教育王國 討論區 基督堂幼稚園 基督堂幼稚園 CCKG - Chatroom
樓主: Ricka
go

基督堂幼稚園 CCKG - Chatroom [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 05-1-4 10:14 |只看該作者

基督堂幼稚園 CCKG - Chatroom

Chinese_B

In fact, I want to join this year.  Did you use DV to tape it.  If yes, can you share with me please.

Ricka

42#
發表於 05-1-5 12:04 |只看該作者

Re: 基督堂幼稚園 CCKG - Chatroom

Dear Ricka,

Grateful if you could also PM me your advice or opinions of CCKG and some tips about the interview!

My husband is an old boy of CCKG and DBSP, would it be an advantage?

Many thanks
Cat

43#
發表於 05-1-5 12:34 |只看該作者

Ricka,
Mygirl will have an interview in the end of this month, can you give me some advice, and can you tell me more about your opinion about CCKG, many thanks!
Tweety彤媽 :-P

44#
發表於 05-1-5 12:59 |只看該作者

Dear Ricka,
I also need the information, please PM to me as well.
Many thanks.
MarcusMa

45#
發表於 05-1-6 17:41 |只看該作者

Dear Ricka,

Could you please also email me the information on CCKG as my daughter will have interview on Jan 26.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
Mel

46#
發表於 05-1-6 17:44 |只看該作者

Dear Ricka,

Could you please also email me the information on CCKG as my daughter will have interview on Jan 26?

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
Mel

47#
發表於 05-1-7 00:03 |只看該作者

Hi Mel,

What information you need ?  See if I could assist you ?  My daughter is now studying in K2.  

Good luck.

48#
發表於 05-1-7 16:55 |只看該作者

hello alvinivy
my daughter is also having interview on 26th, may i have yr opinion n hints for the interview?  
i really hope she can make it n get into CCKG.

49#
發表於 05-1-7 22:36 |只看該作者

Hi Tiffcl,

Only interview with children and no such for parents.  Conducted by the Headmistress alone in English.  So, no one would know exactly what would be asked during the interview as children are also too young to tell the same after the interview.  But, after the interview, the headmistress will give a candy to children to see if they would say "thank you".  The headmistress is famous in picking up the right candidate.  The basic requirement, I think, is that children should be able to understand and speak simple English.  Of course, able to speak fluent English is absolutely an advantage.  Before the interview, a few children and their parents would be arranged to wait outside the Headmistress room who will then come out of her room and take the children to her room for interview.  The headmistress will not keep any profile but she will take it along with her during the interview.  Proper dressing and be polite.  Other factors will also be taken into consideration : report in K1, parents career/old boys/girls in CCKG/DBS/DGS, religious belief, extracurrilar activities.  But they are not must.   All above is only my opinion and wish them of assistance to you.  Good luck.         

50#
發表於 05-1-9 23:06 |只看該作者

My daughter just interviewed last week.  She told me the Headmistress is very nice.  When they are in the room, the Headmistress asked her about her name, alphabet, shape, and animals.  The time is not too long.  After interview, the Headmistress said good bye to my daughter and throw a kiss to her. However, my daughter is only enjoy her candy.  

51#
發表於 05-1-10 15:13 |只看該作者

Thank you, Alvinivy

My kid was similar...  name, color, shape and candy...

Ricka

52#
發表於 05-1-10 15:19 |只看該作者

Dear all parents,

Did anybody notice some children start crying before their interview?  Can you give me some advice?  What's the name of the Principal?  Highly appreciated of your quick response.  Million thanks!

53#
發表於 05-1-10 17:42 |只看該作者

Dear Ricka,

Could you also email me at [email protected] for the information on CCKG as my daughter will have an interview.

Many thanks.

Monie

54#
發表於 05-1-10 18:28 |只看該作者

Can anyone tell me who will take the child into the room? The Headmistress or someone else?
Many thanks for your reply.

55#
發表於 05-1-10 18:57 |只看該作者

The headmistress is the one taking them in.  So, firstly your child should not scare of foreigner.  Try to teach your child to hold her hand and on the way into the room say "Good morning Mrs. Fielding" instead of just "Good morning".

56#
發表於 05-1-11 13:35 |只看該作者

Thank you Chima, my kid will have the interview tomorrow and I hope he can go with Mrs. Fielding.

57#
發表於 05-1-11 14:08 |只看該作者

Hi, Chima & other mamas here,

I desperately aim for a place of CCKG, because of their teaching environment, academic quality and moral educations.

However, my baby girl is very small now at 13 months old. She was born in Dec 2003. I am planning to send her to K1 in 2006 Sep. That means she will have interview in the coming Sep-Dec before she reaching 2 yrs old. I have the following queries, please help me since you may have experience on the below:

1.May I ask if it is higher chance to get a place in K2 of CCKG if she studied K1 in St. Catherine? How about Kentville? What is the reason behind? Is it because of the English level of St. Cat can cope with those of CCKG?

2. Will it be an advantage if I can provide an English-speaking environment to my child by hiring a Filipino maid/ Eng-speaking Indonesian maid? Because my current maid doesn't not speak English at all... But how about the ascent problem? I think both Filipino English and Singlish (of Indonesian maid) are terrible!!

3. Other than a high rate of admission to DGJS, how about the chance to other reputable primary sch? Like St Paul Co-ed, Maryknoll and St. Mary's? Pls advise if you have any idea.

It is very headache and nervous for me to get a right and easiest route for my baby. It will be very appreciated if anyone of you can share your experience and comments. Thank you very much in advance.

58#
發表於 05-1-11 14:20 |只看該作者

IceCrm,

While leaving other questions to those mothers, I would like to tell you that your girl would probably have the interview in Jan 2007.  It is because they only accept applicants born in one particular year.  Your girl will be 3 years old by that time.  This year they accept applicants born in 2001 only.   

59#
發表於 05-1-11 14:50 |只看該作者

Dear HuiTung,

oh.. yes.. thank you for your info. Actually I know I am too early to ask about CCKG. But I am eager to know more for my planning. You are right that my child should apply for admission of 2007.

60#
發表於 05-1-11 16:41 |只看該作者

IceCrm,

1.  I do not know if St. Cat has a higher chance of acceptance.  However, both the cousins of my kid (studied St. Cat) were not able to get into CCKG.

2.  I believe the reason why St. Cat has a higher % (if it is true) is because of the number of students they have.  As you may be aware, they have over 600 students a year.  Say if 5% of their students go into CCKG.  30 students out of 84 would become 35% of CCKG's accepted one.

3.  My kid studied an International Kindergarten when he applied CCKG, not St. Cat nor Kentville..

4.  The teaching between St. Cat and CCKG are different.  There are no computer class and phonics class in CCKG, please note.

5.  The principal name is Mrs. Fielding.

Moniepp

Please see Alvinivy note for Interview.  I do not have anything else to add.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題