用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Renassiance College (Phoenix )
樓主: Kareese
go

Renassiance College (Phoenix ) [複製鏈接]

121#
發表於 06-8-3 18:28 |只看該作者

Re: Renassiance College (Phoenix )

Thank you, Saturn and pfcf.

Mrspoon

122#
發表於 06-8-3 21:00 |只看該作者

Dear all RC parents,

I called the uniform shop today & was told that the uniforms won't be available for purchase till Aug 16.  The lady who answered my phone asked me to call later on Aug 14 to confirm it again.   

123#
發表於 06-8-4 09:39 |只看該作者

My 2 sons (  in grades 6 and 4 ) will be studying in RC this Aug. Now planning to form car
pool to pick the kids from TST ( premises above
Kowloon Station ) to school.  I may drive myself with an Odyssey ( can take 6 kids ) most of the days and hope to find another parent to take turns to drive or share the cost to rent a van / taxi.  Pls
send me email if interested:  [email protected]  

124#
發表於 06-8-5 08:06 |只看該作者

Saturn,

Thank you very much for the update. I planned to go there this Sunday ! So, seems I have to wait for another 2 weeks.

Ruby

125#
發表於 06-8-7 09:14 |只看該作者

any comments for the school spirit

126#
發表於 06-8-7 11:56 |只看該作者

Not sure of the spirit.. But I think during the "phoenix International" era... it seems that the turnover rate was high . ANy speicific reasons for this ?

127#
發表於 06-8-7 13:26 |只看該作者

The population of PIS was really very small.  The whole school had ~400+ students.  Some sec. students involved a lot in the school activities.  After a few activities, I could recognise many of their faces.  Can this be called spirit?

I agree the turnover is high, esp. for Y1.  Many parents sent their kids to PIS Y1 & took it more or less as a preparatory school for entering local school & obtained the benefit from the Eng. teaching environment.  I know some kids went back to the local stream after finishing Y1 in PIS.  Some older kids also keep their name on the waiting list in some ESF schools & other IS.  They withdraw from PIS when the place is available.

Saturn.

128#
發表於 06-8-7 22:31 |只看該作者

Hi Saturn,

Please check PM

mango

129#
發表於 06-8-8 17:34 |只看該作者

Why do they still want to Q for ESF since RC is also run by the ESL. What is the difference ? As for the schools fees.. RC is HK$ 86,000 and ESF iis around HK$ 82,500 . so only difference of HK$ 350 per month !

130#
發表於 06-8-8 18:56 |只看該作者

Will RC orgainze any open day for potential parents?

131#
發表於 06-8-10 14:34 |只看該作者

Hi Saturn, hope to hear your advice ...

1) Which kindy your kid was studying before   

2)Any interview for RC's P1 (=local K3) ? If so, is it conducted solely in English ?

3)Are you speaking English to your kids daily ?

4) Are you satisfied with the Chinese standard of your kid ?

132#
發表於 06-8-10 17:49 |只看該作者

esp,

1) My kid studied in ESF's KG.

2) My kid's Y1 interview was solely conducted in Eng.

3) I spoke Eng. to my kid from 0-5 age.  Then, cantonese but sometimes Eng.

4) Definitely not.

Saturn.

133#
發表於 06-8-10 18:25 |只看該作者

Thanks a lot Saturn.

Initially, I'm thinking if RC stresses that much on Chinese teaching (20% though), it can be regarded somewhat as a local school. Then, perhaps kids with normal "cantonese-family background" will be accepted as usual. It seems to me now I have to give adequate English training to my baby in order to get into this school. You mentioned that you're not satisfied with your kid's Chinese standard. Are you comparing with those in local primary ? I guess its much much better then pure IS already, right ? Have you sent your kid to other Chinese class e.g.Kumon after school ?     Guess this is the dilemma faced by all mommies sending kids to IS  

134#
發表於 06-8-17 00:18 |只看該作者

hi,  my daughter will be attending P1 at RC this September.  Is there any working mom who can share her experience on managing their kid's school work (PIS or any IS)?  I am currently leading a regional position that I need to station in China every Tuesday through Thursday.  I am not sure if I can manage my kid with this work schedule anymore.  It would be very much appreciated if you can share the followings,
1.  What does a typical school week looks like?
2.  How much homework is required for a P1 student each day?
3.  Any tips to manage your kids study if you are also a busy mom.

Thanks
Whou

135#
發表於 06-8-18 17:57 |只看該作者

My kid this year is P. 2 in RC.  I'm also working mom.  
- No homework each day, homework on Friday only.
- Ha Ha. I'm busy also.  So,I told my maid everyweek doing homework with her and I just take a revision only.  But, I will read all the memo.
- Every month they will send you a note and told you what they teaching and focus on the month.  Not differcult.
- They really very creative.  Not differcult.

136#
發表於 06-8-19 10:12 |只看該作者

For those currently studying in RC, what do you think of the standards ? Does anyone know of the universities where the students of RC will usually go to ?

137#
發表於 06-8-19 18:57 |只看該作者

[ 本帖最後由 CherylMum 於 09-11-17 17:23 編輯 ]

138#
發表於 06-8-20 00:08 |只看該作者

Today buy the uniform already but the fabric of the dress and trouser very thick.

139#
發表於 06-8-20 09:15 |只看該作者

I was browsing through the staff list at RC.. and found that most of them are PYP teachers, head of departments,.. What abt the MYP and DP teachers ? Why are there no introduction ? does anyone knows ?

醒目開學勳章

140#
發表於 06-8-20 17:05 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
‹ 上一主題|下一主題