樓主: happy07pig
go

女孩子選校 [複製鏈接]

醒目開學勳章

41#
發表於 10-5-19 13:13 |只看該作者
Hi esther.cy,

Still can't decided?

I also monitor TL's primary result so here's the last year's result on their website for your reference:

http://www.tlmshkps.edu.hk/..%5Caward%5Cs1.htm

Although their relationship with their secondary section is only nominated, but almost 70% of the girls still promoted to their secondary section.  Moreover, many more also went to other good schools too.

Just for your reference, not selling TL to you ;)

Ian

原帖由 esther.cy 於 10-5-19 09:16 發表
Hi que2132007,

Maybe there is some problems in my PM system and that's why can't send thro.

Actually I still have not made any decision yet since there are quite a lots of good things in both system ...

42#
發表於 10-5-19 14:39 |只看該作者
Ian, I know I am so indecisive!

Colleagues of mine (who had kids studying in K2, K3) all support TL coz they said TL is a good school (though not those TOP TIER one), also, I don't need to go through "difficult interview" for P1, so should be a good choice!

I bought a book about Primary school. Be frank, not many private and DSS I really like. For those I really like, I think chances of getting there are very slim (e.g. sp-coed, st. stephen co-ed)... also, I don't really like my school net (net 16), thus perhaps TL is still a good choice to me given of this situation.

Free to comment =)

原帖由 iantsang 於 10-5-19 13:13 發表
Hi esther.cy,

Still can't decided?

I also monitor TL's primary result so here's the last year's result on their website for your reference:

http://www.tlmshkps.edu.hk/..%5Caward%5Cs1.htm

Although  ...

醒目開學勳章

43#
發表於 10-5-19 16:26 |只看該作者
Hi esther.cy,

After hearing so much concerns from you, I started to understand more and this is what I would suggest.  Hope this is what you need to listen.

From how I see it, what really concern you is not whether TL primary or TL kindergarten is activity based, but even having through train to TL primary and even admitted to TL (secondary) is not what you are aiming for, isn't it?

There are always two side of a story so I would agree sometimes having the through-train could mean nothing or even undesirable outcome.  OF course the world is not perfect and we can only deal with it with our best knowledge.  However, honestly I don't think St. Paul's co-ed would fit your expectation, except being famous and popular.  St. Stephen's college, however, would probably be what you should target.  There are no specific kindergartens which is more favorable while applying for them so it would means parents' efforts and commitment would be important to help prepare the child for the interview.  I would say the language skills on both English and PTH would be areas for you to focus.  So, not to worry too much on which kindergarten your child will be attending.  But for sure, it will take efforts much greater than kindergarten interview.

If you and your husband are committed to do that, then staying in the current kindergarten would be fine.  However, picking TL won't hurt much still since St. Stephen's is a DSS so you can still have TL as backup.  Or you wanna "break the axe to find the boat"?

Which book you bought on primary schools?  If you read my post on one-dragon, I have already mentioned the choices are very limited, only 40 private and 20 DSS in Hong Kong.  There are really not many choices.  I still have so many information I prepared through my research and never have time to put them together, now I am going to organize them and planning to write a book.  Too bad I was too lazy last year so you can't see it to help your on making the choice.

Ian

原帖由 esther.cy 於 10-5-19 14:39 發表
Ian, I know I am so indecisive!

Colleagues of mine (who had kids studying in K2, K3) all support TL coz they said TL is a good school (though not those TOP TIER one), also, I don't need to go through ...

44#
發表於 10-5-19 18:57 |只看該作者
Ian,

The thing that TL makes me worry the most is their English and PTH level. They have only native English teacher teaching the kids 20mins PER WEEK (hey, not per day but per week only). I have called them and they do have phonics but taught by local)

Since St. Stephen co-ed is an English school, thus I would assume they like to take kids which can speak / understand English quite well. This is really my concern.

However, heard that St. Stephen likes parents who are professional which I am definitely not. Really thinking if I should change my target school.

Don't remember the primary book which I am now reading but I bought it from Circle K. It is a new primary book, quite book and not published by big publisher. Will check the name from home and let you know.

Looking forward to your book coz you are surely the best to write. Can't wait to read yours and definitely I am your fans, heehee!

原帖由 iantsang 於 10-5-19 16:26 發表
Hi esther.cy,

After hearing so much concerns from you, I started to understand more and this is what I would suggest.  Hope this is what you need to listen.

From how I see it, what really concern yo ...

醒目開學勳章

45#
發表於 10-5-19 19:05 |只看該作者
Hi esther.cy,

Thank you very much for being my fans!  

Actually, no matter which kindergarten you choose, I would strongly recommend supplement language courses anyway.  It wouldn't be sufficient if you really aim for St. Stephen's.  I am not sure if they really prefer parents who are professional but those friends whose children got admitted do fall into that category.  Never rule yourself out too soon!  Kids studying there do possess very good language skills are very confident with good presentation skills.  Is that what you are looking for?

Ian

原帖由 esther.cy 於 10-5-19 18:57 發表
Ian,

The thing that TL makes me worry the most is their English and PTH level. They have only native English teacher teaching the kids 20mins PER WEEK (hey, not per day but per week only). I have cal ...

46#
發表於 10-5-19 23:26 |只看該作者
Hi, Ian

Can you please let me have your advise too.. I got the seat from GH and KV (both PM).. which one will you recomand me to pick ??
tks

原帖由 iantsang 於 10-5-19 19:05 發表
Hi esther.cy,

Actually, no matter which kindergarten you choose, I would strongly recommend supplement language courses anyway.  It wouldn't be su ...

47#
發表於 10-5-20 09:06 |只看該作者
Similar case here, GH (am) but vs Pui Ching (pm).  Both hv pros and cons.
GH: new KG, know nothing on their curriculum, school operation & school bus arrangement.  But need to settle payment on Jun 1. Still hesitate whether to choose GH primary school due to their big class and early school schedule (7:30 start).
PC: Eng & PTH level are relatively low. Cannot participate in 大抽獎 for primary school.  
Have been struggling in this matter for several months, yet still can't make up my mind.  Any views or comments do you have?  Many thanks!

原帖由 maewmaew 於 10-5-19 23:26 發表
Hi, Ian

Can you please let me have your advise too.. I got the seat from GH and KV (both PM).. which one will you recomand me to pick ??
tks

48#
發表於 10-5-20 10:01 |只看該作者
Bingo!

I think kids with good language and presentation skill is what I really want. Also, it helps to strenghen her ability to compete in the future.

Thanks again!

原帖由 iantsang 於 10-5-19 19:05 發表
Hi esther.cy,

Actually, no matter which kindergarten you choose, I would strongly recommend supplement language courses anyway.  It wouldn't be su ...

49#
發表於 10-5-22 20:45 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

醒目開學勳章

50#
發表於 10-5-23 01:04 |只看該作者
Hi maewmaew,

I am not sure if I can give you comments simply by comparing two schools.  Please give me more information like preferences or your child's characteristics for reference.

I was expecting GH to have a difficult syllabus since it choose not to accept school voucher.  Actually now I wonder why it doesn't accept it if it's curriculum is simple based on the book list the new parents mentioned.  Of course, we will never know until school starts since the book list is just a book list, they can still offer many other additional programs on top of it.

It really depends on what sort of primary school you plan for your daughter (I assume since GH only accepts girls, right?).  KV has good preparation for traditional primary path and getting into KV would make sure the children are ready for such programs in P1.

Choosing GH means you will have a good backup provided that 2 years later, (1) they still guarantee own kindergarten students to P1, (2) even take the P1 offer and can still do lucky draw.  Even without (2), I guess it is still good to have a P1 seat secured first.

Just to share a persona experience.  KV was my target kinder at the very beginning, since my wife and I like the academic preparation, and my elder daughter is more suitable for their style.  However, I chose a one-dragon kindergarten which is not as academic advanced, but promotes more on moral education.  We do like moral education as we feel it is important, but as world is not perfect, we do realize it couldn't offer a challenging curriculum which is more suitable for my elder daughter.  But at the end, it is just kindergarten.  If the kinder cannot offer that, as parents we just have to supplement whatever is missing.

原帖由 maewmaew 於 10-5-19 23:26 發表
Hi, Ian

tks

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 10-5-23 01:06 編輯 ]

51#
發表於 10-5-23 01:35 |只看該作者
Hi Ian,

May you pls also comment on GH vs PuiChing?  Pls see more details I mentioned two days ago.  My daughter is a cheerful and outgoing girl, yet quite talkative and full of questions. Sometimes may not take adult's instructions if she thinks one's words are not convincing or reasonable.  At the beginning, I believe PC is a suitable choice for her since everyone said their moral education is outstanding.  But then I gradually find my girl is very interested in languages no matter Cantonese, English or putonghua.  I'm afraid PC may not be able to provide such a language environment for her. What a difficult decision to make!  But I still need to do it as GH needs us settle payment on 1st June .  Canyou pls give us some advice?  Thanks!

原帖由 iantsang 於 10-5-23 01:04 發表
Hi maewmaew,

I am not sure if I can give you comments simply by comparing two schools.  Please give me more information like preferences or your child's characteristics for reference.

I was expectin ...

醒目開學勳章

52#
發表於 10-5-23 01:55 |只看該作者
Hi angelacyn,

If it is just the interest of language, I wonder if GH's kinder can offer you what you expect since still unsure what exactly they would do yet.  Do you have any info provided by them yet?

I do think PC should be good on moral education and we also had a few days of struggle on whether to attend last year (at least have first hand exp. with it).  My daughter's friend at her pre-nursery is attending PC now and the comments on the language is true, but I guess this is expected.  Look at it from another angle, if you really want to keep up with it, PC's tuition fee after school voucher should be around 1,000-2,000 less than GH per month, so use that money to look for other courses to take.  (fyi, PC's primary tuition fees is also much lower than GH)  But personally I don't recommend you to rush into it, just observe and let your daughter get used to the kindergarten life first (I don't buy those 0-6 years theory, if so, I guess we don't have translation professional in the world ).

Do you have religions' consideration?  It was one of the key which I didn't choose PC at the end since we prefer Catholic schools.

Let me know if I can offer further assistance.

Ian

原帖由 angelacyn 於 10-5-23 01:35 發表
Hi Ian,

May you pls also comment on GH vs PuiChing?  Pls see more details I mentioned two days ago.  My daughter is a cheerful and outgoing girl, yet quite talkative and full of questions. Sometimes  ...

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 10-5-23 01:56 編輯 ]

53#
發表於 10-5-23 11:13 |只看該作者
i also agree that lanuage is very imposrtant.would all of u mind sharing to me that did u send ur child to any course to learn lanuage?and which school?thanks

54#
發表於 10-5-23 15:51 |只看該作者
Hi, Ian

Many tks for your advise...
其實我並非希望女兒入讀什麽名校如Maryknoll,  DGS etc.. 我們只希望她能考入一間校風好而成積不太差的中小學便可. 因我們都想他可以開心和有自信的享受她的校園生活..小女好動,好奇心重,喜歡說話,愛表現自己....
Shall I consider GH or KV ?? In fact,德望小學暫時不是我杯茶,因學費偏貴 but seems like we shall consider to treat GH as back up due to high competiton. But we might feel sad by give up KV too...

Can you please help to give me some guidance. tks !!

原帖由 iantsang 於 10-5-23 01:04 發表
Hi maewmaew,

I was expectin ...

醒目開學勳章

55#
發表於 10-5-23 16:29 |只看該作者
Hi maewmaew,

To be honest, I guess I agree with you that GH won't be your cup of tea.  I would start to consider which net are you in for primary allocation?   Will you look for private/ DSS or gov't aided schools?

I think KV is better compare to GH in this case.  Since even GH is a good backup, it is not a path for your daughter anyway.  BTW, any other choices you have?

Ian

原帖由 maewmaew 於 10-5-23 15:51 發表
Hi, Ian

Many tks for your advise...
其實我並非希望女兒入讀什麽名校如Maryknoll,  DGS etc.. 我們只希望她能考入一間校風好而成積不太差的中小學便可. 因我們都想他可以開心和有自信的享受她的校園生活..小女好 ...

56#
發表於 10-5-24 00:10 |只看該作者
Hi, Ian

I have GHS / KV on hand, actually my daughter is studying at Greenville Kindergarten at TKO and I was consider to let my girl to complete her kindergarten life at Greenville druing the past couple weeks due to I like their educational system very much.. but all my friend told me "I shouldn't ! due to Greenville is only wellknown at TKO".  Am currently living at TKO District and can be move to any district when my girl starting her K3. One of my target district is Homantin (34) district and I think I will not consider 41 district due to the competition is too high.
I was thinking both DSS and Gov't aided school like i.e. Heep Yun, St Rosa, Evangel Colleague, Logos Academy, Pui Kui College etc.... but most of my friends told me, by even GH Primary School is not your cup of tea, you should still take GH Kindergarten in order you can have a back up when we are going to enroll the DSS... What do you think ? Tks for your guidance in advanced.

醒目開學勳章

57#
發表於 10-5-24 02:34 |只看該作者
Hi maewmaew,

My concern would be, GH is not an option to you since their style won't fit your daughter unless she changed dramatically during her kindergarten life, which is not impossible!  So, I think you are the only one who can judge this since I saw my own daughter went through changes in the process from interview to starting kindergarten and now.  I guess I was too conservative but nonetheless, we all love the current kindergarten!

I support you too on choosing net 34 rather than net 41.  My gut feeling is you should choose KV.  I just don't see GH primary as a backup in your case.

Ian

原帖由 maewmaew 於 10-5-24 00:10 發表
Hi, Ian

I have GHS / KV on hand, actually my daughter is studying at Greenville Kindergarten at TKO and I was consider to let my girl to complete her kindergarten life at Greenville druing the past c ...

58#
發表於 10-5-24 13:09 |只看該作者
Very similar case to you coz TL and PC are not good in English and PTH which makes us worry the most! =(

Actually I don't quite agree taking extra class out = learning at school coz the learning environment at school cannot be replaced... very headache!

原帖由 angelacyn 於 10-5-20 09:06 發表
Similar case here, GH (am) but vs Pui Ching (pm).  Both hv pros and cons.
GH: new KG, know nothing on their curriculum, school operation & school bus arrangement.  But need to settle payment on Jun 1. ...

醒目開學勳章

59#
發表於 10-5-24 13:24 |只看該作者
Hi esther.cy,

Certainly taking extra classes out is not the same as learning at school.  But it depends on how you look at your child's development as a whole.

Learning is a lifelong experience and it doesn't limit inside the school.  Just to share with you, I am a zero-playgroup, zero interest class parents.  My elder daughter attends her first interest class because of the swine influenza last year and pre-nursery is closed earlier.  So far she only attends classes that we feel she is interested and also have persistent on them.  The first one was a painting and art craft class.  Second one is a music class.  I have no intentions for her to win any competition by giving her these lessons.  However, a kid is at the kindergarten for only 3 - 3.5 hours and much of the time was spent on eating snacks, queue up for the toilets, etc.  So, do not expect the child to learn everything there.

In my point of view, the ideal situation is to let them explore different things and let they find out their own talents and interests through this process.  Like my daughter's case, I never put emphasis on giving English nor PTH training to her, but she requested us to give her some classes in this coming summer holiday as she feels she wanna learn more.  We observe it may be because many classmates also have outside language training and my daughter feels she wanna improve her knowledge.  Again, my wife and I never force her to do any of these.

Not sure if this is useful for you but certainly hope to bring up some new ideas during your decision making process.

Cheers/ Ian

原帖由 esther.cy 於 10-5-24 13:09 發表
Very similar case to you coz TL and PC are not good in English and PTH which makes us worry the most! =(

Actually I don't quite agree taking extra class out = learning at school coz the learning envi ...

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 10-5-24 13:26 編輯 ]

60#
發表於 10-5-24 13:26 |只看該作者
Sorry that I would like to join the conversation.

My girl is not very active one nor very quite one. Because of this, I have talked to her class teacher about her character and discuss which KG will fit her the most. Her response does give me some inslight... you don't really know her REAL character (unless those very extreme one) until he / she reaches 4 to 5. Therefore, it's too early to judge which KG will fit your girl the best.

Free to further share your viewpoint, thanks!

原帖由 iantsang 於 10-5-24 02:34 發表
Hi maewmaew,

My concern would be, GH is not an option to you since their style won't fit your daughter unless she changed dramatically during her kindergarten life, which is not impossible!  So, I th ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題