搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 有鬼佬口音嗎?
查看: 9658|回覆: 51
go

有鬼佬口音嗎? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-6-21 18:30 |只看該作者

有鬼佬口音嗎?

我老公話有一日去朋友屋企咁啱朋友個女女同d同學仔都係度(佢地係中學學生), 當然佢地大家係用英文交談, 我老公話唔睇佢地個樣淨聽佢地講英文重以為佢地係鬼婆鬼佬黎.  朋友話這班同學全部都係土生土長既香港人只不過係由細到大都係國際學校度成長......

有冇媽咪可以分享下您地讀緊IS既小朋友講英文時係咪好有鬼佬口音既feel?   定流利得黎始終夾帶著一些香港口音?   

2#
發表於 07-6-21 21:48 |只看該作者

Re: 有鬼佬口音嗎?

An interesting topic!!! My son is 4 yrs old and studies in IS.  I and my husband are 100% chinese; however, my son can't speak cantonese He can understand 75% of cantonese.  He speaks in English and his accent is very "鬼佬". When he tries to speak in Cantonese, his accent is also very "鬼佬".   So funny

3#
發表於 07-6-21 22:22 |只看該作者

Yes, this is an interesting topic !

請問要在外國留學多少年才可說英文時有鬼佬口音?
在HK讀最top的學校,例如DGS,DBS等英文學校,學生是否可以擁有鬼佬口音?怎樣學習?
請分享!

4#
發表於 07-6-21 23:40 |只看該作者

我丈夫的英語不太港式但絕不"鬼佬"而且不動聽,沒留過學, 但我孩子的口語卻很老外, 因幼時跟外籍小朋友玩, 上學後模仿老師的口音和口頭禪, 所以, 每個學期他都有點"變", 不看他的樣子, 光聽, 以為是"鬼仔".
該用戶已被刪除

5#
發表於 07-6-22 00:11 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

6#
發表於 07-6-22 00:21 |只看該作者

My son studies in an IS kinder for 2 years. He has British accent when speaking in English and Cantonese.

7#
發表於 07-6-22 01:17 |只看該作者

丫頭

我大仔今年剛完成R1
佢講英文時有帶有"鬼佬口音"... 講中文時亦會帶d"鬼佬口音"
依家仲好抗拒講中文添 :evil:
]

醒目開學勳章

8#
發表於 07-6-22 01:18 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

9#
發表於 07-6-22 09:45 |只看該作者

朋友個仔讀完international school K1, 已經有好重鬼佬音, 佢地好易吸收. 基本上你教咩音就學咩音.
如果在local school, 當然比較難學呢d口音. 除非佢有外國朋友仔or有家庭教師.

10#
發表於 07-6-22 10:25 |只看該作者

I totally agree with what Kareese said.

I  know several people who studied local school until secondary level and went to overseas to study for 6-8 years (undergraduate to PhD) but still their accents are still very chinese and their spoken english are still quite poor - since they didn't try to mix with forigners and most important, I think their accent are already fixed.

11#
發表於 07-6-22 10:29 |只看該作者

Fattymom 寫道:
An interesting topic!!! My son is 4 yrs old and studies in IS.  I and my husband are 100% chinese; however, my son can't speak cantonese He can understand 75% of cantonese.  He speaks in English and his accent is very "鬼佬". When he tries to speak in Cantonese, his accent is also very "鬼佬".   So funny

Also feel funny and not very understand about their accent, my son will be 4 in coming Oct. And he carries a strong accent particularly whenever the words have “ter” or “er” at the end. Like Water, Peter, there, spider etc…
Either copy from the teacher or the phonics class I guess? But it is Funny!

But my son have  鬼婆 accent

MarcusD

12#
發表於 07-6-22 10:41 |只看該作者

Why are you guys so concerned about whether your kids have accent?  Does it make them a better person?

13#
發表於 07-6-22 11:48 |只看該作者

Agree with Gisele.  Don't be fooled that speaking with a 'gweilo' accent makes you a better person.  The point is you/your kid can 'communicate' in the language confidently and effectively.

In fact, I know some (native) English-speaking people try very hard to get rid of 'their' accents.  Most linguists take "General American" or "RP" as the 'standard' way of pronouncing the English language (think it's similar to Mainland's standardised PTH for Chinese), and announcers on TV or radio are expected to adopt it.  But can anyone tell me how many of your English-speaking friends are speaking by these standards?

14#
發表於 07-6-22 12:38 |只看該作者

她們都沒有說過"kids have accent make them a better person".

話言用來溝通, 學語言不是需要字正腔圓嗎? (雖然英文都有好多种accent, 但都好過chinglish)
現在好多青年人說懶音, 接受嗎?

現在學校都傾向native speaker教語言, 為什麼?
難道你接受小朋友說菲律賓英文?

要走向世界, 就要提高水準.
進進豬, 06年1月6日,來到我們的懷抱 :-P

15#
發表於 07-6-22 12:46 |只看該作者

你地係唔係想講,唔想仔女有港式口音?

英文係國際語言,世界通行,個個地方地區都會有獨特的口音,好難講點為之係 "鬼佬口音"。
"鬼佬" 者,紅鬚綠眼的洋人也。
( 比我孩子知道我用 "鬼佬" 稱呼洋人,會比佢話我冇禮貌。)
咁法國佬英文,德國佬英文,你收唔收貨?
即使英美加澳,都有唔同的口音。
英國倫敦口音最好聽,亦應該最正宗。
順帶一提,英國人詞彙亦豐富;我總覺得美國人冇文化,讚你來來去去都係 "great!",最多係 "wonderful!",請佢幫忙,就答你 "ok"。
英國人真係會唔同 d :  "splendid!","marvelous!","certainly"。
我好怕睇 "牛仔電影",因為 d 西部口音我要好留心先聽得晒,美國總統小布殊,成日比美國人取笑佢的鄉音,youtube 大把笑佢的 video。我最鍾意睇舊電影,audrey hepburn 的 sabrina,julie andrews 的 sound of music,演員不計國藉族裔,個個英文都咬字清楚。不竟時代唔同,即使英國美國口音語調都變了很多。我少澳洲朋友,當年睇 crocodile dundee,真係好痛苦,而家孩子有老師係澳洲人,同佢傾計,有時真係要留心 d。

見到有家長,講到自己孩子的 "鬼佬口音",都沾沾自喜,其實真係幾奇怪。讀國際學校,老師都係洋人,亦日日都係英語環境,當然會有你地話的 "鬼佬口音",不是很普通的事嗎?

16#
發表於 07-6-22 12:49 |只看該作者

I guess having a native accent is like wearing branded clothes to some people.Wearing branded clothes does not make anyone a better person but the person who is wearing it probably feels good.(I hope)Also, most parents feel proud when their kids can speak like a gweilo...HK is a very materialistic society so having a gweilo accent is like being one up on your neighbour.
Sad fact of life but the world is dominated by English speakers and many people are judged by 1st impressions anyway.If you have to learn English and have to chance to learn it properly, might as well learn it all the way!!

17#
發表於 07-6-22 13:01 |只看該作者

香港人听慣了港式英語(老師,朋友,高官), 一听見人說非港式英語, 就會刮目相看.
進進豬, 06年1月6日,來到我們的懷抱 :-P

18#
發表於 07-6-22 13:06 |只看該作者

I am a bit confused here.
International school teachers are mainly gweilos, except Chinese teachers or some admin staff. Plus, their classes are all conducted in English, again except Chinese classes.
So what is the big deal, if kids can speak gweilo English? What I mean is (just as "nintendo" said) isn't that something normal?

BTW, my child does have the gweilo accent you guys described, but I do not intend to add a "hee hee" here, because it is really no big deal since everyone speaks good English at the school anyway.

19#
發表於 07-6-22 13:17 |只看該作者

tomo 寫道:
I guess having a native accent is like wearing branded clothes to some people.Wearing branded clothes does not make anyone a better person but the person who is wearing it probably feels good.(I hope)Also, most parents feel proud when their kids can speak like a gweilo...HK is a very materialistic society so having a gweilo accent is like being one up on your neighbour.
Sad fact of life but the world is dominated by English speakers and many people are judged by 1st impressions anyway.If you have to learn English and have to chance to learn it properly, might as well learn it all the way!!

I know what you meant.
But if a person has to rely on the accent to make himself feel good, that is really pathetic.

20#
發表於 07-6-22 13:18 |只看該作者

Happy小米 好同意您既講法   

我開呢個topic都係出於好奇心&想同IS既家長分享下小朋友係IS成長的其中小小部份.........老實講我又唔覺其他家長好沾沾自喜(我相信有些人認為既得戚)自己既小朋友能講得出有鬼佬口音更加feel唔到有"kids have accent make them a better person"呢種感覺!  

會唔會係您地想多左呢?  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題