搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 HKUGA 面試
樓主: kck
go

HKUGA 面試 [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 04-10-7 19:16 |只看該作者

Re: HKUGA 面試

首先要說明利益衝突,我是現屆家長(亦有心理準備會有家長看完本文以後大駡...)。去學校面試要等,其實不是不普遍的現象,請大家以平常心去看待,否則您們已經大安主義坐在家中等第一輪搞珠,不會勞師動眾的去各名校交表和面試。

我不是校方人士,但以我在過去有限的時間跟林副校長和陳校監的接觸,我相信他們不是這裡敷衍了事的人。其中一位家長說林副校長只是問其小朋友剛才做甚麼,而   happened to catch your kid by surprise,會否因為問題跟面試訓練班的mock rehearsal 有出入﹖   坊間的面試訓練班是不適用於HKUGA Primary School的。

如果說衹有兩分鐘的見家長時間,則男拔亦然–而且是真的有一個timer 去叮大家離開;陳校監是一個行政人士,不是做marketing,所以不太懂 “待客之道”,希望大家以平常心去看一些小瑕疵;因為該校是很新的一家學校,如果家長以”買賣”關係出發,則這校一定不會適合您 (不是貴子弟);因為家長在往後的日子要跟學校充分合作,貴子弟才會有一個happy and successful school life。

祝各位貴子弟成功!

42#
發表於 04-10-7 20:29 |只看該作者

各位家長在此網站表示不滿,其實是因為對港大同學會有很大期望,但想不到連面試也搞到那樣糟,須知今年不是第一次舉行面試.再者,不是每個小朋都要等3至4小時的,小兒只等了15分鐘.要小朋友苦苦等候,當然會影響他們的表現.如果一早告知面試需時4小時,我相信各位家長也不會介意等, 因為一早已做好心理準備,起碼可為小朋友準備食水和食物,不要讓他們覺得面試是受罪.試想想,11:30分面試的小朋友會不會餓壞?
你若看見自己的子女又肚餓又累,會不會生氣?從面試家長的角度出發,就會明白他們為什麼那麼生氣了.

43#
發表於 04-10-7 20:38 |只看該作者

回應Toystory
面試安排好壞不是決定是否入讀此校的準則,但面試安排差的確反映學校管理有問題,家長對學校的能力產生懷疑是很自然的.Poor time management反映這是一所行政管理不善的學校,對學生定有影響,起碼今次就影響了很多面試的小朋友和家長.有子女就讀此校的家長不妨請校長看看此網站,好讓校長作出改善,要不然她在教學上付出的努力將會被管理不善所抵銷,這樣多麼不值.

44#
發表於 04-10-7 21:24 |只看該作者

Case 1: Quote "聖保羅男女(堅尼地道)的面試經驗......老公同事的女女就在我們面試前2天去了堅尼地道Co-edu面試。我們向她取經,發現情況很不同。他們在下午面試,可是整個面試過程要3個小時。

他們的情況知這樣的:
對文件〉〉等入課室〉〉小組玩遊戲〉〉出課室〉〉小朋友和父母一起等(2小時,很多家長和小朋友都已發呆,但沒有人出聲說不耐煩!)〉〉小朋友被召到校長室門口,獨自坐在門口(約7分鐘)等入校長室〉〉入校長室面試5分鐘〉〉離開學校。"

Case 2: DGJS, two candidates get into Principal's room for 5-8 minutes.  Interview one by one.  i.e. Total interview time for each candidate is only 2-4 minutes.  Parents do not need to wait for too long.  Approximately 1 hour.  

Case 3: St. Francis Assiss.  It rains heavily that day, parents have to queue up outside the school and when they get in, all parents have to "stand" in the open playground for more than an hour under the heavy rain.  Cover-playground is reserved for teachers to call up candidates to line up and go to the classroom for an hour of written tests.  I repeat, it was "raining heavily" that day.

At least I hear no complaints for case 1 and 2.  For all three schools, still have thousands of applications each year.  Same interview arrangement for a number of years.  

45#
發表於 04-10-7 21:39 |只看該作者

我非常同意Thinker的意見,我女兒今年剛剛在HKUGA讀一年級,我可以用"脫胎換骨"、"非常開心"、"樂在其中"、來形容我女兒現時的學習生活。老師的愛護及關心令到女兒很快巳經適應了小一的校園生活(這曾是我

46#
發表於 04-10-7 23:10 |只看該作者

I was one of the parents on that rainy day (1 Nov 2003) at SFA. I remember that almost all the parents carried umbrellas. The teachers-in-charge encourged the parents in a loudspeaker to leave the school for a breakfast and take the children after the one-hour test/interview. I went out too. The covered areas were facilitated the children to line up to the classrooms and wait for the parents after the test/interview. I think most of the parents found the arrangement acceptable because the school campus was really not large enough to accommodate so many parents.

I remembered that not many private/DSS schools can finish the interviews or tests within one hour.

For HKUGA, if it takes 2 hours to wait for a 20 minutes interview, yes, it looks too long and should be improved. But if the school is good, who cares the waiting time long or short?! :wink:

Thinker 寫道:
Case 3: St. Francis Assiss.  It rains heavily that day, parents have to queue up outside the school and when they get in, all parents have to "stand" in the open playground for more than an hour under the heavy rain.  Cover-playground is reserved for teachers to call up candidates to line up and go to the classroom for an hour of written tests.  I repeat, it was "raining heavily" that day.

47#
發表於 04-10-7 23:51 |只看該作者

youma,

In addition, the outside wall of the school is under repair with workers climbing up and down, with stone fragments falling on my head,  While the school still insist parents to line up outside the school, ignoring (a number of parents complaints to the staff who guard the entrance) the potential risk for having kids waiting outside under heavy rain and falling objects.

You might be the lucky one, who is able to get in the campus early without having to risk the falling objects.  There were quite a number of parents complaint to the staff who stop parents getting in without explaining why.  Parents and kids have to risk the falling object and the heavy rain while the indicated interview time had already passed 15 mintues and don't know what they can do........

48#
發表於 04-10-8 01:06 |只看該作者

sunny0426

面試安排差的確反映學校管理有問題,家長對學校的能力產生懷疑是很自然的.Poor time management反映這是一所行政管理不善的學校,對學生定有影響,起碼今次就影響了很多面試的小朋友和家長

我也有少許回應:
穿梭機'哥倫比亞'號也曾發生意外,但誰人會懷疑NASA的航天能力!
至於Poor time management是否反映這是一所行政管理不善的學校,我認為有點以偏概全!我們評核下屬也不會因為他的一次時間管理不皆,便認定他的工作能力不濟。
改革開放也不是一帆風順,若然因為當時的一些亂子,便全盤否定開放政策、否定改革派的管治能力,那麼中國那有今天的成就!

問題是校方會否吸取教訓,從而改進,而不是因噎廢食。

49#
發表於 04-10-8 13:00 |只看該作者

Hi Sunny0426,
Right!  My daughter was also interview at 11:30am on last Sat.  We have not buy some food to her.  Since we only wait wait wait...........
I saw some parent have bought some juice & bread to their son at eating inside the classroom. We have also felt uncomfortable for that day.

我有兩個女 大女Vanessa好生性 細女Venus好生肉

50#
發表於 04-10-8 16:09 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

51#
發表於 04-10-8 16:42 |只看該作者

My daughter went for the interview last Sunday. Her group is I2 (10 - 11:30am).   We finished and left the school at around 12:35 noon.  It was quite a waste of time in waiting for the 2 minutes' interview.   My daughter didn't responsed any questions to the Deputy Principal.   So... forget about it!  Good luck to you all!

Charmaine

52#
發表於 04-10-8 20:50 |只看該作者

I can feel the anger of parents who had waited for too long.  They were also upset when the expected parent interview was not at all like a parent interview.  It is all because failing to meeting expectations that they have.  On this, better communication before hand could help.

But I always believe a school's  adminstration skill may not represent a school's education skill.  Parents should beware otherwise you might risk making wrong decisions for your kids.  

53#
發表於 04-10-11 11:08 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

54#
發表於 04-10-11 12:07 |只看該作者

Who know the last day for interview?  

55#
發表於 04-10-11 14:23 |只看該作者

9 Oct 2004

56#
發表於 04-10-11 14:52 |只看該作者

That's right!  I had checked with school that they will send the notice letter to us start on Oct 15.  
We can get the result within this month.

I hope fast fast la>....   no need to wait too long.....................

57#
發表於 04-10-11 19:00 |只看該作者

Sounds good.  So they confirmed that there will be no second interview at all?

58#
發表於 04-10-11 22:28 |只看該作者

Hi,
We had the interview on yesterday. My time was 4:30p.m., & we finished at 6:30p.m. Quite smooth. No need to wait too long.  It was acceptable. My son likes dinosaur, so he drew the picture about dinsosaur.  We were interviewed by the Principle, Ms Leung.  She was very nice. Luckily, my son sits besides her, & she holds my son hand to ask question.  She was very nice & my son feel no pressure to ans. the q. But I felt he should ans. better without our presence. Since he looked at us every time when he ans. one q. She praised my son "smart" & "can "express his idea". Hope he will be admitted!  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題