搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 DBSPD intervew
樓主: Gordon_No_4
go

DBSPD intervew [複製鏈接]

281#
發表於 06-10-31 21:28 |只看該作者

Re: DBSPD intervew

My husband and I have both been reading the threads so far , although we are very lazy at airring our views. But Morris mama try to cheer up. It's definately not the end of the world, although sometimes it feels that way. We as parents all want to do the best for our child but sometimes fate is not in our hands. ( But I know exactly how you feel..) all we can do is do our best. I think your son is very similar to mine he does not know there is no second chance, which is good as he is not stressed like we are, god forbid he feel stressed like we are at such a tender age.. He seems to be a very sweet boy and so try to cheer up and think how fortunate you are. The results aren't out yet so, anything is still possible! Just think he could be very smart but obnoxious child,.. which would you prefer?

He is still at the beginning of his life there are still plenty of opportunities.. so don't be too hard on yourself.   

282#
發表於 06-10-31 21:47 |只看該作者

very kind of you talking with me...

Gordon_No_4 寫道:
Dear morrismama,

My case is no better than yours. Don't worry. My son did not really answer the question to make a story out of the cards given. Rather, he told the teacher like "This is a house", "This is a cow", ..., card by card.    

He told me he was not interested in the cards given so he did not bother to make a story.

Take it easy!! (P.S. It is easy to tell the others and to oneself. I feel really worried too.)

283#
發表於 06-10-31 21:51 |只看該作者

tli 寫道:
My husband and I have both been reading the threads so far , although we are very lazy at airring our views. But Morris mama try to cheer up. It's definately not the end of the world, although sometimes it feels that way. We as parents all want to do the best for our child but sometimes fate is not in our hands. ( But I know exactly how you feel..) all we can do is do our best. I think your son is very similar to mine he does not know there is no second chance, which is good as he is not stressed like we are, god forbid he feel stressed like we are at such a tender age.. He seems to be a very sweet boy and so try to cheer up and think how fortunate you are. The results aren't out yet so, anything is still possible! Just think he could be very smart but obnoxious child,.. which would you prefer?

He is still at the beginning of his life there are still plenty of opportunities.. so don't be too hard on yourself.   

tli, very very kind of you!  I like what you said - he is not stressed like we are, god forbid he feel stressed like we are at such a tender age.

We just don't want our little ones to feel as stressful as we are.

284#
發表於 06-10-31 23:04 |只看該作者

morris_mama ,

我個仔絕不太好 too, 因為佢都係無講故事, 一切隨緣吧...
我相信係你既始終係, 吾係你既, 強求都吾可以....總之希望各bk mami 都可以好運啦......

285#
發表於 06-10-31 23:20 |只看該作者

Someone has pointed out in this thread that the group name just reflects the sequence number of your son.  For the interview of 9-10am, Group A was 1-50, B was 51-100, C was 101-150, D was 151-200 and E was 201 to 250.  I guess this observation may be right and the number of my son fitted into this pattern.

Also, it seems that the sequence number depends on when you submitted your application form.  The earlier you submitted the form, the smaller the number.

Some others mentioned the colour of the labels.  I guess the colours also don't have any special meaning.  My son told me that all the kids in the same room had the same colour.  The small circle sticker was added after he finished the interview.  So I guess, it was just a well to identify which group your kid is in and whether he has finished the interview -- crowd control.

My son also told me that there were more than 10 kids in the same room but not sure if there were more than 20.  6 in his group playing with a toy, which is a chef that can rotate with a detachable leg and a pizza.  The chef fell down from time to time and he seems to be having lots of fun.  6 in another group playing lego. 2 or 3 in the third group doing something (reading?) and the last group was drawing.

He told me that there were three other children in his kindergarten in the same room.  His classmate was sitting right next to him.  Perhaps, it explained why the kids were not released in strict sequential order at the end.  It seems that they were trying to arrange the kids from the same kindergarten in the same room.  Under this arrangement, the kids would be more relaxed and free to express themselves when playing together.

He said there was one teacher speaking Cantonese and another teacher speaking English.   Most of the time it was the Cantonese speaking teacher talking to them.  The English speaking teacher didn't seem to have talked to them much except calling them out for asking questions in another room.

He son told me that there were some cards and he remembered one of the card was a mouse.  He also remembered writing down a Chinese character on a picture.

He also recalled watching Nemo.  But there was nothing asked about the video.  I guess, it was just a way to get the kids occupied after the interview and before releasing them.

This is all I got from my son during the last couple of days bits by bits.  Sometimes, after reading this thread, I asked my son if he had done something similar and he confirmed that he did.  That's how I got he to recall what he did during the interview.  

My son attended the interview for 9-10am.  When he was released after the interview, it was already past 10:30am and he had been staying in the school for more than 2 hours.  He seemed to be exhausted and didn't feel like answering me any questions.   I didn't want to push him and so I knew absolutely nothing about the interview on the first day.

286#
發表於 06-10-31 23:26 |只看該作者

肥豬嘜嘜的媽咪

Nicholas told me the teacher asked him how many animals in the story and asked some sentances.

Hope we can have second interview....

Do you have any offer until now?

I got a birthday party photos for you? How to give you?  or I give you the web site you can order to print from internet photoshop. ok?

Take care !

Nic's Mum
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

287#
發表於 06-11-1 01:14 |只看該作者

肥豬嘜嘜的媽咪 寫道:
eemay

My son's story is about mouse finds mushroom. He said he can find five cards but I ask him what is that, he said "You ask me now!!! It's too long long time along, I forgot it! Ha! Ha!"

My son said there were 5 cards for story telling.
Do u mean that you boy has found 5 things in the picture in the last part of interview. My son said he could only find 3 things inside and be asked to write a word.

288#
發表於 06-11-1 01:58 |只看該作者

hi, all
I know that someone from other primary school get into the P2 of DBS this year, so that is not the only chance, take it easy.
[IMG]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg60/szebaba/sze.jpg[/IMG]

289#
發表於 06-11-1 09:53 |只看該作者

Szebaba 寫道:
hi, all
I know that someone from other primary school get into the P2 of DBS this year, so that is not the only chance, take it easy.

Which primary school did the boy study in P1?
Did he "考第一" there?

Thanks!

290#
發表於 06-11-1 10:36 |只看該作者

Szebaba 寫道:
hi, all

Right... this is encouraging... and we may also note that DBSPD is not the only school that got 10A students, ha ha...  hey I got this, but some of you may have seen this before:

1. http://www.pupil.com.hk/school/
2. http://www.hokkaidohk.com/best_school.htm

291#
發表於 06-11-1 10:43 |只看該作者

Ha Ha!! 庇理羅士女子中學 rank 100?

292#
發表於 06-11-1 12:08 |只看該作者

ray_kid 寫道:
Ha Ha!! 庇理羅士女子中學 rank 100?

Exactly!  I don't know how accurate this kind of "rankings" are.

But if they are more than 50% accurate, I personally would consider also the good reputation / culture of the school (校風), not just the HKCEE results, e.g. even 庇理羅士女子中學 rank 100, I'd still choose this school if I have a daughter becos the girls in this school are commonly known as very well behaved and teachers are the very experienced ones.

of course, just my very personal opinion only...

293#
發表於 06-11-1 13:25 |只看該作者

bbJP 寫道:
[quote]
Szebaba 寫道:
hi, all

Which primary school did the boy study in P1?
Did he "考第一" there?

Thanks![/quote]

I heard from my brother that a boy from SFA entered the P2 of DBS and he is really the top one.
[IMG]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg60/szebaba/sze.jpg[/IMG]

294#
發表於 06-11-1 14:33 |只看該作者

我囝囝話Lego無位坐,睇書亦無位坐,最終唯有去

295#
發表於 06-11-1 14:39 |只看該作者

我囝囝是上午10:00-11:00都有卡通movie睇,我朋友囝囝是上午9:00-10:00都有

296#
發表於 06-11-1 17:35 |只看該作者

Dear morris mama,

I understand you!  As parent, you've tried your best in nurturing the child.  I can see your efforts from what you wrote before.  Maybe, DBSPD is a 'good' school in our opinion.  But it's hard to define 'good' or 'not good', right?  I think the most important thing is the school is best suited to your child, though it is also another hard-to-tell issue.  I also shared your feeling before interview, I hope my son to get into those 'good' school so that he could walk easier in the future.  But I suddenly awared that my son is, in fact, a unique individual.  He could response, act or react what he wants.  I should not place my expectation on him too much.  The most important is we've do our very best.  Let God do the rest!  Cheer up!

297#
發表於 06-11-1 18:51 |只看該作者

kidult 寫道:
Dear morris mama,

I understand you!  As parent, you've tried your best in nurturing the child.  I can see your efforts from what you wrote before.  Maybe, DBSPD is a 'good' school in our opinion.  But it's hard to define 'good' or 'not good', right?  I think the most important thing is the school is best suited to your child, though it is also another hard-to-tell issue.  I also shared your feeling before interview, I hope my son to get into those 'good' school so that he could walk easier in the future.  But I suddenly awared that my son is, in fact, a unique individual.  He could response, act or react what he wants.  I should not place my expectation on him too much.  The most important is we've do our very best.  Let God do the rest!  Cheer up!

kidult, thank you so much for your message...  

*_* (touching)

298#
發表於 06-11-1 20:48 |只看該作者

morris_mama 寫道:
[quote]Szebaba 寫道:
hi, all

Right... this is encouraging... and we may also note that DBSPD is not the only school that got 10A students, ha ha...  hey I got this, but some of you may have seen this before:

1. http://www.pupil.com.hk/school/
2. http://www.hokkaidohk.com/best_school.htm[/quote]

Haven't you read the newspaper?  The ranking in the above website is just a joke!  They rely on people to contribute the so called stat WITHOUT ANY VERIFICATION.  You can pump up the ranking of any school by adding your own.

299#
發表於 06-11-1 21:42 |只看該作者

Rham 寫道:
Haven't you read the newspaper?  The ranking in the above website is just a joke!  They rely on people to contribute the so called stat WITHOUT ANY VERIFICATION.  You can pump up the ranking of any school by adding your own.

Oh really?   I have no idea!  Those links popped up in my yahoo search. Thanks for telling me!

300#
發表於 06-11-2 01:12 |只看該作者

morris_mama 寫道:
[quote]Rham 寫道:

Oh really?   I have no idea!  Those links popped up in my yahoo search. Thanks for telling me! [/quote]

Well, I didn't mean it is a "joke" in the literal sense.  But the stat from a 補習社 certainly cannot be trusted because of their ulterior motives.  According to newspaper report, HKEAA sample checked some of the stat and found most of them inaccurate.  HKEAA also issued a legal warning to the website and requested them to take out any reference to HKEAA.

But more importantly is why we should determine whether a school is good or bad just based on the exam results in HKCEE?  It is a kind of Halo Effect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_effect

Academic results (or more accurately, exam results in this case) are not everything.  Some schools are good in this and some schools are good in that.  A school suitable for your child may not be the suitable for mine.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題