播道書院interview [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-11-12 16:31 |只看該作者

播道書院interview

有無考過播道書院中一入學試, 可否提供意見,心得,考試過程和問題供參考

2#
發表於 06-11-12 21:45 |只看該作者

Re: 播道書院interview

你昨日有冇去聽個簡介會?  個校長話會考中.英.數.  中文要個學生自己寫篇文章帶去, 然後佢地會同佢傾其中的內容, 而英文就只係叫佢讀d vocab.  數就會比d做好左ge題目同答案佢睇, 叫佢搵出錯處.

請問各位家長對呢間學校有咩意見??  個校長講個d教學理念係好咁聽, 但間學校咁新 (06年才第一年), 都唔知佢d理念得唔得.  有冇人有小朋友讀緊??  有咩comment??

我都想比個仔試下. 希望比d意見.

3#
發表於 06-11-12 22:48 |只看該作者

又話唔可以考筆試的?

4#
發表於 06-11-13 08:55 |只看該作者

Silents 寫道:
又話唔可以考筆試的?

Hi Silents,
昨年是冇筆試, 只係問問題!

Hi bobocats, jw402,
你發問了幾個問題, 我都想表達意見, 不過我想問吓我個小朋友(現正就讀本校)本校近況, 希望可以給你最新資料才答覆你的問題!
另外, EC家長們都有播道書院的討論區, 不過暫時就集中小學部的資訊多些, 可按下列超連結跳去觀看, 真係好感謝小學部學生家長的積極及投入!

按這裡

5#
發表於 06-11-13 11:18 |只看該作者

我睇左好多小學家長的意見.  希望有中學家長講下佢地ge睇法.....謝謝!!

6#
發表於 06-11-13 14:59 |只看該作者

真係希望有中學家長比d意見.因12月9日要interview喇!

7#
發表於 06-11-13 21:23 |只看該作者

William28 and other S1 or S1-to-be parents,

In the last parent day for Primary School, I met some S1 students who were on duty to greet the parents. They were very polite and proactive.

Especially there was one S1 girl called Wong Yan Kei (hope I didn't write it wrong), I had to say that she is very nice and presentable. When she is asked by a couple of P1 parents about the school life of their own kid, she answer politely, properly with caring.

When she is asked about why she joined EC and what is her academic result in her previous primary school, she  mentioned that she was the top 3 in her class (or form, I can't remember) but she doesn't want to go to some famous secondary school that only study, study and study...

Instead, she choose EC even though she lived in HK side. I have to say that she is properly mature and really knows what she wants for her future road.

She also mentioned that there are some classmates that are quite naughty but it's only minority, around 1 per class. Could you imagine that means just around 5 - 6 for whole form 1.

The school is encouraging the S1 students to behave by a competition that the winning class will be selected to become the role model and lead the primary kids if they can keep themselves behave e.g. walking rather running in the school, etc. It sounds good to me that the S1 students are motived rather than being punished to do good.

That nice girl gave me a very good impression and lead me to think that the primary kids are growing to this direction also.

Tks for the secondary kids who are serving the primary kids.

8#
發表於 06-11-13 22:33 |只看該作者

Goodkids,

Thank you for your comments.

9#
發表於 06-11-14 00:27 |只看該作者

hi

的學生話好開心,啲老師有love and care.  the textbook suits them well.  This is a good school

I have a feeling that the academic in this school will be weak.  The principle emphasised on love and care.  But he never talked about academic results, or the forecast of the future academic results.

10#
發表於 06-11-14 11:27 |只看該作者

bobocats,

The interview may be the same as that of last year as described by jw402!

bobocats, jw402,

As a s1 student's parent, I just share my idea,
1. Follow the things mentioned in the briefing meeting & in the application form. Please encourage the child involved in the preparation for the application, e.g. the child collect all the copies of cert. , recommendations... and visit the school web site for more background information.
2. Tell class master about your application for the school because the class master may give some tips to the child in attending the interview.

dllau,

As a new school, EC goes in the right way! Love & care encourage students' participation. Students love to go to the school.This way is more practical to a school.
Emphasis on academic results in a new school is not practical because all the academic results are directed to public examinations as I think. Pressure will be built. Do you agree?

11#
發表於 06-11-14 11:57 |只看該作者

好心煩啊 12月9就快到,再想聽多點意見就好啦

12#
發表於 06-11-14 12:12 |只看該作者

Virginiama,

你有interview的時間了嗎?  我還未交form.  是否交form的時候就要交埋個profile?

13#
發表於 06-11-14 12:44 |只看該作者

我都未交form, 是否順次?約interview.好煩, 都係想d仔女好,請問有無做profilio貼士?

14#
發表於 06-11-14 13:37 |只看該作者

jw402 寫道:
Virginiama,

你有interview的時間了嗎?  我還未交form.  是否交form的時候就要交埋個profile?

我們昨年交表連profile的!

15#
發表於 06-11-14 21:17 |只看該作者

Hi all EC parents & interesting parents,

Long time no talk !  As the traffic on EC forum is overwhelming, it's not easy to access.

My son is in S.1, he is progressing well both academically and multi-lectually.  He enjoys school life and grows positively and confidently. He studies and does his homework independently with good results. He encourages and influences classmates to do homework during the MTR trip instead of playing mobile's games.  He learns to serve younger kids though he has a little brother at P.4, now he can encourage and support even K.3 during my friend's visits.  He and some other students just participated in the HK-KLN secondary school swimming gala.  Though their swimming results were not  so good, we are impressed as the school let them try - don't forget that they are only F.1 students competing with F.3 students of other school, at the same division C.

It's Evangel College's love, caring & encouraging atmosphere from top (Principal Lo), teachers, even workers nurturing students so they are positively and happily grow-up.  I met some workers during parent's day, they were so caring and cheerful, asked if we have finished meeting teachers.  Of course, most importantly is the Christianity behind and the supporting parents.

Academically, a friend of mine, who passed the English attainment test of EMB, failed in the 1st round of interview of getting an English teaching post at EC.  Eventually, we knew why - EC successfully attracts very high calibre English standard teachers, mostly have native tones or major in English.

Hope the above give you some ideas how the S.1 school life are and how EC progresses.

Talking about interview, just ask your kids be relaxed and polite.  Take easy, try the best and enjoy the interview.  Pray to the Lord for His guidance cause He will surely give the best-suit school to your kid if you pray with faith.

On portfolio :
1. Application form
2. A table of index/CV summarizing personal particulars, the academic and extra-curricular activities
3. Photocopies of academic results and certificates

16#
發表於 06-11-15 00:08 |只看該作者

hi jw402
bobocats
有冇覺得好似中學的家長上嚟這裡,比較少,我都還未交form,一來對學校,二來對自己的小朋友都沒有太大信心 羅仕基金,有冇意見???

17#
發表於 06-11-15 09:54 |只看該作者

小女也是明年升中生, 聽過播道及羅氏簡佈會,可能因為羅仕已辦學一段時間, 他們的理念及教學已有一定水平, 而且他未接龍, 校長說會收大約40%保良局學生, 而且要用一個自選位, 因為他會參加大抽獎. 在現場他們的學生也很有禮貌而且樂於答問題.

而且播道是我由上年已留意他們的消息, 校長及老師會放小朋友為第一位, 甚麼對小朋友最好為大前題, 這是我對播道的一個總結;我認為學習是終生的,而培養小朋友有一個好的學習慣習及和諧的環境下成長是很重要的.我對播道是很有信心, 雖然小女未必可以順利考入, 因為她學術不是太好; 但我也會一試.

請問各位播道中學家長, 播道在第一輪收生後會否有第二輪?

18#
發表於 06-11-15 10:52 |只看該作者

Hi fatty14,

我都贊成你講"學習是終生的,而培養小朋友有一個好的學習慣習及和諧的環境下成長是很重要的,我對播道是很有信心"

昨年是有第二輪收生的! 鼓勵你的女去嘗試, 成功與否還未知, 但最少我們都能以身教: 努力嘗試! 加油! 兒女是會收到我們的信息的!

19#
發表於 06-11-15 16:04 |只看該作者

大家好,我是今天剛註冊的新會員,多多指教。
有關播道書院的講座,我當天都有出席,亦非常欣賞學校的教學理念,並因為我女兒非常喜歡那校舍。現正準備profolio及所須資料,但我女兒資助小學的校長並不鼓勵報讀直資學校。真使我頭痛。

20#
發表於 06-11-15 16:13 |只看該作者

Hi babyoyofufu,

你好! 可否講講她的校長不鼓勵報讀直資學校的原因?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題