用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF Kindergarten (Tsing Yi)
樓主: 2R-Mom
go

ESF Kindergarten (Tsing Yi) [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 04-11-9 22:51 |只看該作者

Re: ESF Kindergarten (Tsing Yi)

Dear TungChungMa:

Thank you very much for your sharing. I visited this school several months ago and some kids were having PE lesson. I found that they were very happy. My daughter is a shy girl, I hope she can be more open and gain confident in this kind of learning-through-play learning style.

I've also applied ESF, but I sent the application form quite late (October 2004). I don't know if we'd have a chance. But school fee is another concern, Sunshine is $3150, ESF is $3950. Also I have to take the MTR twice every day, ie $1200 very month. Together with other activities, such as music and sports, the education fee of my daughter will be around $7000! That's terrible!

Regarding the bad things you've mentioned, I think I will teach her Chinese at home. By the way, you will send your kid to what kind of primary school? Local or international?

God Bless,
Hera

22#
發表於 04-11-10 12:17 |只看該作者

[ 本帖最後由 CherylMum 於 09-11-4 16:49 編輯 ]

23#
發表於 04-11-11 00:41 |只看該作者

Hi Hera,

I am also interested in ESF but I think it is too late to apply. Also, I think they have limited Mandarin lesson. I prefer to find a bilingual Kindergarten for my son. For primary school, I think I will stay in private school. My colleague's son is in ESF Primary school and he said they teach Chinese hand writing too. If ESF primary school is bilingual, I am also interested.  I need to find out more about ESF.  International school is too expensive for me.

Do you think it is very difficult to teach Chinese at home? My son will not patient enough to learn at home. I think it is more effective to learn in school.

24#
發表於 04-11-11 00:42 |只看該作者

I have replied. Please check PM

25#
發表於 04-11-11 06:10 |只看該作者

Hi TungChungMa,

I think it can't say ESF is bilingual. Actually how old is your son? Of course it's better to learn at school. If you want a bilingual kingergarten, why don't try 學之園?

Hera

26#
發表於 04-11-13 00:24 |只看該作者

Hera,

My son is now 2 years & 8 months. I found it difficult to teach Chinese. I have bought some Chinese flash card. My son just has no patient to remeber the characters.  Also, it is difficult to learn Chinese as it has no systematic way to learn. (English you have "ABC" & phonic). That's why I will prefer bilingual school. I have applied already applied a few bilingual Kindergarten for him for next year.  Do you think the English standard in ESF is higher than in bilingual kindergarten in general? Why would parent prefer to get into ESF school?

27#
發表於 04-11-13 01:02 |只看該作者

Dear TungChungMa,

Of course the English standard in ESF is higher than bilingual, because they speak everything in English. I was a primary school teacher, maybe some of my experience can help: The way that children learning a language is a bit difference from adult. We learn textbooks and in an organized way. But kids learn a language through daily experience. For example, you can cut out some pictures from magazines, stick them on scratch books and label them in Chinese. Day by day, your son will have his own Chinese picture book. Supermarket is also a good place to learn. There are vegatables and fruits names you can teach. You can explore so many ways to teach your kid Chinese. You will have so much fun. However, if you still don't have enough confidence to teach your son Chinese, choosing a bilingual school is a good option. At least he can learn both language in certain extent.
Which bilingual schools have you applied?
Hera

28#
發表於 04-11-13 14:06 |只看該作者

You are a primary school teacher so it is a big different.  I am a working mum and my working hours is very long ( at least 12 hours a day).  By the time I come home, it is very late. I don't think I have the time to teach my son unless I quit my job. Also, I am not very good in Mandarin. It will be better for him to learn in school from native speakers.
So far I have applied
1. DMK in Discovery Bay. They use Montessori method and Jolly Phonics System. I have not visited the school yet.
2. Victoria in Causeway Bay. This is more like a local school. But they offer English & Mandarin programme
3. HK Preschool in Kowloon Tong recommend by one of the parent from my son's playgroup.

I am thinking to apply ESF in Tsing Yi as well but I have to find the way to teach him Mandarin & I need to consider tutition fee as well. It is going to be expensive in ESF Primary & Secondary school.  Are you going to let your daughter to study all the way to secondary school in ESF ?

29#
發表於 04-11-13 14:19 |只看該作者

Dear TungChungMa,

Maybe it will be easier for me to teacher my daughter at home, because I'm a full-time mum now. I could understand your difficulty. It sounds that choosing a bilingual one is better.
To me, I'll choose DMK. It haven't visited the school, but by browsing their web-site and booklet, I think it's quite a good school. Bilingual, Montessori, good environment. And they have school bus from Tung Chung to DB. I think schools in Causaway Bay and Kowloon Tong is too far. It will be very hard for the kid. Have you try 學之園 in Tsing Yi? I heard that it's quite a good school.
I think I will only let my daughter study international kindergarten. I will shift her to private/直資 primary school. The reasons why I choose Sunshine are 1) it's nearby, 2) I want her learn better English at younger age, maybe it can help a bit in applying primary school in future 3) I want her to learn through playing, as she's only a small kid.

Hera

30#
發表於 04-11-13 14:34 |只看該作者

I agree. For young kid, it is better to go to the school nearby.  I always worry about my son taking school bus on his own.  Where is 學之園?

31#
發表於 04-11-13 15:43 |只看該作者

TungChungMa,

學之園 is in 灝景灣. Actually, Which part of Tung Chung do you live? Who look after your son? You should also consider the travelling matter.

Hera
‹ 上一主題|下一主題