女柭面試 ? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-9-24 22:50 |只看該作者

女柭面試 ?

請問有冇人知女柭用廣東話還是用英文 ?  用什麼形式的呢 ?       

2#
發表於 05-9-24 23:32 |只看該作者

Re: 女柭面試 ?

They use Cantonese if you have not requested to use English.   One to one interview.

3#
發表於 05-9-25 11:48 |只看該作者

Thank you !

4#
發表於 05-9-25 11:49 |只看該作者

Thank you !  Is it only interview the kid or both of parent and kid ?

Is there any other expenses other than school fee ? :

5#
發表於 05-9-25 12:23 |只看該作者

Snake 寫道:
Thank you !  Is it only interview the kid or both of parent and kid ?

Is there any other expenses other than school fee ? :

The interview is only conducted with the kid, but the parent(s) will have a chance to see the headmistress.

I find no extra fee other than the school fee for DGJS from the hkedcity website, but maybe those DGJS parents can give update inforation.

6#
發表於 05-9-25 13:44 |只看該作者

The headmistress will interview the kid only.  She will come out to bring the kid to her room.  She wants to take a look of the kid's parents.  So you also have the chance to see the headmistress.

7#
發表於 05-9-25 13:52 |只看該作者

Wnnieng 寫道:
The headmistress will interview the kid only.  She will come out to bring the kid to her room.  She wants to take a look of the kid's parents.  So you also have the chance to see the headmistress.

Both parents must be present and must dress up properly to give a better impression to the headmistress. (especially for those kids that have no background at all)

8#
發表於 05-9-25 14:11 |只看該作者

Though someone may think not fair, background is the most important.  My daughter is also in DGJS but we are not rich.  We rent house, own a small car but still so called Professional - an engineer.  However, at least 1/3 in the class are are really rich, at least with a driver to serve before and after shool.  1/3 are business man / Doctor / Lawyer, accountant, etc though not as rich as the first 1/3.  The other are at least Engineer / Senior Civil Servant.  Pls do not mis-interpret that Enfineer / Civil Servant are the lowest class but simply relatively speaking.  It is true that no parents are Hawkers, Cleaning lady, waitress, etc.  Reality.

Of couse, the academic background still plays an important role.

9#
發表於 05-9-25 14:30 |只看該作者

想請問學費要幾錢

10#
發表於 05-9-25 14:43 |只看該作者

$3,300 x 10 = $33,000, 1 fund raising from school, 1 from PTA.  Not much other expense within school.

11#
發表於 05-9-25 17:39 |只看該作者

Winnie,

Do you mean that the interview can be conducted in English?  Will there be any difference to use English or Chinese?

KristieMum

12#
發表於 05-9-25 18:28 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

13#
發表於 05-9-25 21:57 |只看該作者

- 36 in a class
- I should say not much
- depends on your girl, but for project, it is almost the parent's works
- 2 exams for whole years, don't worry about the tests, although many, they used to and don't treat them too serious
- full day 8:20-3:30 winter, 7:55-1:30 summer
- very much
- yes
- yes, 1 hr per week, don't expect too much

14#
發表於 05-9-25 23:36 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

15#
發表於 05-9-25 23:47 |只看該作者

Re: 女柭一問

Dear TLCheung

請問你DGJS 是否真的沒有來自非常普通家庭, 我與我先生只是打工一族, 我只是在一間大公司做祕書, 而我先生也只是一個經理 (並不是什麼 professional), 我希望我個女可以入到一間好學校.

但我擔心如你所說, engineer or senior civil servant 也只是少數,  那我個女就算入到, 也會自卑.  如果真的沒有一般家庭能入到或非常小數, 或者我會放棄不去面試.  請問你可否告之實際情況 (因為出面對此校實在太多 rumor), 等我好好考慮.  

謝謝

uu

16#
發表於 05-9-25 23:55 |只看該作者

Agreed!  唔駛大家 "Side"時間.
uu 寫道:
Dear TLCheung

請問你DGJS 是否真的沒有來自非常普通家庭, 我與我先生只是打工一族, 我只是在一間大公司做祕書, 而我先生也只是一個經理 (並不是什麼 professional), 我希望我個女可以入到一間好學校.

但我擔心如你所說, engineer or senior civil servant 也只是少數,  那我個女就算入到, 也會自卑.  如果真的沒有一般家庭能入到或非常小數, 或者我會放棄不去面試.  請問你可否告之實際情況 (因為出面對此校實在太多 rumor), 等我好好考慮.  

謝謝

uu

:-? ;-) 8-) :-P :-? ;-) 8-) :-P :-? :-P

17#
發表於 05-9-26 23:06 |只看該作者

I am sincerely replying your worries.

DGJS is really a good school, at least, apply to my daughter.  I feel no regret by sending her there.
Your husband is better than me in terms of title and my wife is a housewife but she used to have a good education but not working since my daughter was born.

I can't see why you need to feel shame of being a normal family (in fact not really normal already).

You must attend the interview.  If the school does not select your daughter, you have nothing to say.  But, if they have selected yours but your are not to attend.  You are just givng up without giving your daughter a chance.

It is the first time I join BK as I read quite a lot which are not truely reflecting the fact and I reckon I should do some clarification.

18#
發表於 05-9-26 23:26 |只看該作者

Re: 女拔一問

請容許我也搭句咀: 我留意到每近面試期間, 總有種種傳聞, 然後有人說要放棄報名, 放棄面試, 亦有人會和議, 說不想成為學校的宣傳工具等等.....但我心諗, 哈哈, 越多人棄權, 那麼堅持下去的人, 她們的機會便會越大了....

讓小朋友去試吧! 身為家長, 請不要在下一代面前輕言放棄.

替小朋友加油!!!   

19#
發表於 05-9-26 23:54 |只看該作者

除了少許 background 之外,是否主要睇小朋友 interview 的表現?

會唔會只收傳統名幼稚園的學生呢?

Interview 是怎樣的形式呢?

Thanks for sharing.

20#
發表於 05-9-27 00:30 |只看該作者

I remember there were only 3 simple questions and a picture to be described by my daughter.

2 girls met the headmistress at the same time but interviewed one by one.  My daughter said that the headmistress noticed her when interviewed the other one.

I think the performance of interview was critical for those normal family.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題