密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 英國 Year 10
查看: 5348|回覆: 31
go

英國 Year 10 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-12-14 17:22 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
小兒明年9月會到英國讀Year 10,已有學校Worth School 落實,但要我明年1月7日交1個學期deposit,但我又多心多找一間West Buckland School,兩校成績差不多,但WBS就每個學期平2000鎊,還有WBS仍未確認接受伸請,即仍未考試,真不知如何是好!   

2    0    0    0

2#
發表於 12-12-15 15:42 |只看該作者
ask your agent to seek an extension of deadline for payment

3#
發表於 12-12-19 08:37 |只看該作者
回復 Taimum 的帖子

Any comment for West Buckland, my son just took the examin. for year 9, still waiting the result. What I know is the
comparative cheaper school fee and rank 170 ( FT 2012 ) and of course recommended by agent. campus quite good but a bit far away from airport..???   thanks

4#
發表於 12-12-19 15:47 |只看該作者
我agent覺得WBS的Boaring比較細和Worth有IB,我們完全依賴agent比既資料,真煩惱!我雖然有興趣WBS,但仍等回覆接受伸請與否!妳幾時考試的?

5#
發表於 12-12-19 16:16 |只看該作者
回復 Taimum 的帖子

Last Sat ( 15/12/2012 ) mornng, may be it is now by Christmas, I think need take time to wait for the result,
and have you ever visited its web site. Quite cheap fee and  as we all know that it is a long term investment ,
5 % increase in school fee per year is horrible. What I care is...quite far away from airport ( my kid will travel
alone from airport.( about 6 hrs travelling time ?????)  still worrying ...anyway just wait and see...

6#
發表於 12-12-19 23:49 |只看該作者
回復 Taimum 的帖子

If you are already offered a place by Worth, Your agent may not really take any further action for your next request or just slow  down their action  since you know nothing but just trust your agent. ( That all of us can do ) They can get the fund from Worth. For my son's case, the school responsed several days later and let him has the examin. Although he may not be able to get the place finally, but still tried his best already...Hoping you good luck

7#
發表於 12-12-20 07:50 |只看該作者

引用:回復+Taimum+的帖子 Last+Sat+(+15/12/201

原帖由 BrandonVictoria 於 12-12-19 發表
回復 Taimum 的帖子

Last Sat ( 15/12/2012 ) mornng, may be it is now by Christmas, I think need take ...
同一間學校好多時會搭同一班機,同Agent 叫佢幫你約埋其他同學一齊搭

Ding

8#
發表於 12-12-20 16:16 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 Taimum 於 12-12-20 16:20 編輯

I have two different agent for Worth and West Buckland. I just talk with WBS  agent. She said WBS has no exam and only writing a letter as school requested.I am waiting for the result until early Jan because they are in holiday already.

9#
發表於 12-12-20 21:24 |只看該作者
回復 BrandonVictoria 的帖子

Don't you have guardian to transfer your son from airport to boarding school?Some school which have more boarders may arrange group car transfer, like Monmouth School.  Did you check with the school? It's not good for your son to travel alone if it's his first time to go to the school.

10#
發表於 12-12-20 21:33 |只看該作者
回復 Taimum 的帖子

School fee is a big issue because it's not one year, as you said, it's a long term investment.BTW, when you work, nobody will care which secondary school you come from.

11#
發表於 12-12-25 06:34 |只看該作者
回復 Taimum 的帖子

My son is studying at Worth School from 2nd term of year 8 & now he's year 10 & will attend IGCSE.  For my parents' view, we quite love this school & we've been there when he just enter this school on year 8 & I may help you to give you some comments of this school (before also Ashford School accept my son & we gave up but take Worth School instead):1. The campus is quite traditional British style, quite big & spacious & my son can always play football, tennis & basketball with his classmates;
2. So far my son said the school is very strict & in good discipline & the school with fair class work & test & work until 6:00pm & got their own free time; so his English is get improved a lot although he's quite poor before in HK.
3. Its location is very close to Gatwick airport, only 10 mins drive to school.
4. The school ranking is now higher than before & some hk students are come from DBS, St Joseph, King's, 耀中,高主教等等.
5. The school's study environment is quite good & no discrimination from other classmates.

The main point I appreciate that my son is now become more mature, independent, better academic result, it's right to get him to study in uk even it's very expensive! Hope the above points may help you cos I know it's difficult for us to pick a right school to your son, like us two years before!

12#
發表於 12-12-25 11:57 |只看該作者
多謝您的意見,其實他有朋友的弟弟正在讀Year 9,他父母也曾到Worth參觀,由最初鍾情另一校,到最後都決定讀Worth。但我仍有兩件事情擔心:
1) 離London很近,他們會否假期常外出?
2) 香港學生、中國學生有多少?
3) 聽說boarding不會安排香港生跟香港生同房?

13#
發表於 12-12-25 13:06 |只看該作者
回復 Taimum 的帖子

1 around 45 mins to London but his school is very strict, normal weekend you are not allowed to go so far especially lower form, my son said the housemaster will punish them even they go downtown with school shuttle bus but late to come back, eg punish he can't go out next week & my son said they not often to go out to Crawley & he prefer to play football with hi classmates.2. Around 4x hk students for the hole school & my son said they most probably work hard especially those with very gd academic result, in other words my on was very lazy before & now he follow them the study attitude is much much better than he stay in HK cos the tutor & teacher will report his progress in every subjects & in every terms. In fact the more hk students the higher ranking of the school.
3. It's good for the school that hk student will share a room with non hk students, eg now he share a big room with 3 students but all three of them are British, in other words his oral English is no problem at all & he get along with them.  Sometimes, they can't sleep immediately at 10pm & they'll chat & his oral English is improved a lot eg other classmates from Belgium, Germany, Spain, Nigeria etc

But depends your son's ability, the reason I pick this school is also because I don't want him to difficult to chase the curriculum cos before his academic standard is not so outstanding, but even Ashford's ranking is very high. Hope you make comparison for the school that which one is more suitable your son in fact. Before my son has a lot of argument & in not gd relationship with me. However, he becomes more good boy & considerate. Hope you can pick a right school for your son!

14#
發表於 12-12-25 13:25 |只看該作者
回復 Taimum 的帖子

One more thing tell you that there's not many students from mainland China, only 7 to 8. For mid term, your guardian will pick him up from the school & it's not easy to leave by himself. Every time the housemaster needs your approval for many things & this school is very strict & my son always told me that all his friends from two other schools is more free than his school. Also, the longer school & homework time than other schools as well, so he got less freedom to play but study & they got also activities times for them relax eg every Wed afternoon time is off for activities. This school is also famous in music & art! Also during weekend, they need to register to housemaster 4 times so my son said it is very difficult to escape to London. If he really wants to go out to London, he must get approval from parents!

15#
發表於 12-12-26 11:06 |只看該作者
非常多謝妳的分享,令我有信心送阿仔到Worth學習,我留message到私人訊息,Please check.

16#
發表於 12-12-26 11:31 |只看該作者
回復 CarrieTse 的帖子

I wish to know that will the schools ( especially independent school ) request their student to repeat when
they think that students failed in examination. Is it commonly happened.

17#
發表於 12-12-26 12:49 |只看該作者
回復 BrandonVictoria 的帖子

No any result from agent?

18#
發表於 12-12-26 12:53 |只看該作者
回復 BrandonVictoria 的帖子

You can ask agent any chance of this case will be happened. At my son, he must not accept to repeat one year.

19#
發表於 12-12-26 14:45 |只看該作者
回復 Taimum 的帖子

Dear Taimun,
                         Agent will only states the bright side of the story, so I just want to have any experience sharing for this cases, I think for thirtheen or fourteen years old kids, they may have difficults in new studying and english speaking environment, so would anybody shared their experience, Repeat one year causes not only money, time and confidence for kids who are in thousands miles abroad.

20#
發表於 12-12-27 08:21 |只看該作者
回復 BrandonVictoria 的帖子

I've never heard about this.  My understanding is private independent school (PIS) has homework group, learning support to help the students.   My son is only Year 8 and I did not feel there is much pressure on the examination.  UK people care about kids feeling very much.  They are very encouraging and I doubt if they will repeat a student which is very discouraging!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題