3#
發表於 07-6-30 10:23 |只看該作者

Re: 今年九月入培基小一家長

你們小朋友有沒有參加培基英文暑期班,以及他們編甚麼班,我的女兒是一誠班。

4#
發表於 07-6-30 10:47 |只看該作者

Hello
我囡囡已經升二年班,之前一年冇英文暑期班,學校只係派咗D簡單嘅功課及自己教小朋友做PLE Grammer Practice 1A,因為佢哋用1B Longman Express。或者今年想D小朋友易D適應啦!

請問有冇話係自己老師or 請街外教?

5#
發表於 07-6-30 11:16 |只看該作者

今年都有功課,而英語老師就話全是外籍老師,1:15,應該不是自己老師,我的兒子都是升三年級,一年級時都沒有。
thx!

6#
發表於 07-7-11 00:58 |只看該作者
原文章由 Lalamon 於 07-6-29 19:14 發表
今年九月入培基小一家長,七月十三日小一家長會,可否問問培基未來會否改用中文教數及Science。大家都担心轉了校長後學校策有變。

我都想知,希望有人報料

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

7#
發表於 07-7-11 15:29 |只看該作者
原文章由 yanni-ma 於 07-7-11 00:58 發表

我都想知,希望有人報料

英文教 Science 教左好耐架啦,起碼10年, 應不會改變。

8#
發表於 07-7-13 09:54 |只看該作者
The new principal is Mr Ng Ching Kong.  He is the principal of Stewards Pooi Yin Primary School in Tai Po.   This school will be closed within 3 years.  You can check the list from EMB.  I was disappointed with the school to change the principal.  My friend (who teaches in Pooi Kei) told me most Maths teachers and the acting principal  are not for teaching Maths in Eng and they are discussing to quit Eng Maths. What a pity!

9#
發表於 07-7-16 10:25 |只看該作者
msman10

hello.... do this news real or not? Do your friend teach in Maths in Pooi kei? What's the reason behind? But this year we still use English Maths book?

10#
發表於 07-7-16 15:39 |只看該作者
如果不用英文教數學就實在太可惜啦!

11#
發表於 07-7-18 18:05 |只看該作者
聖經和中文用普通話外,其他用英文。

12#
發表於 07-7-18 18:12 |只看該作者

Teaching Maths in Eng is bad?

原文章由 lamloloo 於 07-7-16 10:25 發表
msman10

hello.... do this news real or not? Do your friend teach in Maths in Pooi kei? What's the reason behind? But this year we still use English Maths book?

Hi.  The news is real.  My friend said that the acting principal told the parents from kindergartens that they need to reveiw the strategy of teaching Maths in Eng. because there are only 1/3 teachers agree to teach maths in Eng. My friend told me that the hidden reasons  are some teachers (included the acting principal) said this is only the former principal thinking which is not their will.  The other reason is teachers' qualification?  Well, let's see what will the new principal say to J.1 and J.2  parents in the coming year.  However, I think we can tell PK school what our needs and show us the data the students learn Maths in Eng may cause any bad effects on learning or not.

13#
發表於 07-7-23 09:39 |只看該作者
原文章由 msman10 於 07-7-18 18:12 發表

Hi.  The news is real.  My friend said that the acting principal told the parents from kindergartens that they need to reveiw the strategy of teaching Maths in Eng. because there are only 1/3 ...

i think eng maths in primary school is good. Although the maths score may be lower at junior stage, it would be most helpful for students learning in secondary school. The students will score higher grade in future.

[ 本文章最後由 lamloloo 於 07-7-23 09:41 編輯 ]

14#
發表於 07-7-23 13:48 |只看該作者

Math teaching in English

I totally agree for the advantages for the Math teaching in English, I hope the new school principle to re-consider the parents' and students' needs rather than the short term   score.

I also hope the new principle to have a face conversation with parents to elminate our worries.

15#
發表於 07-7-25 17:34 |只看該作者

Critical time for the coming J1 newers

How about asking the new principal and Maths teachers to have a conference with parents?  They can state their point of view on teaching Maths in English.  As you know, that issue may effect parents and students who want to have Eng Maths.  Once they are not sure to show their planning of maths curriculum, I think some parents may not support them anymore even they have Eng Science.

16#
發表於 07-7-26 22:42 |只看該作者
Teaching Maths in English has both advantages and disadvanges.  Please don't feel upset if the school turns back to teaching Maths in Chinese one day.  

My son will be in J2 next term.  I find that his standard of Maths is relatively lower than that of the students studying at other schools in Shatin, even he got 100 marks in both of the term examinations last year.  The questions of his class/home exercises are quite simple and straight forward, when compared with that of other schools.  The English standard of Pooi Kei is one school-term ahead of other school, whilst the Maths standards is one term lapsed behind.  I think the school will critically review the teaching medium of Maths when the TSA results of this group of white rats come out two years later.  

There has been no scientific findings that the children who learn Maths in English can have significant improvement in their English standard.  Some famous primary schools like La Salle and Wah Yan, the Maths lessons are taught in Chinese, but the English standard of the students is also very good.  The objective of having Maths lesson is to learn Maths, not English language.  There has always been unncessary concen that students will have "catch up" problem when going to secondary schools.  But the fact is that if a student can successfully get a seat in an English secondary school, it implies that he is a Band 1 or Band 2 upper student and must have the ability to learn all subjects in English.  Whether the student has learn English Maths in primary school is not a crucial matter.  

I know that some of my son's classmates have great difficulty in understanding Maths concepts using English.  The teacher has to spend quite much time to translate and repeat the chapters.  Therefore, the pace of lessons have unavoidably been slowed down.

[ 本文章最後由 Verveine 於 07-7-26 22:44 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題