/9 and ask the school direct.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題