搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 St Catherine's interview
樓主: linchan
go

St Catherine's interview [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 04-11-12 15:31 |只看該作者

Re: St Catherine's interview

謙謙今朝interview11:30am, 11:15am到, 本來唔係排好耐, 不過入到間面試房就等o左幾耐, 因為一個miss去廁所, 一個miss又in好耐!

D問題大致相同,
問名字, 幾多歲- 識答
邊個同你o黎-冇答, 要miss指著我, 問我係邊個, 佢先答媽咪
形狀配對 - 錯兩個, 最後要幫先可以完成
揀波板糖 - o岩, 反轉係咩, 第一個係掃地, 都o岩.
             第二個係鉛筆, 佢死都唔肯講, 只係話畫畫
                      miss 叫佢再揀一個,係叉...終於都知.
             miss 最後比個波佢, 佢冇講多謝, 要提幾次先講
之後問我點解揀呢間學校, 放假去邊, 有咩期望?
我諗50/50啦, 因為他雖然肯答, 但要(3催4請)先完成....

:cry:

42#
發表於 04-11-12 15:41 |只看該作者

hello all moms,
i've just finished interview today. The school arrangement is O.K. and well organized. You don't need to wait too long.

personally, I find the question is a little bit hard for two years old children. Besides the shape matching. color telling, action copying, picking out the indifferent picture .my son was aslo asked which children from the picture he likes most and demonstrated what the boy did.

Hope all moms good luck.

for your infomation, the mom who queue before me trying to accompany with her son with one more quardian was rejected, the teacher said it was not fair to other parents.

43#
發表於 04-11-12 15:42 |只看該作者

The arrangements is good for parents but not indeed for the kids. The queue moved very fast that no need to wait for a long time. The teacher are very nice. I really think that kids need to warm up by some toys.    Kids need to explore everywhere especially in the strange situation. I saw a girl take some stuff to play from the shelve and the teacher ask them to put down politely. But I think it will not make the girl a bit uncomfortable, then my daughter did so, and i told her not to play that things because they are belongs to the kids studing here.

The questions were difficlut and focus on testing you how much knowledge you got. In some other interviews , they will test you the action and response.

My daughter is doing very well all the times in so many interview,even today's afternoon in other KG. Everytime I ask her whether she loves to talk to teacher , she says absolutely "yes'. After St. catherine's interview, she asked not to talk to teacher more. I think she didn't feel fun and enjoyable. But when I asked her if she love to talk to teacher after the other interview today after St.catherine. She said "Yes", and loved that school very much.

From the interview, I feel this kinder maybe not my cup of tea. My daughter could answer almost all the questions, but sometimes need to teacher to give some hints. And I don't  give her some help to finish.

I'm confident on all the pervious interview and all of them has accepted her already , but not this time. The chance may be under 50% as so many applicants.

Good luck to all

醒目開學勳章

44#
發表於 04-11-12 15:50 |只看該作者

HuiTung 寫道:
睇到呢度, 先知眼原來有咁多用途!      

講多個用途比你知丫,就係訓覺!

45#
發表於 04-11-12 15:57 |只看該作者

My daughter didn't say good morning when she go inside, even I remind her she's still shut her mouth. I can only keep telling her "Don't be shy!!" (actually I want to let the teacher know she is shy).

And then when the teacher ask her what is your name, still no reply from her, until the teacher said what's a nice picture, who is she? (she pointed to the picture which stick on the application form), then my daughter start to talk and said it is me. Then the teacher ask her what is your name, how old are you, who bring you to come here, point to your eye, she replied correctly. The teacher said what's a clever girl! then she replied, yes, I am a clever girl! (I almost fall down when she said like this) and my daughter asked her "what is your name?", the teacher was a bit surprised and then she replied anyway "I am Mrs XXXX, can you say Mrs XXXX?" My daughter shut her mounth (the teacher's name is abit hard to pronounce correctly).
The Teacher say "Is it hard for you to say?"
My daughter say "Yes, it is hard for me" then she smile.

But when the teacher ask "what your eyes for?" She didn't replied, she keep on simling and pretend to drawing on the table and then said "I am painting" (actually she know the answer but she just want to make fun, if you ask her A, she will replied B, that is what she did recently)
Teacher asked her to do colour and shade matching and identify the different picture out from 5 and describe what are kids doing in the picture. Some correct and some wrong.

Question to me is, why did I chose this school? What is my expectation on her? Do I have particular expectation from the kindergarten? Do I need to work? Who take care of her at home? How much times do I spend on her per day? What are we doing at home?
When I talk about my daughter likes to draw, read, sing and dance.
The teacher turn to my girl and said "You likes sing and dance?" My daughter said "Yes, I can sing and dance." Then my daughter start to sing her favorite song...........
At the end, the teacher gave me a ballnoon. When my daughter saw the ballnoon, she ask me to blow it up, I said I can't then she turn to the teacher and said "blow it up". I asked "Did you say please?" (I was so bad I should not teach her to ask teacher to blow it up for her) My daughter said "blow it up please" finally the teacher blow it up for her.
When we about to leave the classroom. My daughter back to the teacher and ask "Where are you going??" The teacher said "I am not going, I will stay here" She turn to me and asked "Where are you going" then I replied "I am going home" But she still doesn't want to leave the classroom until I saw I am going, she just come after me but without say "goodbye to the teacher".
She was a bit out of control today, recently she really likes to make fun. Anyway, good luck to all of you.......

46#
發表於 04-11-12 16:15 |只看該作者

codychan

妳唔好唔開心,保持平常心,就算阿仔唔喊,都唔係一定BINGO

appleycma

47#
發表於 04-11-12 16:17 |只看該作者

jess647

非常多謝你的安慰,而家心情平伏了好多,但個心情仍然很down及未能原諒個仔同老公。

剛剛與St Catherine's的譚主任傾電話,佢了解o佐我仔的情況,及投訴o佐比

48#
發表於 04-11-12 16:25 |只看該作者

codychan,

I regret to hear that you had a hard time in SC.  I were in the interview room so I don't know what had happened outside.  Just share with us at any time when you feel comfortable.   

49#
發表於 04-11-12 16:31 |只看該作者

cpmummy,
Heard about your daughter, I think she will not fail,
her performance so good , If I were teacher , I also like your daughter!! She can answer about 90% question!
Do you confidence to pass?

50#
發表於 04-11-12 16:33 |只看該作者

appleycma

多謝你地的回應及有些媽媽的私人pm。

我當時EQ非常高達至101度,我盡量同個仔講故仔、唱歌,講東講西。
我仔無interview呀走了!pm再講

51#
發表於 04-11-12 16:39 |只看該作者

Hi codychan,
Why you don't give one more chance to your son to interview again?
You don't like there?

52#
發表於 04-11-12 16:49 |只看該作者

In my first Image, there are some staffs is not (有愛心) and black face, it may be my son is big crying la.

And then I phoned to complaint a teacher, so I think my son is not suiatable to study at there.

codychan

53#
發表於 04-11-12 17:04 |只看該作者

Hello codychan

Which other kinders you have applied for your son?  Hope you can find another good one for him soon.

54#
發表於 04-11-12 17:09 |只看該作者

I have interview at 11:30am today. I was also upset after the interview cause my son could not answer 2-3 questions.
(1) What's the ears for? too difficult for 2 year old!!
(2) He could not answer the picture w/ bucket of water and mok.
But's all mum please DON'T BE ANGRY with your child, I observed my son tried very hard to figured out the answers from his little mind. The teacher dragged on too long on those he could not answer and wasted time.
Last Sat we had a happy time in York's interview and he was admitted within a few days.  I believed in my son's ability but only that St. Catherine was really a bit difficult and too little time for him.

55#
發表於 04-11-12 17:13 |只看該作者

My interview time was 9:30, we arrived there on time, but my son was not in a mood to go in without his pacifier.......after some hassle, I managed to remove his pacifier -- that was around 9:45. When we waited at the first line, he wanted me to carry him and I couldn't get rid of him.

So we kept on wandering and heard some crying sound at the back -- maybe its Codychan and her BB. My son was about to cry as well when I tried to put him down -- but the Western lady was quite nice , she told me to carry him as it made no difference as to whether the kid is walking into the room by himself or being carried by his parent. So I carried him.  When he got into the registration room, my son behaved better, he sat on the chair by himself and moved along the line.

We  took the English interview -- when we're waiting in the room, I was amazed with one of the little girl -- it seems that her name is Niki, she asnwered all questions, and pointed to the wall and told the teacher .... ABC.....and ran towards the noticeboard and pointed at those alphabets.  More still, the girl is so pretty like her MOM with 2 big round eyes ... I'm sure she'll get in.

My son's turn ....he performed consistently -- from the beginning till the end he didn;'t say a word!!
At first he didn;t even want to follow the instructions, after I moved his hand to touch the items, he then completed all tasks by himself -- color matching, gave the teacher the cards.....but in terms of personal interaction , he did not respond, even when the teacher asked him where his eyes were. He just looked at the teacher .... I think the teacher might think he's an autistic child, HA!! But he did smile when the teacher gave him the balloon -- he blinked his eyes and smiled at the teacher -- don;t know whether the teacher would consider that as an answer to the Question of "what are your eyes for?"

When he got out of the school, he started babling nonsense to his father. When I asked him why he didn;'t answer the questions, he told me "yes, not asnwering."  

So my chance is as expected -- 0, unless  the teacher is so much impressed with the answers that I gave.

Good luck to all.

[img align=left]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p093b2f8d9a326f07fec7160770ffeec4/fc28be39.jpg.thumb[/img]

56#
發表於 04-11-12 17:30 |只看該作者

Dear all

I'm a new joiner.  Please don't worry because the kindergarten supply much more than demand.  And SC has totally 50 a.m. classes and 50 p.m. classes in two campus.  Cheer up !

My daughter will have an interview at 9:00 a.m. (SC) then 10:30 a.m. (Kentville).  She is a small girl (almost 25 months).  Hope she can answer the hard questions.  Keep in touch.   :

57#
發表於 04-11-12 17:42 |只看該作者

TinaMummy,

Where did you get the information SC has totally 50 a.m. classes and 50 p.m. classes in two campus?  I think you've got wrong information.  Actually, do you know how big are two campus?  It is impossible to have too many classes.  Don't mislead other parents.  You better ask SC teacher directly tomorrow.

58#
發表於 04-11-12 17:46 |只看該作者

你地最近果part攞波仔時, 係bb攞還是媽咪攞呀?

我地in時無做d color matching的test喎??
只係有pattern matching!!

59#
發表於 04-11-12 17:50 |只看該作者

dad999,

我睇到一d資料, St. Catherine 2003-04 收812個K1學生, 共46班. 唔知今年有幾多個BB申請呢?

60#
發表於 04-11-12 17:52 |只看該作者

I've asked the teacher how many classes they have for K1 -- the teacher asked me " you want ot know how many students they're taking or how many classes? " I said" How many classes first and my second question is how many students"
I forgot how many classes she said but I rememerbed she said they're taking around 200 students for am class. I said wow, then competition is really keen !

alanchoi -- the shape matching is actually color matching as well for us. The same shapes have the same colors. We need to match the colors (that's what the teacher said) and by matching the colors, the shapes will be identical.
[img align=left]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p093b2f8d9a326f07fec7160770ffeec4/fc28be39.jpg.thumb[/img]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題