教育王國 討論區 學之園幼稚園(昇御海逸) 07-08學之園(海逸校)K2
樓主: LydiaWong
go

07-08學之園(海逸校)K2 [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 08-2-15 13:52 |顯示全部帖子
Dear all,

Kung Hei Fat Choi!

Was busy in setting the Mock Exam for the students.  I didn't bring Brian out often during the holiday.

ljsze,

I learnt about the Barney show from Toy'r'us.  However, Brian doesn't like Barney anymore so I don't plan to bring him to the show.

Lydia,  

Brian has been interested in reading maps since last year.  He likes to read the names of places and he will ask us about the Chinese characters that he doesn't know.  Any other way of learning!

82#
發表於 08-2-19 08:01 |顯示全部帖子
Lydia,

I guess the Chinese characters that kids are asked to write in the second semester are more difficult.  Just wonder if it's good for kids.

83#
發表於 08-2-21 08:49 |顯示全部帖子
Lydia,

Nice photos.  Preston is cute!

Dear all,

Did you open a bank account for your kids?  I opened an account to save Brian's packet money when he was one.  Up till now, he has saved over $20000.

I am thinking of opening another account for Brianna.

[ 本文章最後由 DorisTSL 於 08-2-21 09:04 編輯 ]

84#
發表於 08-2-25 13:11 |顯示全部帖子
Lydia,

I showed Preston's pictures to Brian and he asked me to bring him to take pictures.

To which branch did you take Preston to?

85#
發表於 08-3-13 14:55 |顯示全部帖子
Dear all,

Brian felt bored in staying at home today.  When I told him that the school will close today, he was very sad.

86#
發表於 08-4-3 07:46 |顯示全部帖子
Dear all,

Brian has sent an invitation card to your kids on Tuesday.  He would like to invite you all to come to his birthday party on 20 April (Sunday) at the McDonald's in Fisherman's Wharf.  The party will start at 1.30pm.

Lydia,

The programme will start next week.  Brian will join the Mon/Wed noon session.

Yes, Brian started to take full day class yesterday.  His sister's got some problem in eating.  My Mom has to spend more time on her.  We think Brian can benefit more if he takes full day class rather than feeling bored at home.  Miss Lai is very nice that she called me yesterday after school.  She said Brian was so excited on his first day of full day class but he was a bit tired in the afternoon.

87#
發表於 08-4-7 07:53 |顯示全部帖子
ljsze,
The son of one of my relatives now studies in 陳守仁.  His Mom recommends this school:  a lot of ECAs, suitable amount of homework, traditional method of teaching + activity-based lessons......

Lydia,
Brianna has got poor appetite.  She hates milk since Feb.  At first, I thought the problem will go soon (Brian had the same problem before when he was 4 months but it didn't last long).  The doctor suggested giving her rice cereal earlier.  She now takes congee+rice cereal as regular meals.

bblaw,
Thank you very much for your help.  I fould PolyCal in Mannings.

I brought Brianna to see the doctor last Thursday for her coughing.  The doctor prescribed some medicine called 開胃藥 to Brianna.  Do you know much about this medicine?  Is it safe for her to take this medicine for a long period of time (say 1 month)?

88#
發表於 08-4-10 07:53 |顯示全部帖子
ljsze,

Actually, many primary schools are not linked to any sec schools.  However, I think graduates from 陳守仁 are competitive enough to get a place in a famous sec school.

bblaw, Lydia,

The medicine that the doctor prescribed is called C. H. syrup.  I checked from the internet and found that this medicine is an anti-histamine and it is used for allergy but it can also stimulate appetite.  T

he doctor prescribed 8 days of medicine to Brianna.  Her appetite improved after taking the medicine but the effect doesn't last long.  I just wonder if Brianna can take this medicine for long to improve her appetite.

89#
發表於 08-4-12 15:49 |顯示全部帖子
Lydia,

Thanks in advance.

Dear all,

Brian has been attending full day class for over a week.  He enjoys so much.  However, he is tired afterschool and he always feels sleepy at dinner time.

90#
發表於 08-4-15 07:50 |顯示全部帖子
ljsze, Lydia,

What a coincidence that you two are from the same school!

Lydia,

I checked from the internet and found that C.H. stands for cyproheptadine hydrochloride.  I guess it is a medicine for allergy.
Thank you very much for your help.

91#
發表於 08-4-15 15:26 |顯示全部帖子
Lydia,

It's good to hear more about the S1 admission.  Can't wait for your sharing......
Brian brought a worksheet of S1 admission program home yesterday.  I asked him to describe the picture on the worksheet.  I couldn't believe that he could describe it in detail, although not organized.  I think the program does help them a lot!

ljsze,

I need to ask my colleagues about it.  Will tell you later.  BTW, the primary session of my school also adopts activity-based teaching method.

92#
發表於 08-4-16 07:54 |顯示全部帖子
Lydia,

I let Brian try to describe the picture again yesterday.  However, he said he did it already on Monday and there's no need to do it again.  BTW, is Preston also taking the Mon + Wed noon session?

ljsze,

It's true that many schools offer activity-based teaching and they use this as a selling point.  However, some schools will only adopt activity-based teaching in one or two subjects and traditional method for the rest.

P1 of my school will switch to DSS starting from this Sept.

93#
發表於 08-4-17 11:15 |顯示全部帖子
Lydia, ljsze,

Actually, the so-called traditional schools also offer activity-based teaching in some subjects.  It's just the matter of proportion of traditional teaching : acitivity-based teaching.

Activity-based teaching is more time consuming compared with traditional teaching but students can learn more and they can develop some useful skills through acitivities.

ljsze,

Most of the sec schools in HK are 'traditional' but starting from Sept 09, the New Senior Secondary curriculum will be launched and activity-based teaching will become more and more important.  Subjects like Integrated Humanities, Liberal Studies, Other Learning Experience, Project-Based Learning will be activity-based.  Besides that, School-Based Assessment of all subjects also requires the element of acitivity-based teaching.

94#
發表於 08-4-19 11:07 |顯示全部帖子
bblaw,

What a bad news!  Ms. Yip is a good leader and she cares about the kids.  I remember two years ago, in the parent's day, she talked to me about Brian's performance in school.  That's exactly what Miss Cheng told me.  I was impressed.

Don't know anything about the new principal but I really hope that she is also a good and responsible one.

原文章由 bblaw 於 08-4-18 21:59 發表
What a mess! Principle Mrs Yip resigned. The quaily of the new principle is not good.

95#
發表於 08-4-22 08:03 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Moms,

Thank you very much for your coming to Brian's birthday party.  I hope your kids like the little gift that Brian chose.  

ljsze,
It's good to see that kids enjoyed so much in chasing around outside the McDonald's.  It's the first time I let Brian run around in the shopping place.  Ha!

晞晴媽咪,
Your two daughters are so cute!  My brother took a lot of pics for them.

96#
發表於 08-4-24 07:44 |顯示全部帖子
Hei Ching's Mom,

I don't think your elder daughter was over-dressed.  She looks pretty!

Lydia,

My brother likes taking photos but he is not professional at all.  However, the photos that he took are better in quality than those my husband took.  I think it's a matter of the camera used.

Dear all,

I appreciate the effort that the K3 parents paid in the sharing yesterday evening.  They were all well prepared and they were willing to share.

97#
發表於 08-4-24 13:50 |顯示全部帖子
ljsze,

The seminar ended at around 8.50pm.  They shared about the strategies in application and what their kids were asked to do in interviews of different schools.  Very informative.  

I just wonder if the school can film those talks and seminars for downloading purpose from the website.  7.00pm may be too early for some parents.

[ 本文章最後由 DorisTSL 於 08-4-24 22:01 編輯 ]

98#
發表於 08-5-22 13:11 |顯示全部帖子
Dear all,

I was so busy recently as the final exam is coming.  It turned out that I've got over 100 unread emails in my account.

I forgot about the school visit and I missed it.  How was it?  Were the parents allowed to watch the kids having lessons?

Lydia,

Brian and Preston sat next to each other in Maggie's BD party.  I asked Preston where you were.  It's good that he could tell me what happend to you in detail.  I was impressed when he told me that you went to see the doctor in the morning and took some medicine, so you would be fine very soon.  :)   Get well soon.

BTW, you maid is very nice!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題