教育王國 討論區 課外活動 速讀
樓主: pearlto
go

速讀 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 05-5-3 11:19 |只看該作者

Re: 速讀

cmk,

Thanks for your advice.  Frankly speaking, I'm also that kind of parents who emphasize a lot (or maybe too much) on English and neglect the kid's Chinese side (maybe).  My concept is it shouldn't be difficult for a kid to learn Chinese in an environment that full of Chinese like HK.  However, as what you said, I think I should spare some time to develope her Chinese reading too!

By the way, could you tell me how can you make a well balance between the two languages for your boy?  Also, what kind of phonic your boy learnt when he was at K2?  Jolly or Letterland?

22#
發表於 05-5-5 11:53 |只看該作者

Hi Mayumi,

For Cantonese speaking, yes,  we have a very good environment in Hong Kong. However it is difficult to learn Chinese writing and reading.  As you know we can't write in cantonese.  

Most HK kids are affected by their mother tongue, i.e. cantonese, when they write.  But the most dangerous thing is if parents have put too much emphasis on English, some kids may become weak in Chinese and as a result they may even not like learning Chinese.

In fact, if you look at those learning centres, there are very few Chinese classes.   I have some friends whose kids are now in primary 5/6 and F1-3 and have difficulties in Chinese. Some have even failed in their Chinese exam!  

I have met one quite exceptional mum in the Creative Learning Centre.  She has arranged her daughter (P. 4 )to learn Chinese (comprehension, composition, writing etc)in  the Centre since last summer holiday.

I wish my kid can master the 2 languages, Chinese and English.  So I put almost same emphasis on the 2 languages and encourage him to read more Chinese articles and books.  But still my kid likes English more.  He has got higher marks in English exam.  As for the sentence structure, his English is better than Chinese!  Hopefully he can get more improvement in Chinese this summer.   

CMK

23#
發表於 05-5-5 18:28 |只看該作者

Hi CMK,

If you boy loves Eng more than Chinese, would that be the result of you emphasis Eng more at his early age (like me) and that's why he tends to prefer Eng books more?

Mayumi

24#
發表於 05-5-6 11:25 |只看該作者

Mayumi,

May be just his own preference.  Like in the Speech Day, he chooses English poems and gives up Chinese.  He think it is easier to memorize the English poems.  He doesn't  like the modern Chinese poems but he has read a lot of the Tang poems.  I am happy with his current Chinese standard but more improvement is still required.

25#
發表於 05-5-6 13:35 |只看該作者

Dear ALL
my son is 7 yrs old seems not much interested in reading so i want him to join Chinese 速讀 course. But as BK MUM said 速讀course is suitable for P4 or above so i have hesitation now. i have phoned  創穎學習中心 &  they told me that no problem for 7 yrs
child. I want to know more comments fm some Mum whose kids have finished this course

26#
發表於 05-5-6 19:18 |只看該作者

catcatmom,

In my humble opinion, you should find out the reason why he hesitates for reading first if possible.  Would that be some unhappy experience happened to him or there are always distraction around him when he tries to read?  But sometimes it's really hard to know the reason of their behaviour I know!

27#
發表於 05-5-6 23:10 |只看該作者

Catcatmum,

I agree with Mayumi's opinion that you should find out the reason why your kid has no interest in reading.  Perhaps you can talk to the Centre and ask for their advice.  

My son finished the course in March and it only accepted P4 and above students. It was mainly because the reading materials were suitable for P4 and above kids.  I understand they will  use new reading materials suitable for P.2 and 3 for the new course starting in May.

Suggest u talking to the Centre and giving them more background information.

Hiope above is useful.

醒目開學勳章 貢獻勳章

28#
發表於 05-5-7 23:31 |只看該作者

Dear CMK,

請問可否教我 "速讀" 的英文 ?
十萬個謝謝.

Smiile
以心開揚待人真  晴朗笑容樂在心

29#
發表於 05-5-8 09:04 |只看該作者

Smiile,

I think it's speed reading.

醒目開學勳章 貢獻勳章

30#
發表於 05-5-8 20:00 |只看該作者

Thanks a lot !
以心開揚待人真  晴朗笑容樂在心

31#
發表於 05-5-12 16:51 |只看該作者

Smile,

Sorry for my late response.  Yes, it's Speed Reading.  Will your kids have interest?

醒目開學勳章 貢獻勳章

32#
發表於 05-5-12 21:42 |只看該作者

cmk,

請問創穎的速讀班有沒有功課 ? 因為我知您的仔仔讀過,好想知道。之前我囡囡在一間國際教育中心學過8堂,她說很悶,完全沒有心機學。

Smiile
以心開揚待人真  晴朗笑容樂在心

33#
發表於 05-5-13 00:11 |只看該作者

cmk,

Have you tried any math class in 創穎? Will you recommend it to others?

Thanks & regards,
Hi5mama

34#
發表於 05-5-13 18:39 |只看該作者

Smile,

冇功課要做的,但可自己回家練習,有時有幾條IQ題俾小朋友玩,都不算是功課。應該不
會悶,D小朋友重好想快D星期六到可以上堂,我見D小朋友上課都是很開心的,氣氛很好。

上星期六帶阿仔去中心學圍棋,聽中心D人講,上星期六新的速讀班有位小朋友(小二或小三)是從柴灣來的,平時對
很多事物都不太積極,中文不太好。他媽媽專程帶他來上堂,還

醒目開學勳章 貢獻勳章

35#
發表於 05-5-13 21:02 |只看該作者

cmk,

多謝您詳盡的解釋,我打算在暑假替囡囡報速讀、 日文、小童軍,您還知不知道有什麼班呢 ? (因平日很忙,沒有時間致電問,要晚間才有時間上網) 您可否解答呢 ?

Thanks

Smiile
以心開揚待人真  晴朗笑容樂在心

醒目開學勳章

36#
發表於 05-5-13 21:07 |只看該作者

cmk
請問中心有冇劍橋英語學呀?教得好嗎?可唔可以俾中心個地址我呀..唔該~~

37#
發表於 05-5-14 22:40 |只看該作者

Hi5mama,

No, my kid has not tried the maths classes in the Creative Learning Centre.  He only learnt Cambridge English and Speed Reading there and is taking the Go (圍棋) class.  

But I know they have maths classes for primary and middle school students.  They also have Olympic Maths and the teacher is a qualified Olympic Maths instructor.   I can't give any comments on their maths.  You may talk to them directly.
Hi5mama 寫道:
cmk,

Have you tried any math class in 創穎? Will you recommend it to others?

Thanks & regards,
Hi5mama

38#
發表於 05-5-14 23:58 |只看該作者

cmk,

Thanks a lot for the detailed information.

Regards,
Hi5mama

39#
發表於 05-5-16 10:59 |只看該作者

carollam.

中心有劍橋英語學的。我的小朋友去年學Movers都取得滿分。我覺得他們教得幾好,只要看看他們有小朋友是從青衣、大埔和柴灣咁遠來學就知了。

在中心的notice board可以看到他們的成績又真的不錯,很多小朋友都取得滿分即15個盾, 最差的都有13個盾。他們一般的學習時間不長,中心亦不會拖時間,是小組 2至4人上。你可打電話(2330 5887)或上去看看,他們在黃埔附近,我手頭冇詳盡地址。
carollam310 寫道:
cmk
請問中心有冇劍橋英語學呀?教得好嗎?可唔可以俾中心個地址我呀..唔該~~

醒目開學勳章

40#
發表於 05-5-16 22:03 |只看該作者

cmk

Thanks a lot !

‹ 上一主題|下一主題