發表於 07-5-8 10:58 |只看該作者

Re: 新校

Hi PinkyIbbie,

你指那方面的安全感? 安全感與白MOUSE如何拉上關係?

3#
發表於 07-5-8 14:10 |只看該作者

William28,
We took a look around the school last week and we felt that the environment was quite good.  As there is a few shopping malls nearby, do you think the students will like to hang around after school?  We are not familiar with TKO and are quite a bit worry about where the students will go after school.

4#
發表於 07-5-8 14:37 |只看該作者

snoopy008 寫道:
As there is a few shopping malls nearby, do you think the students will like to hang around after school?  We are not familiar with TKO and are quite a bit worry about where the students will go after school.

5#
發表於 07-5-8 14:42 |只看該作者

PinkyIbbie,

不如你去聽完簡介會後,才自行下結論吧!

PinkyIbbie 寫道:
新學校有沒有安全感,白MOUSE

該用戶已被刪除

6#
發表於 07-5-8 14:51 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

7#
發表於 07-5-8 17:33 |只看該作者

Super_nanny,
不知你這個問號符號是否指不明白我的問題?

其實我是想知道中學生們會否在放學後到商場流連, 因為本人不太熟將軍澳區, 暫時亦未能抽空在放學時候觀察下, 所以想問下 william28 知否他兒子及同學們在放學後會去那裡?  我明白作為家長也需要自己同孩子約法三章, 規定放學後必須立刻回家, 但相信中學生總會有受不住誘惑的時候.

我上次週日去觀察時, 覺得附近的環境都不錯, 商場的人流也不複雜, 只是想知道平日放學時是怎樣.

想順帶一問, 學校有校車都港島區嗎?
Super_nanny 寫道:

[quote]
snoopy008 寫道:
As there is a few shopping malls nearby, do you think the students will like to hang around after school?  We are not familiar with TKO and are quite a bit worry about where the students will go after school.
[/quote]

8#
發表於 07-5-8 18:10 |只看該作者

happyallthetime,

Hello,很久沒有交流了!解決了你的問題嗎?

我沒有刻意數小朋友認讀中文字的數量.但肯定是小朋友比開學時,無論是讀,寫,看,還是聽,都有明顯進步,同時亦不怕中文科.

上星期家長日,盧校長表示小學中文程度是大有進步的.你不用擔心.

星期一至星期六均有課外活動.可以自由參加.

happyallthetime73 寫道:
Hi Super_nanny,

你好, 廬校長曽在簡介會中提及他希望小一生能認到約800個中文字 (sorry 我不太記得他所說的數字), 學期快將完結, 成果如何.  另外, 請問星期六會否有課外活動.

謝謝.

Happy

9#
發表於 07-5-8 22:20 |只看該作者

Hi Snoopy008,

My son is in S.1, he stays after school for volley ball and althetic team practice, school choir, photographic club, saxohpone...He enjoys school life very much.  I would say he grows up positively and has been progressing well in all aspects - physically, mentally, spiritually.

Some students stay after school playing basket ball.  I saw them playing basketball with Principal Lo and Rev Hui once.

Afterwards, they may go to 7-11 for a soft drink then go home direct.

To answer your question, most S.1 students have a lot of good extra-curricular activites at school after school hour then go home without hanging around.

10#
發表於 07-5-9 09:32 |只看該作者

ECsPrayer,
謝謝你的回覆. 你的兒子參加了很多活動啊, 每天不是要很晚才回家嗎? 可以同時兼顧功課和溫習嗎?

請問上學及放學的時間是幾點呢? 我打算今年九月開學後找一天去附近看看. 不知小學和中學部的時間是否一樣呢?

我對播道很有興趣, 希望你能在此多些分享.  我剛剛問過學校有沒有開放日, 但回答說學校暫時沒打算開放予公眾, 只會在11月有簡介會.

11#
發表於 07-5-9 12:41 |只看該作者

Hi snoopy008,

ECsPrayer講得很清楚, 多謝他的幫忙!
最近學校的樓房是居屋或私人樓, 應該唔雜, 你可去逛吓!
該用戶已被刪除

12#
發表於 07-5-9 15:28 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

13#
發表於 07-5-9 15:53 |只看該作者

Sorry I made a mistake, my son learnt French Horn not Saxophone.  But being a sporty boy, he is not so passion on musical instrument, not practising at home.  It's so good that the Music teacher invited him & his best frient to the choir to cultivate his music sense.

School hour 8.30am-4pm
- athletic & volley ball team practice for 2 days till 6pm,
- choir till 5.30pm,
- Horn 5-6pm (he may do homework, play basket ball or join the voluntary English club from 4-5pm before the Horn)

We live a bit far and needs 45 min travelling.  But the more sports he plays, the more energetic he is, the better he feels !  He can have good rest on Saturdays as we don't have fixed schedule on Saturdays, just casual reading at library, riding bike...etc.  We attend church on Sundays.  

Academically, so far he manages well, we needn't chase after him.   EC has been cultivating 'Be a good neighbour', 'Focus' in class.  Principal Lo looks into learning/class climate and tries to push up the climate.  As far as students understand and grasp knowledge in class, will be fine.

I have talked to some S1 students at MTR and school.  They are polite and gentle. They love the school.  Once I looked for the school uniform shop to have a change and asked a S.1 girl, luckily she lives around, and she was so kind & helpful to bring me from TKO to HengHau and shared with me her happy school life.

I encourage you to go and see, talk to them.

14#
發表於 07-5-9 17:57 |只看該作者

ECsPrayer,
Thanks so much for your information.  Your son enjoys the school life so much.  Seems that you have made a right choice for him even though you are staying a bit far away.  For us, it will take around 30 minutes travelling.  I think this is acceptable and the school is close to MTR station.  I am even thinking of moving to TKO if my daughters will be studying in EC.

Would you mind telling me the banding of your son?  Is the school looking for more band 1 students?

ECsPrayer & William28,
請問你們有沒有想過將來你們的孩子會在港升讀大學, 還是到海外留學呢? 有朋友告訴我新派直資的學生不太適合考本地公開試 (可能是指未有成績可看見), 他們最終多數都會到海外留學.  不知你們兩位的意見如何?

15#
發表於 07-5-9 18:03 |只看該作者

Happy,

要視乎課外活動時間表,暫時除了拉丁舞外,其他都趕不上校車時間.

小一生可以留在學校到六點嗎?這點不清楚.

16#
發表於 07-5-9 18:06 |只看該作者

Super_nanny,
Would you please tell me the school hour for the primary school section?  Thanks.

17#
發表於 07-5-9 18:59 |只看該作者

Snoopy008,

You are more than welcome.  My son is band 1, he understands English and Putonghua well, so catches up comfortably.

Same to you, I will move around TKO once my younger son (now at P.4) get a place at EC.  

EC attracts parents / students with the same philosophy - focus on live value education and attitude, 態度決定命運及成就 (altitude), more importantly 學會學習,學會做人, be a serving leader.  There may be 20 years of study but there will be 70-80 years of life that we'd better live positively and meaningfully.

There are some very top students better than my son, and some not yet performed well ones.  EC has different plans for all of them - some more challenging works for well-performer, some after-school catch-up sessions for others, some small group story reading/telling time for quiet P1.

My son's class teacher voluntarily offered phonic class after school for needy students and will offer writing class then.  Afterall, EC cares and loves students and has good team spirit.

We (hubby & I) are grateful that our son studies at EC.

18#
發表於 07-5-10 06:54 |只看該作者

snoopy008,

The school time-table is 8:30am-4:00pm. 50 mins per one lesson.

19#
發表於 07-5-10 11:54 |只看該作者

ECsPrayer,
Your information is so helpful and it makes me feel more confident of applying EC.

Super_nanny,
Thanks for your information too.  So, both the primary and secondary sections have the same school hour.  It is a good news to me.

20#
發表於 07-5-10 16:38 |只看該作者

我想問下EC家長, 你哋小朋友在EC讀左8個月, 有冇乜嘢你覺得學校應該改善呢? 而有乜嘢你又覺得學校做得好好呢?另外, 上堂用嘅書係咪都係比出面一般學校深d 呢? 因為我個小朋友而家讀緊o個間幼稚園係教高出面半級, 所以想問問EC 係唔係呀?唔好意思, 問o甘多問題, 但小朋友黎緊九月入EC, 真係有D 緊張, 驚佢樣樣都唔識, 又驚佢樣樣都做錯, D 同學相唔相處到等等. 真係樣樣都擔心.  

‹ 上一主題|下一主題