教育王國 討論區 番禺會所華仁小學 番禺會所華仁小學(二) - July 2007
樓主: 麟媽媽
go

番禺會所華仁小學(二) - July 2007 [複製鏈接]

1221#
發表於 08-5-15 12:53 |只看該作者
Some light reading.....

英語世界:潮語Vogue- words
最近本港掀起一陣「潮語」熱話。「潮語」者,並非潮州人說的方言,而是流行於本港人的口語,當中不乏生動有趣的例子。很多朋友問:這些潮語,英文怎麼說?我即時「O晒嘴」,有被人「屈機」之感,唯有立即「潛水」回家,拚命查字典,找到下列詞彙,跟大家分享:

「O 嘴 」:to be aghast

She stood aghast at the horrible sight.

她被所見嚇得目瞪口呆。

潮語:她看到那可怕景物後「O晒嘴」。

He was completely dumbfounded by the teacher's unjustified reprimand.

老師不合理的斥責使他驚訝。

潮語:老師罵他,他「O晒嘴」。

They were dismayed at her refusal to cooperate. 他們對於她拒絕合作的行為表示失望。

潮語:她不肯合作,大家「O晒嘴」。

「屈機 」: to get someone under one's thumb

You've got him under your thumb.

你把他管住了。

潮語:你「屈佢機 」。

Our school team was beaten hollow .

我們的校隊被徹底打敗。

潮語:我地校隊被人「屈機」。

They gave us a real shellacking.

他們把我們打得落花流水。

潮語:我地慘被「屈機」。

「潛水」: to stay in hiding

He stayed in hiding for three years. 他隱藏了3年。

潮語:他「潛了3年水」。

She secluded herself in her flat to study.    

她把自己關在屋內讀書。

潮語:她「潛水」於家中溫書。

After his wife died, he has been leading an isolated existence in the mainland.

自從妻子去世後,他便過著與世隔絕的生活。

潮語:太太死後,他便「潛水」去內地住。

「潮爆」: to be all the vogue

This hair style is all the vogue nowadays.

這款髮型是最流行的。

潮語:嘩!這髮型「潮到爆」!

She likes to wear the trendiest clothes.

她愛穿最時髦衣服。

潮語:她愛穿「潮爆」的衣服。

This summer, miniskirts are all the rage .

這年夏天,短裙最流行。

潮語:今年夏天,迷你裙「潮到爆」。

「閃 」: to split

The students fled when they saw the discipline master came along.

紀律主任一來,同學匆忙離去。

潮語:一見紀律主任,同學即「閃」。

王國長老

1222#
發表於 08-5-15 16:49 |只看該作者
睇完晒...我都係未知咩情況下用「屈機」?!

1223#
發表於 08-5-16 15:38 |只看該作者
Afternoon friends :)

1224#
發表於 08-5-16 15:40 |只看該作者
麟媽

That maybe the hidden meaning of the government want us "Lifetime learning".  Mind you Page One is out of stock for the below flash card.

Accordingly to the flash card, it will probably be like take advantage of something in an 鑑粗 manner!

原文章由 麟媽媽 於 08-5-15 16:49 發表
睇完晒...我都係未知咩情況下用「屈機」?!

1225#
發表於 08-5-19 14:20 |只看該作者

1226#
發表於 08-5-19 14:21 |只看該作者
Pls join the 3-minutes silence for the 512 earthquake in China.

1227#
發表於 08-5-20 12:12 |只看該作者

1228#
發表於 08-5-20 12:18 |只看該作者
No wonder our kid's school has participated the 3-minutes' silence y'day.

致學校信件:悼念四川地震死難同胞
http://www.edb.gov.hk/FileManager/TC/Common/MourningLetter_C.pdf

Also, 范 太 率 領 議 員 同 參 觀 立 法 會 學 生 默 哀 , believe those are our school's students too.  But what grade?

1229#
發表於 08-5-20 12:25 |只看該作者
華仁推行小班增聘老師
19/05/2008
Oriental Daily

廿

1230#
發表於 08-5-20 12:34 |只看該作者
Poor display, don't know why, click below to have the full article.

http://orientaldaily.on.cc/archive/index.html?content=/archive/20080519/new/new_a00cnt.html

[quote]原文章由 chelsea 於 08-5-20 12:25 發表
華仁推行小班增聘老師

\

王國長老

1231#
發表於 08-5-21 10:12 |只看該作者
Chelsea,

早兩日五年班學生參觀立法會,
2:28pm 剛好仍在那裡,所以一齊默哀。

原文章由 chelsea 於 08-5-20 12:18 發表
No wonder our kid's school has participated the 3-minutes' silence y'day.

致學校信件:悼念四川地震死難同胞
http://www.edb.gov.hk/FileManager/TC/Common/MourningLetter_C.pdf

Also, 范 太 率 領 議 員 同  ...

1232#
發表於 08-5-21 16:44 |只看該作者
大家好!

請大家同我分柝我的困繞, 阿仔從K1入學到現在, 我都心儀華仁小學, 所以也不斷留意BK家長們的forum, 到今年他已是K3 student, 面對選學校的問題, 第一回合, 當然無我阿仔份, (因為無宗教和第二名仔無分等...) 總之我不斷寫信比錢校長, 搵盡人力幫助, 但到現在5月尾了, 距離第二回合公佈只得二個多星期, 但心中特然有種說不出的困繞, 我現在是"強求", 還是 "曾取"? 好矛盾!

身為一個mama, 當然要為子女舖路, 特別是幼年時期, 上到中學就靠自己了. 但只怕這是我一相情願, 其實直資小學己收了阿仔, 而自己當日又放棄了統一派位的權利. 心知機會小, 但不斷努力只是希望有留班位可作補上, 日子越來越近, 心中確實不是味道, 好多人同我講 : "天父自有安排, 會找到合適的學校比阿仔" 但我現在不斷寫叩門信, 是否不對呢? "曾取" 後如果先知不適合阿仔, 係咪"強求", 逆天意呢!  唔努力"曾取"又好似未盡力咁! 總之好煩惱!

Thank you for your sharing and advise.
TTJTmama

原文章由 chelsea 於 08-5-20 12:34 發表
Poor display, don't know why, click below to have the full article.

http://orientaldaily.on.cc/archive/index.html?content=/archive/20080519/new/new_a00cnt.html

[quote]原文章由 chelsea 於 08-5-20 12: ...

1233#
發表於 08-5-22 12:09 |只看該作者

1234#
發表於 08-5-22 12:15 |只看該作者
FYI

英語世界:學習地震詞彙 莫忘賑災義舉

震天動地的四川大地震掀起了全球人民的關注,大家同心協力投入抗災救人的工作,有錢出錢、有力出力,充分顯示了人類互助的崇高情操,正式體現了「同一世界、同一仁慈」的精神。  除了提醒同學要關注事態發展、關心祖國災民、盡可能參與籌款賑災的義舉外,當然要趁機引入教學元素,讓大家進入英語世界,接觸有關地震的詞彙,學學如何用英語表達有關地震的情景。  

要學有關地震的詞彙,必須認識的是 “seismic”這個字根。 “seismic” 解作「地震的」,所以很多地震詞語都和 “seismic”連結,舉例如下:  

seismic activity 地震活動  Seismic activity was detected in the area of Sichuan .  (四川錄得地震活動。)  

seismic data 地震數據  They have collected much seismic data to analyse.  (他們搜集了不少地震數據來作分析。)  

seismic analysis 地震分析  With sufficient seismic analysis, further damage to the seismic area can be minimized.  (足夠的地震分析可減少災區進一步的損失。)  

seismic signal 地震信號  Seismic signals alerted villagers to the imminent earthquake.  (地震信號警醒了災區的村民。)  

seismic geophone (seismograph)地震檢測儀  If only we had more sophisticated seismic geophones !  (假如咱們有較先進的地震檢測儀就好多啦!)  

seismic wave 地震波  When an earthquake occurs, seismographs can record the strength of the seismic waves.  (地震發生時,地震儀便可錄取地震波的強度。)  

seismology 地震學  The study of seismology enables us to know more about earthquakes.  (地震學的研究讓我們認識地震。)  

seismologist地震學家  Seismologists from all over the world flooded to the seismic zones to help.  (全球各地的地震學家湧到地震區協助。)  seismic subduction zone 板塊沉澱區  The seismic subduction zones have shown signs of rapid movement recently.  (那板塊沉澱區最近有急劇的移動。)  

seismic gap 地震活動空白地帶  The seismic gap in that area predicts future strong earthquakes.  (那地震活動空白地帶預告將會有強烈地震。)

最重要的是借此欄向讀者再三呼籲:四川的同胞正處於水深火熱中,大家切記要關注災情、關心災民、在能力範圍內扶他們一把!

1235#
發表於 08-5-22 12:26 |只看該作者
麟媽,

Thanks and I can tell my son tonight, he asked me why he didn't invite to that activity.

Chelsea

原文章由 麟媽媽 於 08-5-21 10:12 發表
Chelsea,

早兩日五年班學生參觀立法會,
2:28pm 剛好仍在那裡,所以一齊默哀。

1236#
發表於 08-5-22 12:34 |只看該作者
TTJTMaMa,

Have faith, one can get it!

I fully understand your feeling but according to the current pointing system, one will have an inferior position if one does not have enough points.  But I'm surprised to see you have forgone the central allocation as you have accepted the DSS.  Then how could you show you're sincere to this school if you have not chosen them.  

Looks like the strategy might be keep sending your letter to the principal and ask for an interview, but this could be achieved after the announcement of the central allocation.

Chance is still there, but whether you could wait or not.  Wish you luck and keep us posted of the result.  My prayers are with you.

Chelsea

原文章由 TTJTMaMa 於 08-5-21 16:44 發表
大家好!

請大家同我分柝我的困繞, 阿仔從K1入學到現在, 我都心儀華仁小學, 所以也不斷留意BK家長們的forum, 到今年他已是K3 student, 面對選學校的問題, 第一回合, 當然無我阿仔份, (因為無宗教和第二名仔無分等.. ...

王國長老

1237#
發表於 08-5-23 11:14 |只看該作者
Chelsea,

話比仔仔知到佢五年班都有得去架喇,
因為五年班常識教立法會,
所以學校會同佢地去參觀加深認識架。

原文章由 chelsea 於 08-5-22 12:26 發表
麟媽,

Thanks and I can tell my son tonight, he asked me why he didn't invite to that activity.

Chelsea

1238#
發表於 08-5-23 12:22 |只看該作者
Dear Chelsea,

Thank you for your respond.

當時我在交留位費的前2小時, 真係好矛盾! 這間直資同華仁相比, 只是坐二望一, 但放棄了就一定要接受統一派位的安排, 雖然地址是12區, 但可以派入Wah Yan的機會不大,  真係唔咁博!  又無其他心儀小學作後路.  記得當日自己決定唔倒, 一條氣冲番阿仔的幼稚園, 揾老師和校長諮詢和比意見, 点知當天正是招生日, 好多小一, 二的家長都番學校幫手, 當時PTA主席更立刻幫我搵這兩校的家長同我分柝, 在最後1小時就趕去pay deposit & 簽同意書, 因為我怕兩頭唔到岸! 係這段期間, 校長, 老師和家長都叫我交比天父主宰, 但自又不斷寫叩門信, 明明現在已交了deposit, means confirmed and accepted the offer 啦, 但又死心不息, 真唔知自已做這一切是對或錯?

Thanks yours kindness!
TTJTmama

原文章由 chelsea 於 08-5-22 12:34 發表
TTJTMaMa,

Have faith, one can get it!

I fully understand your feeling but according to the current pointing system, one will have an inferior position if one does not have enough points.  But I'm su ...

1239#
發表於 08-5-23 16:32 |只看該作者
TTJTMaMa,

It's like choosing the diaper or infant formula for your kid.  You choose by word of mouth and also personal preference.  

Now your kid is no longer a baby but a young child.  He will watch from your back the motion that you've done.  Is the confirmed school is inferior to the WYPS and why WYPS doesn't accept him, a lot of questions for the disappointment and frustration might occur.

I'm not saying you should stop now, but at a reasonable timeframe and let go.  Give yourself in 4 months time, if you have tried your every possible ways to look for an opportunity but still failure, this is WYPS lose the best student.

You should believe in yourself, you've already chosen the best for your kid, every road leads to Rome.  You understand what I mean, our main goal is for our kid to meet in the Uni.

If you need to share the unstable feeling, you can pm and we can chat on this.

Chelsea

原文章由 TTJTMaMa 於 08-5-23 12:22 發表
Dear Chelsea,

Thank you for your respond.

當時我在交留位費的前2小時, 真係好矛盾! 這間直資同華仁相比, 只是坐二望一, 但放棄了就一定要接受統一派位的安排, 雖然地址是12區, 但可以派入Wah Yan的機會不大,   ...

1240#
發表於 08-5-23 16:40 |只看該作者
麟媽,

Ah, now that I know.  Good to have advanced news in this forum.

Chelsea

原文章由 麟媽媽 於 08-5-23 11:14 發表
Chelsea,

話比仔仔知到佢五年班都有得去架喇,
因為五年班常識教立法會,
所以學校會同佢地去參觀加深認識架。
‹ 上一主題|下一主題