教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 DGJS Interview Result
樓主: YCPA
go

DGJS Interview Result [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 04-11-24 08:46 |只看該作者

Re: DGJS Interview Result

toto200415c

Are the results out already for DGJS ? I mean for P1 of 2005. When did you get the letter ?

42#
發表於 04-11-24 09:58 |只看該作者

Dear 258 suki

I am also interested to know whether which St Paul's Coed (Kennedy or MacDonald) yr daughter is admitted?  Apart from the question raised by Vanilla, may I know whether you have the same religion with the School?  What is the key of success (apart from luck as you humbly said) ?

Nick

43#
發表於 04-11-24 09:59 |只看該作者

toto200415c 寫道:
My daughter accepted by DGJS, she is studying in St.Catherine.

You cannot be talking about this year's results.  They are not out until 21/22 Dec.  

Is your daughter in P1 now?

44#
發表於 04-11-24 10:02 |只看該作者

258suki 寫道:
for me Macdonnell road or Kennedy Road make no different as I just try my luck.

It seems that a lot of people are interested in which particular St. Paul's Co-ed your daughter is accepted by.  You cannot just say it makes no difference because obviously you could only apply for one and you said your daughter has been accepted by one.  

Please help us all here by telling us which one?  Please please ...
Maybe this would help -who was the principal/headmistress that gave you (and perhaps your spouse) the second interview?

45#
發表於 04-11-24 10:08 |只看該作者

kennedy road.
I thought same religion with the school is one of the consideration, but it is not a must.  The child's personality and interview performance is the most important factor to success.  parents should well prepare for the second interview and the document you send to school etc.  good luck

46#
發表於 04-11-24 10:10 |只看該作者

258suki 寫道:
kennedy road.
I thought same religion with the school is one of the consideration, but it is not a must.  The child's personality and interview performance is the most important factor to success.  well prepare for the second interview and the document you send to school etc.  good luck

Thank you.

47#
發表於 04-11-24 10:17 |只看該作者

Creative kindergarten
I thought the kinder in Kowloon tong CCKG where the kinder provide a very good english environment.

my girl have the interview with the principal in DGJS.  
my daughter said principal is nice and she ask my daughter read a story to her and she ask my daughter some simple questions.  the other child just sit there without reading books wor.

48#
發表於 04-11-24 10:31 |只看該作者

Dear toto200415c,

Can you tell us the school life of your daughter in DGJS last year (happy/enjoy or not) ?  Is the competition very keen among the kids ?  How about the workload ?  Is it hard to catch up DGJS's standard (from kindergarten to P1) ? Is it true that the kid has no time to play in weekend but only to read books and do homework ? Are you a working mom ?  Does the kid attend 補習 after school to keep pace with the standard?

Do you think which character of the kid is suitable for studying in DGJS ?

Please share your valuable experience.

49#
發表於 04-11-24 11:51 |只看該作者

Dear all,

I'm so sorry to make you confuse.
I mean my daughter was accepted by DGJS last year and now she is studying in DGJS P1.

50#
發表於 04-11-24 12:04 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

51#
發表於 04-11-24 12:42 |只看該作者

Do you have any idea how to get in there.  What's the key factors to success?

52#
發表於 04-11-24 16:53 |只看該作者

53#
發表於 04-11-24 17:03 |只看該作者

Hi! samuellor,

Sorry for late reply.
But now I must go out.  As I want to answer you in details, I'll answer you tonight(after 11:00p.m.)  Please wait.

toto200415c

54#
發表於 04-11-24 17:18 |只看該作者

55#
發表於 04-11-24 22:10 |只看該作者

Dear 258suki,

Thanks for your info. Some further questions. Pls help: -
1.  Your daughter's kinder is Creative Kindergarten?? Where is it?
2.  Are you a full-time housewife?  
3.  Is your daughter the only kid in the family? Does she have any elder brother or sister?

Why I ask the above questions is to testify what I heard. As far as I heard, those famous schools prefer kids with mothers stay home, not the only kid at home, etc.

Vanila.

56#
發表於 04-11-25 01:28 |只看該作者

Hi! samuellor & LUCKYMAMA ,

My daughter enjoys the school life very much, but  the competition is really very keen among the kids, you know, my daughter told me that the lowest marks of English test in her class is 97marks.  
Up till now, it is not hard for her to catch up DGJS's standard (all subjects), when she was studying in St.Catherine, the teacher had trained them up.  As I'm a housewife, she doesn't need to attend 補習 after school, I will teach her by myself, you know, I'm her private tutor.   
I don't know my daughter's classmates has no time to play in weekend or not, but my husband and I bring her to play every Sunday.

Actually, I don't know the key factor to get in DGJS,
but when I meet my daughter's classmates, my impression is they have a great confidence.  
For my daughter, when she was studying in St.Catherine, she attended one oral lesson in Nottingham Children Campus only, NO extra activities(e.g. swimming, learning musical instrument, phonics course....) and I didn't submit profile to DGJS  too.(as I'm lazy)  I submitted St.Catherine's K1 to K3 report cards and recommendation letter only.  Why she got a seat in DGJS?  I think that 50% is by luck.  The rest of 50% MAY BE be related to
1) St.Catherine?
2) she acted with confidence during interview?
3) the appearence?
Actually, I don't know, just guess.

toto200415c

57#
發表於 04-11-25 02:24 |只看該作者

Besides CCKG, I think DGJS prefers to accept St.Catherine's students.  Am I right     

58#
發表於 04-11-25 09:25 |只看該作者

59#
發表於 04-11-25 18:43 |只看該作者

hi vanila

I am a housewife but sometime I have a part time job in every tue and thur morning.  I have two daugthers and the kindergarten is located in kowloon tong. ( there are three creative kinder in kowloon).

suki

60#
發表於 04-11-25 18:47 |只看該作者

thank you very much toto200415c for sharing.  I would like to ask you where is Nottingham children campus ?  is it a good place to learn english there?  please advise.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題