教育王國 討論區 國際學校 from int'l kindergarden to local primary school
發新帖
查看: 2051|回覆: 8
go

from int'l kindergarden to local primary school [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-7-5 17:42 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Hi,

I've a plan to let my son study in int'l kindergarden, and then change to local primary school.  I had a few questions:

1.   Is it difficult for him to enter local primary school as the teaching systems are different between IS and local school?  

2.    Does local school accept IS?  

3.    Can my son adapt to the new teaching style?

4.    Can IS join「自行分配學位」和「統一派位」?

Pls share your experience.   
Thanks a lot.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 07-7-6 15:44 |只看該作者
If you plan to let your son to go to a local primary school, you better choose a local kindergarten. Otherwise, he is hard to pick up and enjoy the school life.

原文章由 SmartTAI 於 07-7-5 17:42 發表
Hi,

I've a plan to let my son study in int'l kindergarden, and then change to local primary school.  I had a few questions:

1.   Is it difficult for him to enter local primary school as the ...

3#
發表於 07-7-6 17:25 |只看該作者
[quote]原文章由 joyfung 於 07-7-6 15:44 發表
If you plan to let your son to go to a local primary school, you better choose a local kindergarten. Otherwise, he is hard to pick up and enjoy the school life.

Thanks for your advice.  

I want my son to have better language skill at the very early stage, especially fluency in English (even Putonghau), but afraid he can't adapt to the local primary school life where has much homework and examinations.  

Would you advise which local kindergardens can provide bilingual education and the students can speak the second language fluently.

Does your child study in local school?

4#
發表於 07-7-6 23:56 |只看該作者
原文章由 SmartTAI 於 07-7-5 17:42 發表
Hi,

1.   Is it difficult for him to enter local primary school as the ...

It depends which "IS" kindys you are referring to.  If you are thinking about Victoria International, Kornhill International, and the like, your child will adjust fine, since they are really local kindergartens offering billingual education and perhaps use a more open teaching style.

If you are referring to CDNIS, HKIS, GSIS, etc., it is unlikely your child can easily transfer back to local primary.  First, the curriculum is very different.  In these IS kindys, there is no focus on words recognition, spelling, letters writing, etc.  So you child will have great "academic" difficulty in P1.  Secondly, the level of Chinese will be so different from local kindys.  You will have to supplement the Chinese lessons with a lot of extra-curricula sessions to meet local standards.  Thirdly, the teaching styles are very different.  In these IS, the kids play all day.  The style is very free, and they get a lot of freedom during the day.  There is hardly any homework.  If they jump into local primary, it will be a big culture shock for them, and a lot of hard work and hight stress level for both the child and the parent.

5#
發表於 07-7-9 12:21 |只看該作者
YOSASHTO , your info is very useful, thank you.

1. Victoria International is better than Victoria International in terms of academic and language?   

2. Does student from Victoria International go to famous local primary school easlier than Victoria International ?

3. Is  Victoria International's primary & secondary good?

Pls advice.

6#
發表於 07-7-9 18:43 |只看該作者
原文章由 SmartTAI 於 07-7-9 12:21 發表
YOSASHTO , your info is very useful, thank you.

1. Victoria International is better than Victoria International in terms of academic and language?   

2. Does student from Victoria Internat ...

Sorry, I'm not familiar with local kindergartens.  Perhaps some other parents can help.

7#
發表於 07-7-11 13:59 |只看該作者
HI

I have the experience.  My daughter will go back to local the PLK Camos Primary School.  I can tell you if your child is from IS.  It quite difficult to pass the test for the interview.  Most of the local school they don't like the international school student except the new style school.  Like PLK Camos....etc.   If you really want that.  you must train you the child the mandarin.  If you have any probelm feel free to ask me .  Or I can sell me phone no. to u...  

1.   Is it difficult for him to enter local primary school as the ... [/quote]

8#
發表於 07-7-11 17:43 |只看該作者
Hi,

Thanks for your sharing.

Why did you say local primary school dislikes IS student?

You said IS student is difficult to pass the interview test.  Why??  Is it due to the poor Chinese speaking and writing?

Which Int'l Kindergarten did your daughter study in?

原文章由 chanreb 於 07-7-11 13:59 發表
HI

I have the experience.  My daughter will go back to local the PLK Camos Primary School.  I can tell you if your child is from IS.  It quite difficult to pass the test for the interview.  Mo ...

9#
發表於 07-7-13 11:01 |只看該作者
My children go to international schools.
IS and local schools are absolutely different.

原文章由 joyfung 於 07-7-6 15:44 發表
‹ 上一主題|下一主題