搜索
教育王國 討論區 教育講場 Letter Land
樓主: LaLa
go

Letter Land [複製鏈接]

161#
發表於 04-6-16 23:24 |只看該作者

Re: Phonics - Letterland

Is there any course for Letterland in East Kowloon or East HK side?  Grateful if any Moms can give me some information.  Many thanks.
God is love

162#
發表於 04-7-4 08:34 |只看該作者

Re: Letter Land

Any mums have something to share? This informative topic is going into archive!

Jokey2828

163#
發表於 04-7-4 14:00 |只看該作者

Jokey,

Maria started off this topic very well, with lots of info but I didn't look it up when some parents kind of diffuse this topic with trivial questions.  I teach my son Letterland phonics when he was 2 (he is now 3)& he likes it very much.  If there are parents here who really want to share experience / seek mutual cooperation, I suggest to start a new thread (with objectives clearly stated as the other topic on seeking inexpensive Montessori teaching aids).  Just a suggestion.  No obligation.

164#
發表於 04-7-5 13:53 |只看該作者

Hi Jsmami,

You are right. I am sure that Maria's information can help many parents to choose a phonics scheme suitable for their little ones (though not necessarily Letterland). Yet being a PC idiot, I don't know how to start a new thread. Can anybody help?

Jokey2828

165#
發表於 04-7-7 14:08 |只看該作者

Re: Letterland 用家請入嚟分享下啦

Has anyone bought the Programmes 1 and 2 Songs CD? How do you find them?

Jokey2828

166#
發表於 04-7-8 09:48 |只看該作者

Dear Jsmani,

Nice to know that you do teach your son Letterland.  I do have a son of 3 loving Letterland very much.  Have you started teaching blending works yet? I have some problems on blending works and hope that you can give me advice.

As I don't know how to start a new topic, I'm apologize to continue writing here.

BBMUMMY

167#
發表於 04-7-8 10:06 |只看該作者

Re: Letterland 用家請入嚟分享下啦

Dear Jokey2828,

"Has anyone bought the Programmes 1 and 2 Songs CD?"
Are your referred to the Teacher's Guides for programme 1 and 2 and the alphbet song CD?

Most of the product for Letterland can be found in ETC (Educational Technology Connection Ltd.) in Tai Koo at 26532789.  I guess they've gotten the right for distribution of Letterland products in HK as I cannot find other supplier/dealer for Letterland product.

BBMMUMMY

168#
發表於 04-7-9 09:15 |只看該作者

Hi BBMummy,

I mean the CDs that supplement Teachers' Guides Programmes 1 and 2. Has anyone bought them? Are they good?

Can you elaborate the problem(s) your kid has in blending? I hope to be of assistance.

Jokey2828

169#
發表於 04-7-9 13:15 |只看該作者

Hi Jokey2828,

As far as I know there is no CD supplement Teachers' Guides for Programme 1 and 2 but there is an early years cassette ($40-$50) for "Teacher's Guide - Early year programme."  Please let me know if there is CD supplement for Programme 1 and 2.

Instead of my kid's problem, I think it really is my problem.  When I start teaching my son to blend words, I begin with "_at", such as, bat, cat, fat, hat, mat, pat.  I found the pronouncation for "a" is quite different from those we pronounce daily.  I have no confidence and I tends to avoid those words with "a" in teaching my son.  Do you have any suggestion?  Do you know if there are any phonic courses for adult?

BBMMUMMY

170#
發表於 04-7-9 13:28 |只看該作者

Hi BBMummy,

Programme One Songs CD and Programme Two Songs CD are $120 each. You can buy them at ETC.

When I first used Letterland, I had the same confusion as yours. The sound of letter "a" in the Alphabet Songs CD is different from that we hear everyday. I eventually found out that both are correct - one is British and the other American English. So it is a matter of preference.

For training courses on phonectics, please see 家長教育.

Jokey2828

171#
發表於 04-7-9 17:18 |只看該作者

Hi Jokey2828,

What songs will be in the CDs for Programme 1 and 2?  Are those songs specially for Programme 1 & 2? And NOT alphbet songs and letter written songs?  I do interest of the CDs.

I know that one is British and the other is American English.  However, it is difficult to explain to the children that c"a"t is cat. (hope your understand).

I also face another difficulty of finding the right words for blending with only 26 letter sound as my son has not start the Vowels Men yet.  Do you have any idea?

BBMMUMMY

172#
發表於 04-7-14 12:00 |只看該作者

May I know also what are the songs in the CD? Are that the same as those alphabets song in CD Rom?

And can I buy Program One parent guide in yesasia with cheaper price?

醒目開學勳章

173#
發表於 04-7-14 16:58 |只看該作者

As far as I know, the letterland products sold in yesasia is very limited and no parent guide available.

I only bought the new version Letterland book and casette thru yesasia, and the price is cheaper than the sole agent located at Tai Koo Shing by $40

174#
發表於 04-7-15 13:40 |只看該作者

kittylock,
thanks. You mean ABC book with new abc characters? Do you know whether there is new version parent guide sold in HK? thanks.

I am learning letterland with a lady, (HK-born, but live in UK) for 8 lessons (she will return to England at end of Aug). Hopefully, I can teach my son afterward.

醒目開學勳章

175#
發表於 04-7-15 14:25 |只看該作者

ALAL,

Bingo. Yes, I bought the new vesion (2003) letterland from yesasia.

You better buy Teacher's guide instead of parent's guide because the info provided is much more comprehensive.

How does it go for your private tution of letterland? Would you pls tell how much it cost for the letterland lession?

176#
發表於 04-7-16 11:03 |只看該作者

The tuition cost $200 for 1.5 hrs, six sessions.
But the tutor is going back to England in end of Aug. In the first two sessions, she has taught the stories of captial and small alphalets (including vowel man), different pronounciation of c,g,y,s, how to teach children b and d, how to differentiate small letters, how to pronounce the name of A to Z, stories on consonant digraphs, different sounds of 'a', common pronounciation error of Hong Konger.

But she is not very familiar with detail on every product of Letterland because she did not buy all.

But Letterland company has offered parent course at $1500 per 8 hrs. I think their teacher will have more information on the products.

177#
發表於 04-7-27 10:57 |只看該作者

Hi,
I just bought a ABC book 2003 version, Yesasia charged me USD8.97 + USD1.97 local delivery (actually is local speed post) = HK$85.33.  It is just $5 cheaper than ETC. But it take quite long time, I placed on-line on July 14, then receive it on July 20, so, I don't think it is worth to buy on Yesasia.

I just start abc character stories & alphabet song about 2 weeks, my son 2.5yrs, he knows around 5 charaters, but don't know why when he sing songs, he skips the sound of the word. For example at alphabet song 'C', "Clever Cat says 'k' in words, 'k' in words", he sing "Clever Cat says, in words, in words", does anyone have this problem ?

178#
發表於 04-7-28 10:40 |只看該作者

yatyat mum
Small infant is not able to pronounce all the sounds.

179#
發表於 04-7-28 13:36 |只看該作者

Hi ALALA,
I understood, but I feel strange because my son can speak 'cake' very well with 'k' sound, but when sing that song just skip 'k', maybe he just playing

180#
發表於 04-7-28 13:51 |只看該作者

yatyat mum,

I think instead of teaching your son to sing the songs completely from the very beginning, you should sing most part of the song, and ask your son to sing the letter sound.  It should be the best way for him to memorize the letter sound.

e.g.
You: Clever Cat says
Son: "c"
You: in word
Son: "c"
You: in word...

You know what I mean ...

For me and my little girl, she now recognized all the letterlanders and can name some of them out easily, and her favour characters are M, and F. Now I try to avoid her to say Fireman Fred instead of F, I don't want her to have the so-call problem of letterland kids.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題