用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Renassiance College (Phoenix )
樓主: Kareese
go

Renassiance College (Phoenix ) [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 06-6-24 17:50 |只看該作者
Re: Renassiance College (Phoenix )

[ 本帖最後由 CherylMum 於 09-11-17 16:52 編輯 ]
該用戶已被刪除

22#
發表於 06-6-24 18:04 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

23#
發表於 06-6-24 19:09 |只看該作者

Kareese,

I'm a Phoenix parent and will put my son in RC.
To answer your question, as far as I know, there's no difference between Phoenix and RC. As you said, just changing the location, the name and the fee. Of course the school is expanding too. Apart from Chinese teachers, all the teachers are foreigners. I won't say RC is a local school, it's in fact using an int'l school curriculum and the key language for teaching is English. But the Chinese is much more than other IS. They have 50 minutes Chinese lesson each day. But of course, their Chinese level is behind local school standard.

I feel happy with Phoenix so far, esp. my son's homeroom teacher is a very nice and cheerful woman. Honestly, I'm not a very dedicated and demanding mom in my son's education. Not sure if I can give you sufficient information.

Ruby

24#
發表於 06-6-25 08:12 |只看該作者

Thanks Ruby
Do you know how many students in a class in RC?
Do RC teach phonics in Y1?
Thanks for your reply.

醒目開學勳章

25#
發表於 06-6-25 23:17 |只看該作者

醒目開學勳章

26#
發表於 06-6-27 01:32 |只看該作者

27#
發表於 06-6-27 13:15 |只看該作者

It is difficult to say the english standard of RC because it just opened for a very very short time, i only know it is a private independent school from ESF which has no area catchment and welcome to all to apply, and so many students will be local residents.

醒目開學勳章

28#
發表於 06-6-27 15:06 |只看該作者

29#
發表於 06-6-27 19:08 |只看該作者

My son is a P1 PIS student.  Concerning the Eng. standard in PIS, I can only tell what I had observed from my son's class.  The kids in his class came from different kinds of KG.  Mostly St. Catherine, Think, ESF Tsingyi, Abacus, etc.  Kids who could get into PIS should have proved themselves the ability to communicate in Eng. but they don't need to be very fluent or talk like a native speaker.  In the beginning of the P1 school term, I could hear some kids with very strong Cantonese-Eng. accent.  Now, after almost a year, I can hear very obvious improvement.  At least, all the kids talk fluently with each other in Eng., though some of them like to joke with the application of Cantonese.  

The school teaches phonics in the class.  Started from Jan 06, kids are required to borrow an Eng. story book from the class back home & read it to the adult everyday.  My son can now read level 1-2 books fluently by himself  & needs little help from me for level 3 books.  Teachers encourage risk-taking on spelling words, that means kids use what they have learnt from phonics to try to spell words.  Sometimes I can find very funny spelling from my son's writing.

In summary, I don't think I should bother much about the eng. standard because it is already high enough if compared with local schools in general.  When I hear the teens of PIS talking among themselves, the fluency & accent is almost like a native speaker.  I do still bother their Chinese standard.  Even though PIS has put emphasis on teaching Chinese (one Chin. lesson a day, but for all the rest of the lessons, they use Eng. & is taught by native speaking teachers).         

30#
發表於 06-6-27 19:12 |只看該作者

Traditional Chinese is currently used.

31#
發表於 06-6-27 22:17 |只看該作者

[quote]
Ruby1219 寫道:
Kareese,

I'm a Phoenix parent and will put my son in RC.
To answer your question, as far as I know, there's no difference between Phoenix and RC. As you said, just changing the location, the name and the fee. Of course the school is expanding too. Apart from Chinese teachers, all the teachers are foreigners. I won't say RC is a local school, it's in fact using an int'l school curriculum and the key language for teaching is English. But the Chinese is much more than other IS. They have 50 minutes Chinese lesson each day. But of course, their Chinese level is behind local school standard.

I feel happy with Phoenix so far, esp. my son's homeroom teacher is a very nice and cheerful woman. Honestly, I'm not a very dedicated and demanding mom in my son's education. Not sure if I can give you sufficient information.

Ruby

I want to give a little more info. in addition to Ruby's posting.  Apart from the above mentioned changes, RC is now an IB candidate school in both PYP & MYP programmes, which is, a through-train IB programme from Y1-Y13.  I'm not sure if it is the first school in HK offering both programmes (details can be found from the IB website).  All the new employed teachers in RC should have past experience in teaching IB curriculum.  The new RC Principal, Mr Peter Kenny was the IB Regional Manager in Singapore.

32#
發表於 06-6-28 04:37 |只看該作者

Saturn,
I am very much interested in RC.  Mind to tell which kindergarten did your son come from?

33#
發表於 06-6-28 16:52 |只看該作者

Saturn,

我想請問你一些問題:

1.  中文堂是用Mandarin or Cantonese教的?
2.  每日有沒有中文家課, 如寫今日學過的中文字或詞語等?  
3.  家長在家要不要和小朋友

34#
發表於 06-6-28 17:39 |只看該作者

1. This is what the school proposed.  In P1, same as most other DSS, Putonghua is taught in both Putonghua & Cantonese.  From P2, it will be taught entirely in Putonghua by a native speaking Chinese teacher.

2.  Mon-Thu, kids finish their work at school.  Those who can't finish in the lesson have to continue the work during recess.  The curriculum is theme-based & each week changes the theme.  On Fri, kids bring in one Chin. & one Eng. homework.  Eng. is much easily than Chin. but in fact the workload of Chin. isn't that much.  There are only a few Chin. characters to be filled in the sentences.  (eg. For the theme about the school, the words they learnt are something like 學校, 禮堂, 老師, 同學).  The school expects kids spend about 30-45 mins. on HW but since I usually ask my son to erase his ugly writing, he spends about 1 hr - 1.5 hr sometimes.

3.  There is a CD kept at home which accompanies a book.  The book has to be used at school.  On Fri, kids bring back the book & parents are encouraged to listen the CD with the kids & ask the kids to sing the songs, follow the content to speak, etc.

P.S.  My son doesn't like Chin. much.  So his Chin. is quite poor.  If you want your kid to have better Chin, guess you need to ask him/her to practice more at home.

Saturn.   

35#
發表於 06-6-28 19:49 |只看該作者

Do you know how many students in a class in Pheonix/RC?

36#
發表於 06-6-28 20:37 |只看該作者

In PIS, the max. is now 26 students in a class.  For the next school term in RC, I think the max. is 30.

Saturn.

37#
發表於 06-6-28 21:45 |只看該作者

Thanks Saturn
That's what i think. Hope that the max will not more than 30.

38#
發表於 06-6-28 22:32 |只看該作者

H_A,

Are you gonna be RC parent?

Saturn.

醒目開學勳章

39#
發表於 06-6-28 23:42 |只看該作者

40#
發表於 06-6-29 11:48 |只看該作者

Saturn, thank you so much for your information.  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題