用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 邊位家長有小朋友係加拿大Toronto讀緊中學 ...
查看: 6226|回覆: 30
go

邊位家長有小朋友係加拿大Toronto讀緊中學 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-6-10 09:19 |只看該作者

邊位家長有小朋友係加拿大Toronto讀緊中學

邊位家長有小朋友係加拿大Toronto讀緊中學----
我想遲1,2年幫我的小朋友(F1 or F2 時)申請去Toronto讀中學,我想問問---

(1 )是否要等有當地 high school 的 proof of acceptance, 才可去Canada immigrantation Dept apply study permit, 才能取study permit 的 application form?

(2) 我望過個Canada immigrantation Dept website, 是要有經濟證明, 是指銀行存款嗎? 是多少錢呢 ?

(3)經濟證明是指銀行存款嗎? 要唔要稅單?多少年的稅單?

(4)apply study permit 耐唔耐? 3 個月時間夠嗎?

2#
發表於 07-6-12 01:15 |只看該作者

Re: 邊位家長有小朋友係加拿大Toronto讀緊中學

sorry i do not have kid for high school in Toronto.
But f1 or f2 from hk = public school (小學)in toronto

3#
發表於 07-6-12 12:09 |只看該作者

Just to clarify.

In HK, F1/F2 equals to Grade 7/8 in Canada, which is still within the Elementary School system.

Beginning Grade 9 (equals to F3 in HK), they will the go to high school.

Hope it helps.

YukiMommy

4#
發表於 07-6-12 13:08 |只看該作者

Hello,我係加拿大o既私校讀緊...
不過我亦都會9月倒就返h.k唔讀啦!!

5#
發表於 07-6-15 01:30 |只看該作者

為什麼 ? 是否在加拿大私校有不妥 呢?
kayan_329 寫道:
Hello,我係加拿大o既私校讀緊...
不過我亦都會9月倒就返h.k唔讀啦!!

6#
發表於 07-6-15 09:28 |只看該作者

Hi kayan,

獨立既生活如何? 點解返h.k.呀?
可以分享嗎, 多謝你呀..
kayan_329 寫道:
Hello,我係加拿大o既私校讀緊...
不過我亦都會9月倒就返h.k唔讀啦!!

7#
發表於 07-6-15 10:35 |只看該作者

lubbie88,

I hope I can clear it once and for all.  I have read a lot of comments with regards to private schools in Canada from kayan_329.  She had bad experience in Canada with private schools, so she will tell you how bad they are in Canada.  But the truth is....

there are many private schools in Canada, Toronto and they are the TOP schools here.  Like Upper Canada College, have a history of over 100 years in Canada, graduates from that school go to Harvard, MIT, Oxford etc., other girls private schools such as Branksome Hall, Havergal are also TOP schools here.  These private schools are just like Maryknoll, DGS, DBS, LaSalle in HK.

However, there are also many many many private school in Canada which of "below" quality.  Anyone can open a school here.  Their standard is so poor and tend to attract a lot of visa students from China, HK and India.  The reason is, they are cheap, easy to give marks to students so that they can get into universities, accept students will lower academic standards.  I am sure there are also a lot of these kinds of school in HK.

To answer your question, "是否在加拿大私校有不妥 呢?"
Well, you just need to know what you are choosing.

YukiMommy

8#
發表於 07-6-17 03:49 |只看該作者

lubbie88~私校並沒有唔妥 不過建議最好搵學校唔好搵私校 因為呢邊d私校好易執 我o黎o左9個月 亦係人生o既學校第一執o左笠 間學校呃o左我成幾千加幣 因為我係visa 我姐姐初時估比多d學費簽証會好d ma 所以一比就比晒全年學費 但我讀o左2個sem 第2個sem係o岩o岩讀o左一星期到...同埋私校講d英文都唔似公校咁好 即加拿大口音 我d朋友o既朋友就係讀公校 我朋友話佢真係講得好正d音 不過好多人都話公校好難拎分 如果你英文唔太好 可能要由esl ao讀起...如果讀得唔好又要重讀!! 如果想學到野就公校 不過其實公校同私校d學費都係差唔多o既ja 公校又唔驚執 我地而家間私校都要買校服 買o左一set 成$3xx幾加幣 香港買多1,2set仲得ah!!

9#
發表於 07-6-18 21:20 |只看該作者

kayan,
咁你係讀邊科架, 學費點計

10#
發表於 07-6-20 11:17 |只看該作者

kayan,
多謝你

11#
發表於 07-6-21 01:02 |只看該作者

kayan_329 :
很多謝你資料, 我小朋友想在F2到加拿大Toronto讀書,
公校會否收其他國家學生 ? 可否介紹一些好公校給我 ?
- 公校收生會否很難  ?
- 學費會怎樣點計呢 ?

可否賜教!

12#
發表於 07-6-21 02:22 |只看該作者

hi lubbie88

F2 to Toronto study = study grade  7 la.
it means your kid will go to elementary school

公校會否收其他國家學生 ? Not all public school accept international student for elementary school.   Better check check sin

公校收生會否很難 ? not at all , 公校收生 usually will test your kid 's math & english to depend what level should he needs to attend  

學費會怎樣點計呢 ? School fee is counted as a year ( how much then i do not know)

To study in public school, your kid need a gaurdian in Toronto and a place for your kid to live. (usually live with your relative or your friend 0ver 19 of age)
If you have relative in Toronto , then probably you will find a school that is here them otherwise your relative cant take care your kid

it is different than boarding school !

13#
發表於 07-6-21 23:03 |只看該作者

lubbie88~公校就比私校有一定難 公校都會收海外生 不過都係要比錢...公校好似話會比d test你考睇o下你可以讀邊個班 最緊要睇d英文識幾多而比你分班 有d人要由esl ao讀起 有d可能就可以esl eo tim......有d學校比esl同其他科一齊讀 有d就全日都係esl堂 不過公校會好明顯比私校學英文同口音快...因為識都會係d外國人多 私校我去過2間都係中國人多...好多時都唔會用英文講國野

14#
發表於 07-6-21 23:05 |只看該作者

maba~唔洗客氣

15#
發表於 07-6-22 00:06 |只看該作者

ballvalve,

Thanks for your information.

- 有沒有好的公校是boarding school 介紹 ?

16#
發表於 07-6-22 00:11 |只看該作者

kayan_329
多謝你的寶貴資料, 可介紹好boarding school 給我 ?   :

17#
發表於 07-6-22 02:08 |只看該作者

lubbie88,

I am sorry to tell you that Public school does not have boarding!
Those public school suppose for local ppls to study. therefore if you want your kid to study in public school then you need to find a gaurdian to take care your kid.  coz your kid is under 19 .
meanwhile your kid will have the test for english and math.  
they will not only attend for ESL class, the class is same as the normal student except English.
If your kid come here for grade 8 (which same grade as f2)  then he will only study 1 year for elementary school .  coz Grade 9 will be in high school (other school) which he needs to choose a high school by himself and envrionment change again!
If you do not have someone to take care your kid in Toronto, he/she may feel difficultly to live in here.
Usually public school is setting for local ppls.  therefore, your kid will feel lonely coz your kid does not have family here when compare with others.

i studied in public school since grade 9 as a visa student.  I can tell you what your kid feeling in future if study with local student.

18#
發表於 07-6-22 11:26 |只看該作者

lubbie88?~ Sorry ah...我唔太清楚 所以不能告訴你知呀...你搵o下關於加拿大o既學校網吧...好似有間叫markvillew public school 你上網check o下吧

19#
發表於 07-6-22 13:50 |只看該作者

lubbie88,

好同意YukiMommy講法,
正式ge加拿大私校係非常嚴謹
而且歷史悠久, 簡直係貴族學校
有多位加拿大總理都係Upper Canada 出身
我都去參觀過幾間女校
HK ge Maryknoll Convent都要行埋一邊
幸好加拿大的公校也是不錯的選擇

如果你搵中介人公司 or
香港每年都有ge所謂 加拿大升學巡禮....
好似擺檔咁拉學生的學校, 就唔好諗
至於kayan_329 所講ge私校屬於牟利機構
當然會出現執笠問題la

其實唔計牟利機構辦ge學校
加拿大的學校普遍來說都是有水準的

20#
發表於 07-6-26 04:51 |只看該作者

Thanks uki for your support.  At least I do not appear to be too odd in this forum.

lubbie88,

In terms of good boarding school in Toronto, ALL of them are private schools.  As I said before, there are many top quality private schools in Toronto.  However, they are very expensive.  Tuition+boarding fees are around CAD$40K per year, that is, about HK$300,000.

Here are 2 links which show most of the top private schools in Toronto and in the surrounding area.  Hope this helps.

GOOD PRIVATE and BOARDING SCHOOL

FIND BOARDING SCHOOL

Hope this helps.

YukiMommy
‹ 上一主題|下一主題