密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 啟思小學附屬幼稚園
樓主: lily_liu817
go

啟思小學附屬幼稚園 [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 09-11-24 14:37 |只看該作者
My daughter admitted to both York and Creative. I also want to know more comparison between these 2 schools.

I think each has its strong points:
1) York: more result oriented and can match up good with traditional primary school, offers Cambridge course

2) Creative: project approach and more exposure to daily life knowledge

It's really headache on how to choose the school.

原帖由 LamSaSaBB 於 09-11-24 00:30 發表

May I have some comments on the comparison between York and 啟思小學附屬幼稚園? other than the school fee of Creative Primary as we may not let our kid study at their Primary school due to the expen ...

62#
發表於 09-11-24 15:33 |只看該作者
Hi everyone..

Our son who is a small bb (oct 24) is also admitted to both Creative Primary school's kindergarten (CPSK) and York.  We got the offer letter Monday after the interview on Saturday, very surprised also cos it's so quick.

We have paid the deposit for CPSK and will be paying for York as well as we also cannot decide on which one is better for him.  Also waiting for Victoria, KV and Cannan after the interviews.

Personally... we find it very hard to decide because we feel that the staff at CPSK is very very nice, will be an excellent environment for my son to learn and will be very happy.  But at the same time worried about his academic achievements as York has those Cambridge and Stafford English and Maths tests which will help his primary school intake.  I think both schools will give him a good solid foundation in languages as both speak english, chinese and mandarin.  Both schools has small teaching class, and both schools teach them by their own method rather than 'pushing them like ducks'.  And also fees are pretty much the same with the extra tests York has to offer.

After the interviews... we are more impressed by CPSK as there were a lot of staff and they were all very cheerful and helpful, where as York's interview teacher weren't very nice (and her english is not very good either)- so we are a bit worried about that, however, while we were waiting for York's interview, there was a Ms. Leung who is keeping the children entertained with singing, dancing and games which my son absolutely loved and she makes me trust York's teaching standard.  So it's still very hard to decide... still waiting on other kindergarten's results, but interesting to see what other parents think :)

63#
發表於 09-11-24 16:11 |只看該作者
原帖由 kenoism 於 09-11-24 15:33 發表
Hi everyone..

Our son who is a small bb (oct 24) is also admitted to both Creative Primary school's kindergarten (CPSK) and York.  We got the offer letter Monday after the interview on Saturday, very ...

Being a mother of a K2 kid, I can say the scene you saw on that day is the real picture of the kindergarten. Teachers and admin staff are very polite. Much better than KV, SC, HKPS..............in this aspect.

64#
發表於 09-11-24 20:55 |只看該作者
Creative Primary has NET teacher so does it mean 1,5 hour will be in english only?
and 1,5 hour in mandrain?
so no exposure to cantonese at all?
anybody know and can help what is daily life like in Creative Primary?

原帖由 share123 於 09-11-24 16:11 發表

Being a mother of a K2 kid, I can say the scene you saw on that day is the real picture of the kindergarten. Teachers and admin staff are very polite. Much better than KV, SC, HKPS..............in t ...

65#
發表於 09-11-24 22:43 |只看該作者
I'm also impressed by their teaching approach, say to develop kid's independent thinking and solving problem's ability.  That's a whole-person education.

However, is their curriculum too simple (I read a another thread that a parent mentioned CPS's K3 = other kinder's K2 standard !) which is not easy to link to those traditional primary?

66#
發表於 09-11-25 09:38 |只看該作者
原帖由 fatma2222 於 09-11-24 20:55 發表
Creative Primary has NET teacher so does it mean 1,5 hour will be in english only?
and 1,5 hour in mandrain?
so no exposure to cantonese at all?
anybody know and can help what is daily life like in Cr ...

No, the NET and the two Cantonese teachers will divide the students into a few groups. They will take turns to teach the students in each group. So, children have more attention and they can ask more question about the topic.

The mandarin teacher will conduct the lesson as a whole.

67#
發表於 09-11-25 09:44 |只看該作者
原帖由 cctung 於 09-11-24 22:43 發表
I'm also impressed by their teaching approach, say to develop kid's independent thinking and solving problem's ability.  That's a whole-person education.

However, is their curriculum too simple (I r ...

Yes, if you compare with KV, SC, Keenmind and talk about how many words the kids recognize or write, I can say the kids will learn sth that is less 'countable' coz this is not their focus. Their focus is presentation, willing to learn and happy school life. Initiative to learn is far more important than counting how many words a kid knows at this stage.

68#
發表於 09-11-25 10:41 |只看該作者
Hi Share123:

I definitely agree with you on the initative on learning.  I think learning is a life-time, and not just short term focusing on admit into a traditional primary school.

I think you will share the same view with me.  Whenever the teachers teach a new topic, my son is very keen to learn more, even ask me to do research together.

As for the number of words recognize and write, as, CPSKG may not able to write as many words as other kids, but not necessary not recognize.  The school encourages the students to read books.  For English, my boy may not able to spell well, like the traditional primary,  but he can recongize many English words, that I doubt if the others can do that.  My son can use words like "extraordinary", "splendid" etc to enrich a sentence already.

Plus CPSKG teaches phonics.  You can memorize all the spelling, but phonics really helps you a lot in prounication and remember a word.  

原帖由 share123 於 09-11-25 09:44 發表

Yes, if you compare with KV, SC, Keenmind and talk about how many words the kids recognize or write, I can say the kids will learn sth that is less 'countable' coz this is not their focus. Their foc ...

69#
發表於 09-11-26 23:20 |只看該作者
any idea if York or Creative Primary can lead to better Primary school?

原帖由 miumama_2007 於 09-11-25 10:41 發表
Hi Share123:

I definitely agree with you on the initative on learning.  I think learning is a life-time, and not just short term focusing on admit into a traditional primary school.

I think you wil ...

70#
發表於 09-11-27 10:04 |只看該作者
原帖由 fatma2222 於 09-11-26 23:20 發表
any idea if York or Creative Primary can lead to better Primary school?

I think pretty much the same. You may apply for all private schools and DSS or choose to join the "lucky draw". For me, I will apply a few private schools for my kid. If you want to enter the most famous one, only kindergarten's education is not enough. More importantly, you have to build up your kids' portfolio by joining different competitions and activities.

If I have more money, I would be happy to let my kid study at Creative Primary School.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題